2009 UMAT Official Results (No Spam) (1 Viewer)

bradpitt

HSC
Ireckon it is not true. ACER never says 1st etc. They can't as it is against their guidelines. Read them.

F-O-B

HSC
So how long till uni's in general send out interview offers?

nate-

HSC
Ireckon it is not true. ACER never says 1st etc. They can't as it is against their guidelines. Read them.
Why would they be quiet about something as substantial as topping the state?

arpit_j

HSC
S1:72
S2: 63
S3: 80

Total: 215
Overall score:71
Percentile: % 100

Umat prep: Medentry - really good prep for sec 3 was my worst one,

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Why would they be quiet about something as substantial as topping the state?
Because it is a private exam governed by their own rules, not a government exam where they have an open disclosure policy to release results to the public. Also the stakes are higher with UMAT as 'culling test' since everything under 90% is pretty much a bad result for most students. So it would be kind of embarassing for the majority of students if these results were released publicly.

ayu

HSC
wow....this is super sad for me....
i only got percentile 50.... so if i had at least scored 5+ more questions correct, i would have at least got 70+......bloody f...
i found umat hard anyway, section 1, was like a bedtime story except boring.
had to stab myself while showing results to mum....
well..goodbye pharmacy~

Anonymus

HSC
N/A
hey anyone know how UWS weighs each section?, wat sorta scores they after for interviews? also if you took the test more than once (2 years), do they mix and match the highest sections together or do they only consider 1 year at a time?.

Last edited:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
congrats to many of you who smashed it

and to those who didn do so welll...the UMAT is a hard test...and med is a hard course....you can always prepare better and try again next year

F

fuckit1991

hey anyone know how UWS weighs each section?, wat sorta scores they after for interviews? also if you took the test more than once (2 years), do they mix and match the highest sections together or do they only consider 1 year at a time?.
its one at a time and uws calculates it (2:2:1) (s1:s2:s3)

q3thefish

HSC
wow....this is super sad for me....
i only got percentile 50.... so if i had at least scored 5+ more questions correct, i would have at least got 70+......bloody f...
i found umat hard anyway, section 1, was like a bedtime story except boring.
had to stab myself while showing results to mum....
well..goodbye pharmacy~
...STAT...
*tumbleweed*

katastrophe

HSC
S1: 78
S2: 60
S3: 67
Overall score: 69
Percentile: 99%

Previous results if applicable: none
Umat prep if any: previous tests from friends; as much as I could fit around schoolwork without overprioritising UMAT (am not applying for Med).

So far, I've heard of percentiles from 2 friends with 91, 1 friend with 100 and 1 friend with a score that basically removed any chance of getting into her dream courses ... but there's always upgrading!

I don't know if anyone answered the questions about the overall scores being weirdly rounded, but it's because ACER uses the raw data with decimal places. This information is stated on the results PDF file.

P.T.F.E

HSC
ok this may sound hell pathetic and dumb to those who know about umat but i don't so...

i am asuming from previous reply's that an 80 wont be sufficient to get an interview at UNSW right? Also it doesn't matter how high of an ATAR u recieve say 99, u need to have a high UMAT? is that correct??

Top Secret

HSC
ok this may sound hell pathetic and dumb to those who know about umat but i don't so...

i am asuming from previous reply's that an 80 wont be sufficient to get an interview at UNSW right? Also it doesn't matter how high of an ATAR u recieve say 99, u need to have a high UMAT? is that correct??
With 80, you can get an interview at UNSW provided your ATAR estimate or actual ATAR is 99.5ish at least.

P.T.F.E

HSC
With 80, you can get an interview at UNSW provided your ATAR estimate or actual ATAR is 99.5ish at least.
ok so 80 is not all that bad. but if u get 80 in UMAT the chances of having the intelligance to get 99.5 ATAR is slim

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
refer to their table on the faculty's website. it will tell you what kind of ATAR/UMAT combination you need. its the most accurate/reliable source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)