• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009ers: How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aerath said:
Wow. Our class marks don't go towards any half yearly or yearly reports. So homework isn't marked, our teacher just marks it, and circles over the stuff she thinks is dodgy, fixes it - and this sometimes means that she has to give us ideas and re-edit entire paragraphs for us. Sometimes it's sorta demoralising seeing a red pen slash through entire paragraphs, but at the end of the day it's pretty good.

Only assessments count towards our report. We've had one so far this year, and we'll have one more at the half yearly. Advantages of this are you only really need to put in the hard yards a couple of weeks before an assessment, however if you screw up, you're screwed.
My teacher in my friend's essay wrote: 'Spare me'. She's so harsh with her comments. She also makes it sound as if she has some attitude in her marking. Seriously. She writes: 'I don't think so' and 'NO!' in caps and underlined which makes everyone feel all depressed when they recieve their marks and comments.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Wow. Our class marks don't go towards any half yearly or yearly reports. So homework isn't marked, our teacher just marks it, and circles over the stuff she thinks is dodgy, fixes it - and this sometimes means that she has to give us ideas and re-edit entire paragraphs for us. Sometimes it's sorta demoralising seeing a red pen slash through entire paragraphs, but at the end of the day it's pretty good.

Only assessments count towards our report. We've had one so far this year, and we'll have one more at the half yearly. Advantages of this are you only really need to put in the hard yards a couple of weeks before an assessment, however if you screw up, you're screwed.
The teachers mark their own class's assessments! Not just the class stuff.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
My teacher in my friend's essay wrote: 'Spare me'. She's so harsh with her comments. She also makes it sound as if she has some attitude in her marking. Seriously. She writes: 'I don't think so' and 'NO!' in caps and underlined which makes everyone feel all depressed when they recieve their marks and comments.
Whats wrong with your teacher?! Is she sadistic or something? :(

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
foram said:
Whats wrong with your teacher?! Is she sadistic or something? :(
haha I think so. But everyone who has been in her class always says that you'll love her when it comes to exams because she'll make you ace your HSC and this is the scary bit - you'll learn to love her. I'm mortified.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
haha I think so. But everyone who has been in her class always says that you'll love her when it comes to exams because she'll make you ace your HSC and this is the scary bit - you'll learn to love her. I'm mortified.
:eek: That is really scary! I don't like sadistic people (apart from myself). But if she teaches well, then i would gladly trade teachers.

selablad

HSC
Well harsh comments are better than if she ticked it all...with smiley faces...or acted all sweet and said "try a little harder sweetie"

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
Well harsh comments are better than if she ticked it all...with smiley faces...or acted all sweet and said "try a little harder sweetie"
Thats true. :D :D It would be refreshing to have a teacher that told you that you failed at whatever it is you were doing, and which bit was the most horrid, rather than one that just keeps saying that you'll be find if you try harder. :( what do i try harder at?! My english teacher writes like 3 words of constructive critisism on my assessment and puts an 8/15 or something just as bad without giving any more advice on how to improve! GRR :vcross:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I have a really bad stomach ache right now! I just got one for no reason! what if it fatal? do stomache aches mean someting wrong inside me? maybe i swallowed an insect without knowing. maybe i swallowed some seeds, and they're going to sprout out of me!! it hurts so much, do you think i'll die?

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Well, our teacher underlines and writes "NO" whenever we screw up something big time. However, she usually writes stuff such as "see me after class" or something like that, or an explanation. It may seem embarassing and stuff to be kept back afterclass, however, most of us have accepted as a way of the teacher really trying her best to better our marks. Which she has done - so we think she's an excellent teacher.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
foram said:
Thats true. :D :D It would be refreshing to have a teacher that told you that you failed at whatever it is you were doing, and which bit was the most horrid, rather than one that just keeps saying that you'll be find if you try harder. :( what do i try harder at?! My english teacher writes like 3 words of constructive critisism on my assessment and puts an 8/15 or something just as bad without giving any more advice on how to improve! GRR :vcross:
hm, yeah that is so true. But it's also bad when the teacher gives you a whole page of comments back and you can't read their hand writing. Perhaps you should go back and ask your teacher where else you can improve, I'm sure she'd be only too happy to answer. Teachers love it when you come to them and ask stuff, just .. try not to over do it.
My Ext. English teacher gave me back 4 pages of feedback for my assessment. She's a great teacher :D

