2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

There are seminars? There were none using Macquarie Timetable maker for me - just Lectures/Tut for Phil and Lectures/Prac for Psy.
Depends on the units maybe?

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

mm. well seminars were in the evening so maybe they are for evening students only? hmm a bit confusing! haha oh well. which philosophy units are you doing dolbinau? i'm doing 131 and 137 :)

tinfoilhat

HSC

type of class just depends on preferred teaching style and what's relevant to the subject ie pracs

is anyone else doing any history or politics units?

dance2urownbeat

HSC

i'm doing hist115 and ahst101.

and this is what i'm referring to:

PSY 104 / F / 1 / E Seminar_1
Class_25 Tue 18-20 C4A 238
Class_27 Wed 18-20 C4A 234
Class_26 Thu 19-21 C4A 238

or

PHIL137 / F / 1 / E Seminar_1
Class_01 Tue 18-20 X5B 143

etc.

tinfoilhat

HSC

ohh cool i'm doing hist115 too

i'm pretty sure this was already explained in another thread... basically a seminar is like a lecture but smaller and it's more structured than a tute

lucidassembly

HSC

ok so when i registering in classes, seminars for psych and phil didn't show up, but they are listed in the timetable and my understanding was that i had to go to one of each activity listed yeh? i've sent an email to the psych department about whether i need to enrol in seminars/how do i enrol in them since they don't show up in the timetable...does anyone with experience in either psych or phil know if i meant to go to the seminars?
As long as you filled up all your blue hourglasses when you did your class timetable (which filled up for me without the psych seminars), then you're fine. I think the seminars are only for the people who are doing the evening classes instead of the day ones :)

dance2urownbeat

HSC

ohh cool i'm doing hist115 too

i'm pretty sure this was already explained in another thread... basically a seminar is like a lecture but smaller and it's more structured than a tute
sweet! i'm pretty keen for hist115, it sounds really interesting plus marnie hughes-warrington seems pretty cool, i talked to her about german history for a bit on open day :)

As long as you filled up all your blue hourglasses when you did your class timetable (which filled up for me without the psych seminars), then you're fine. I think the seminars are only for the people who are doing the evening classes instead of the day ones :)
yay awesome no evening classes for me then! :) yeh my hourglasses filled up too but i just wasn't sure. thanks for clearing that up guys.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I might have to do HIST115 depending on whether I can get a waiver for another subject *sigh* or another HIST unit ><

tinfoilhat

HSC

sweet! i'm pretty keen for hist115, it sounds really interesting plus marnie hughes-warrington seems pretty cool, i talked to her about german history for a bit on open day :)
ohh i just remembered i used her stuff for ext history... i reckon she'll be an awesome lecturer :D

old.skool.kid

HSC

So just enrolled today for BA psych today :wave:... So many people are doing psych that it wouldnt let me enrol in the psych lectures lol wtf, i probably shouldnt have even got an offer to this course :haha:

i'm doing hist115 and ahst101.

and this is what i'm referring to:

PSY 104 / F / 1 / E Seminar_1
Class_25 Tue 18-20 C4A 238
Class_27 Wed 18-20 C4A 234
Class_26 Thu 19-21 C4A 238

or

PHIL137 / F / 1 / E Seminar_1
Class_01 Tue 18-20 X5B 143

etc.
hey! im also doing hist 101 and phil 131 as well as psych so will probably see you somewhere. Im also doing phil 134 and wasnt sure whether or not to choose that anth one on drugs or bbe100. ended up choosing bbe cos didnt wanna go to uni on monday :p

B

bekmay

hey when sending in my deferral request the conditions said that i would have to reapply for my position in september (i think it was september), in order to have that place. how exactly do i do that?

Leggs

HSC

hey when sending in my deferral request the conditions said that i would have to reapply for my position in september (i think it was september), in order to have that place. how exactly do i do that?
You have to go through the process of applying through UAC again. So everything you did last year to get the offer. Do it again. Although when I reapplied I only put down the course that I ended up deferring.

dance2urownbeat

HSC

So just enrolled today for BA psych today :wave:... So many people are doing psych that it wouldnt let me enrol in the psych lectures lol wtf, i probably shouldnt have even got an offer to this course :haha:
yeh when i was enrolling it said on the board that the psych practicals were all full and they would be adding more later, but luckily the prac i wanted still had some places!

B

bekmay

You have to go through the process of applying through UAC again. So everything you did last year to get the offer. Do it again. Although when I reapplied I only put down the course that I ended up deferring.
so will i still have my UAC number and everything? is it just like applying as a yr 12 student? you got in ok yeah? like first round and evertything? lol

B

bekmay

a bit of sarcasm, makes u realise how stupid your question is

i don't think it was stupid. i just want to make sure i definately have a spot to go back to next year and that i won't lose it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)