• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (3 Viewers)

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
:spzz:

oh and yesterday a guy in my chem lab got KMnO4 all over his hands, they are stained poo brown now
this happened to me with silver nitrate. stayed on for weeks, no matter how hard i scrubbed to try and get it off. people thought i was diseased

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
my funny quirk of the day:

I parked my car in the multistorey this morning at about 8:25 and was walking over to the ticket machine to buy a ticket (considering i train it most days, i dont have a semester ticket).
Anyways, on the way back to my car to put the ticket on the dashboard, i was looking around innocently. One girl was sitting in her car on her phone. Another car had a broken wing mirror. There was a guy sitting in the passenger seat of another car.
I then noticed that there was also a girl in the car.
She was in the driver's seat, but her face was in his lap. Face down.

I was all "oh my :eek:".

em_516

bludging..
HSC
"Gee, that girl on the phone is real pretty. :) Wow, how unfortunate for the owner of that car whose side mirror has broken. :( Haha look at that guy, all relaxed. That's so ni- OH MY GODDD. Do want. :eek:"

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
he looked me straight in the eye for a split second.
that was the most awkward part about it.

My other quirk relates to my lecture in the lifesciences theatre this morning.
in LSTH the alarm goes off if the door is left open. so we close it. Unfortunately when you close it, it locks.
Anyway, this morning, our lecture had been going for about 20 minutes and somebody knocked on the door to be let in.
So the lecturer said "could somebody please let those refugees in?" he said 'refugees' meaning those who were abandoned and trying to find their way in.
but the funny part was that when the door opened, 6 asian internationals walked in.
Pretty much the entire lecture theatre swelled with giggles.
And the lecturer had no idea what everyone was going on about.

OK time for me to go to work!

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

My other quirk relates to my lecture in the lifesciences theatre this morning.
in LSTH the alarm goes off if the door is left open. so we close it. Unfortunately when you close it, it locks.
Anyway, this morning, our lecture had been going for about 20 minutes and somebody knocked on the door to be let in.
So the lecturer said "could somebody please let those refugees in?" he said 'refugees' meaning those who were abandoned and trying to find their way in.
but the funny part was that when the door opened, 6 asian internationals walked in.
Pretty much the entire lecture theatre swelled with giggles.
And the lecturer had no idea what everyone was going on about.

OK time for me to go to work!
Haha, the lecture hall one would have been a crack.

Man, I have a real fondness for your stories. You tell dem good. :eek:

I have to workz tonight at CHIC from 12-5am. Prob will be drunk tho.

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
careers expo was win, i got 5 bottles 10 pens a frizbee usb stick pedometer notepads yo yos hacky sacks coffee thermes thingy etc

it was awesome

i even got a plant

when i got it all home my mum dad and sister started knicking things from me

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Gets off on guys.

Matt I finished my tuck shop lady/slave labour shift - pretty uneventful. Cept I saw dem fireworks up close and personal, woo!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Already got 'em ;)
Tbh, you should lose weight really. Ran around the entire time, ate nothing and in the quiet times carried a lot of heavy boxes. My arms were good when I worked at Woolies haha.

That said, I packed a lot of lollies into sealed bags and everytime there were leftovers, the woman who actually worked there would come past and eat the leftovers :D

Tonight I am going all the way to Syd for a Ladette to Lady party, average age ~36. Ooriiite!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Are they really? God, it's already quite vulgar lol.

Last night was shite, though fun dressing up. Turns out partying with 46-50yos isn't as fun as you'd imagine. Didn't really feel like I could truly behave ladette styles haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)