• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (2 Viewers)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
today i was sitting in the breann room with a few friends hanging out and a few of us including myself were writing up our chem labs; we were sitting up the end just outside the gt bar on the far wall where the pianos are, and we were sitting on front of the one closet to the gt bar where this guy was playing quite skillfully, some epic classical song which seemed to go on for ages, so after about 10 minutes kane myself and ash went over to the other piano to "dual" this guy.

we played mary had a little lamb,

we got laughed at by the whole of the breann room basically

good times

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
today i was sitting in the breann room with a few friends hanging out and a few of us including myself were writing up our chem labs; we were sitting up the end just outside the gt bar on the far wall where the pianos are, and we were sitting on front of the one closet to the gt bar where this guy was playing quite skillfully, some epic classical song which seemed to go on for ages, so after about 10 minutes kane myself and ash went over to the other piano to "dual" this guy.

we played mary had a little lamb,

we got laughed at by the whole of the breann room basically

good times
was that the indian guy?
coz there was an indian guy there doing that yesterday.

in other news, lab reports are gay.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I saw a white guy play once, he was good.

Lab reports for physics are gay, the rest are alright.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
in other news, lab reports are gay.
Lab reports for physics are gay, the rest are alright.
Lab reports for Psych are tha shit.

800 - 1000 words on using children's drawing as a way to analyse cognitive development. First year course though, I wrote too march. :(

EDIT: In other jews, I am nailing these grad job applications. 10 down, 15 to go.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I seriously hate the shit word limits that get imposed upon us.

I want to do my Phd just so i can tell them to go and fuck their shit word limits.

blue_chameleon

HSC
I seriously hate the shit word limits that get imposed upon us.

I want to do my Phd just so i can tell them to go and fuck their shit word limits.
Yeah, can be restrictive I guess.

...but tell that to the tutors that have to mark the shit when people hand them 3000 word essays for a 10% assessment. Glad i'm not one, although a guy I work with at the AIC is one (can't remember which subject) and he's paid quite handsomely at about $80/hour.

Doesn't include time for marking though.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
lol I wish, I swear to god i will fucking stab newcastle basketball... not only have they still not paid me from basketball last week, this weeks money hasn't gone in either.

I'll come give you that $50 this arvo.

blue_chameleon

HSC
lol I wish, I swear to god i will fucking stab newcastle basketball... not only have they still not paid me from basketball last week, this weeks money hasn't gone in either.

I'll come give you that $50 this arvo.
Yeah no worries, I finish class at 6.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I freaking hate small word limits too. But the point is to learn you how to write concise, to-the-point essays/reports.

Still, sometimes I think lecturers ask way too much of a small word limit. It's like, 'Do I answer everything thoroughly, go over the limit and get penalised? Or do I generalise and trivialise certain concepts, stick to the word limit and get a crap mark for not explaining enough?' Yayyy dilemma!

Also, I think some of them weight things a lot smaller than they should be worth. Evil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)