2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

antisheep

HSC
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

You apply to UAC. I'm not sure if BAppFin/LLB has midyear intake, you need to ask them.
No LLB has midyear intake at mac... i tried mid-2007 but because Law114 is only offered first semester they don't offer it.

sadasdsadasda

HSC

I was just getting organised today so I don't miss out on any important days. So this is what I've done:
  • I checked out when my enrolment day is- 3rd of Feb
  • I need to hand it a form for previous studies by 4th- results 13th
  • The orientation day is 18th
  • I've printed the study pattern for my course + discriptions of units and some electives that I found interesting
  • I had a look at the timetable and printed it (Q. about the timetable- how do you know the dates. Like it says the day of the week but not the actual date)
  • I also printed the internal undergrad. proposed program form - but can't fill it out cause I don't understand the timetable.
Is there anything else I need to do? or have forgotten to do?
how do you find the discription of units/electives??

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

i got a call from a nice lady. told me about a girl she knew who went on like, 12 exchanges! i was like sweet, maqu here i come! haha.

rcurtis

HSC

I have a feeling that they are calling those who received an offer to go to Macquarie, but not as their first preference.

BigDk

HSC

NERALY EVERY UNI DOES IT NOW, PRETTY MUCH "oh how can i help you"

my reply "nothing unless you can come give me a headjob"

aq15

HSC

um where are they located? like the post office? man how i wish i already had a tax file number! haha.

yeh it's just what logjammin attached. i didn't find it particularly helpful, but damn your computer doesn't read it! do you have the adobe software? is that even the issue? i have no idea haha...

Thanks logjammin for the attach. much appriciated.

and dance i think its a corrupted usb. the computer doens't even register it and nothing pops up when i put it in. The same thing happens on my laptop which i only got about half a year ago lol. Mass production of cheap usb for us students, what can u expect

cjdart

HSC

I was just getting organised today so I don't miss out on any important days. So this is what I've done:
  • I checked out when my enrolment day is- 3rd of Feb
  • I need to hand it a form for previous studies by 4th- results 13th
  • The orientation day is 18th
  • I've printed the study pattern for my course + discriptions of units and some electives that I found interesting
  • I had a look at the timetable and printed it (Q. about the timetable- how do you know the dates. Like it says the day of the week but not the actual date)
  • I also printed the internal undergrad. proposed program form - but can't fill it out cause I don't understand the timetable.
Is there anything else I need to do? or have forgotten to do?
how did u find the units despcriptions for your course?
I'm doing law/environmental management but i can't find what the elective units are for my course. can some1 tell me how?

HSC

the guy (dean of students?) on the vodcast said we can pick electives from anywhere in mac

HSC

Lawls first science student to post :music:

Anyways, I've accept my offer and I've filled out the HECS form, but I still don't know how to enrol in the units and I have no clue as to when we enrol in the units...

Do we enrol in the units on Orientation Day?

If not...

How do we enrol in the units through that e-mac student system???

Thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

how did u find the units despcriptions for your course?
I'm doing law/environmental management but i can't find what the elective units are for my course. can some1 tell me how?
At MQ you can pick ANY unit from anywhere as long as you fulfill the pre-requisite (so this rules out certain specific units which need you to be enrolled in the degree in :))

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

Lawls first science student to post :music:

Anyways, I've accept my offer and I've filled out the HECS form, but I still don't know how to enrol in the units and I have no clue as to when we enrol in the units...

Do we enrol in the units on Orientation Day?

If not...

How do we enrol in the units through that e-mac student system???

Thanks
what i think is happening is that, if u need to attend some academic advise on the orientation day then u cant enroll, but if u dont need to attend taht academic thing, u can enroll.. i think thats whats happening, im still confused aswell haha

HSC

what i think is happening is that, if u need to attend some academic advise on the orientation day then u cant enroll, but if u dont need to attend taht academic thing, u can enroll.. i think thats whats happening, im still confused aswell haha
WTF?? :confused:

Logjammin'

HSC

You have to go in and get your proposed units signed by some academic guru. The guru will then guide you to the craggly top of mount Krykor where you must throw your first-born into the fiery depths below. Once your soul has been consumed by the burning hatred that has been bestowed on so many before you, the true meaning of "Macquarie" shall be revealed to you.

Your timetable will then be printed out and you will be allowed to go home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)