2009 Preliminary Yearlies Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

zerocool

HSC
re: Preliminary Yearlies Discussion Thread

I'm nearly finished with exams, majority of mine were crammed into one week... I only got one day rest last week and I was studying hardout for Modern and when I actually did the exam I realised I didn't even need to study for it as much as I did. I could have been working on other subjects... ugh -.-

So anyway! I have Legal on Tuesday and I'm not looking forward to it. Our legal department is kind of... incompetent... so I fear how they've written out the exam.

HSC

^ good luck!!

just remember your LCMD for legal :)

bdd96

HSC
N/A

Our starts on the thursday of week 9 and goes into week 10 thats pretty good. Started studying but seeing people say that these marks go to nothing makes me feel abit better :L

Can you guys tell me something? Im a pretty smart kid probably in the top 3 in my school and i work hard but stupid subject selections and a doing stupid things out of school with mates kinda screws me up. Can you tell me what RTAR is possible with these subjects?

1) Standard English (Stupid selection, coming 1st in year, teacher said i should have chose advanced.
2) Mathematics (2U)
3) Business Studies
4) Information Technology
5) Visual Art
6) Multimedia

Multimedia recently got changed to category A, another question, what would be better to drop? Multimedia is really fucked and i hate it but i get slightly higher marks and i believe it has better scaling than Art? Where in Art i really really enjoy. Thanks if reply.

HSC

mine start tomorrow :jedi:

sick of studying! no days off out of my whole exam block, one every flippin day!

good luck to everyone else =)

saberbladexx

HSC

Our starts on the thursday of week 9 and goes into week 10 thats pretty good. Started studying but seeing people say that these marks go to nothing makes me feel abit better :L

Can you guys tell me something? Im a pretty smart kid probably in the top 3 in my school and i work hard but stupid subject selections and a doing stupid things out of school with mates kinda screws me up. Can you tell me what RTAR is possible with these subjects?

1) Standard English (Stupid selection, coming 1st in year, teacher said i should have chose advanced.
2) Mathematics (2U)
3) Business Studies
4) Information Technology
5) Visual Art
6) Multimedia

Multimedia recently got changed to category A, another question, what would be better to drop? Multimedia is really fucked and i hate it but i get slightly higher marks and i believe it has better scaling than Art? Where in Art i really really enjoy. Thanks if reply.
drop neither, or drop Multimedia, do thinks you enjoy in the HSC, trust me it makes a difference.

If you're top 3 in your school ,depending on its school rank, 95+ might be possible.

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC

First preliminary exams tomorrow, starting with Adv English in the morning and then Software in the afternoon.

God damn "Big Bang Theory" (Yes, the TV Show) is making it terribly hard to study for english.

MaddiEcstatic

HSC

mine start tomorrow (agh!)
i'm stressing heaps about music
i'm playing master blaster by stevie wonder and wrote a cover to be my husband by lisa hannigan
haven't even got the bands together yet haha

saberbladexx

HSC

First preliminary exams tomorrow, starting with Adv English in the morning and then Software in the afternoon.

God damn "Big Bang Theory" (Yes, the TV Show) is making it terribly hard to study for english.
LOL the last question in my physics exam was on the Big Bang/expanding universe and when i saw it my brain started singing the theme song XD.

sk-rulz

HSC

My yearlies start tomoro :]. Got the 3 unit exam first thing tomoro morning, haven't studied on bit.

fail.

saberbladexx

HSC

hahaha. T'is a good show though. Waiting for another season to come out. :tongue:
Oh god Sheldon is so freaking hilarious!!!, anything he does he crack-up.

I'm wondering what we're going to do in classes now these 2 weeks after we finish getting our results etc,....i don't wanna do any work :rofl:

pandaaMONIA

HSC

rahh.
rahhhhh.

This weekend just isn't my weekend.
English Extension tomorrow, Don't know what's in it.
Should probably find out. lol;

Tuesday is Society & Culture, which is nothing to worry about at all, but then Japanese is on thursday.

oh god.

Also found out, to my great discomfort, that chemistry is a pre-req of Adv. Science, and especially Neuroscience.
Meaning either a) I do a bridging course, or b) do chemistry for HSC.
Like, I know for a fact that last 2Us of either S&C or Chemistry won't count. I'm too strong in maths/jap/english, but... still?
I dunno what to do.
I'm absolutely horrendous at chemistry, but maybe it's because I just have no interest.
maybe it's my teacher.
I dunno.

hmm.. a lot of thinking to do.

good luck everyone starting/finishing yearlies this week, and screw you everyone who has finished.

you lucky people.

dragoncore

HSC

My exams started last friday with Business services (ridiculously easy course)
Monday - music
Tuesday - 2U Mathematics
Wednesday - Business Studies
Thursday - English Advanced
Friday - Biology

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC

How the frig do I study for Advanced English.

heh, it's just an 80min exam anyway. 2 Questions at 40mins each and about 4-5 pages each.

I suppose I could maybe memorize some quotes, themes and techniques. But that requires effort, and effort requires energy.

*sleeps*

duckcowhybrid

HSC

We got our Year 12 subject selection forms (picking up/dropping units eg HX MX2 etc). Big moments ahead.

MoNii09

HSC

Only Have bio and music performance left tomorrow (22nd) YAY!!

SMP213

HSC

i did my first one today- english!!
but 2morrow i got society n culture!!

Last edited by a moderator:

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC

woo 1st english paper, mathsing time ppls!!!

Last edited:

mecramarathon

HSC

everyone wants to drop physics in my grade cause the teachers can't explain the concepts

then they put a friggin hard exam paper :mad1:

= biggest culling TBA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)