foram said:
I have a really bad stomach ache right now! I just got one for no reason! what if it fatal? do stomache aches mean someting wrong inside me? maybe i swallowed an insect without knowing. maybe i swallowed some seeds, and they're going to sprout out of me!! it hurts so much, do you think i'll die?
you're probably just digesting.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
you're probably just digesting.
It really really hurts. And i have to pretend to be normal when my mums around, or else she starts getting angry with me. :( stomache aches are torment.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
foram said:
It really really hurts. And i have to pretend to be normal when my mums around, or else she starts getting angry with me. :( stomache aches are torment.
waah.. your mum will get angry if you're feeling unwell? or angry at you for eating something bad :p?

poor thing.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
Lyounamu, how did your parent teacher interview go? :D
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I am so happy about all the interviews I had. However, I am getting more pressured now. In one interview, some teachers went as far as saying that I might be able to top Business Studies in the state!!! My mother was like "Ok...(that sounds like he is bullshitting)".

Another teacher made a comparison between I and the previous school Dux who came first in the state for Physics and Mathematics (as an accelerant student). He was saying how much he expects from me (in terms of results). On top of that, I have got the exam on friday and I have a feeling that he will pay particular attention on my mark. Wish me luck, I don't want to dissapoint him and he is the last teacher that I would dissapoint.

I am both ecstatic and nervous. However, I don't appreciate pressure as I perform worse under pressure. Overall, my mum was very overjoyed as she only heard great comments. However, all teachers made a small criticism that I am under too much pressure and they all told me to relax.

EDIT: I don't know what to drop now. I apparently came equal second in Chemistry after remarking (and I don't even like Chemistry that much). My mum accidentally confessed that I hate Chemistry and you should have seen how awkward it was for me to try persuading my teacher that Chemistry is the best subject and I will never drop.

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I am so happy about all the interviews I had. However, I am getting more pressured now. In one interview, some teachers went as far as saying that I might be able to top Business Studies in the state!!! My mother was like "Ok...(that sounds like he is bullshitting)".

Another teacher made a comparison between I and the previous school Dux who came first in the state for Physics and Mathematics (as an accelerant student). He was saying how much he expects from he (in terms of results). On top of that, I have got the exam on friday and I have a feeling that he will pay particular attention on my mark. Wish me luck, I don't want to dissapoint him and he is the last teacher that I would dissapoint.

I am both ecstatic and nervous. However, I don't appreciate pressure as I perform worse under pressure. Overall, my mum was very overjoyed as she only heard great comments. However, all teachers made a small criticism that I are under too much pressure and they all told me to relax.

EDIT: I don't know what to drop now. I apparently came equal second in Chemistry after remarking (and I don't even like Chemistry. My mum accidentally confessed that I hate Chemistry and you should have seen how awkward it was for me to try persuading my teacher that Chemistry is the best subject and I will never drop.
I envy you... I've had to deliberately "accidently loose" my parent-teacher interview sheet for the past 4 years because the teachers all hate me...

This year, the math teachers like me.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
foram said:
I envy you... I've had to deliberately "accidently loose" my parent-teacher interview sheet for the past 4 years because the teachers all hate me...

when i 'loose' my sheet my teachers call my parents up they do that with evry1 that lost their sheet

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
kaz1 said:
when i 'loose' my sheet my teachers call my parents up they do that with evry1 that lost their sheet
I'm glad i don't go to your school. I would be in so much trouble. :D I still have that stomache ache...

HSC
Had a maths exam today. It was alright, but the last page screwed me over. ;[

adidasboy

weee
HSC
foram said:

haha you're like me, i also throw the interview sheets in the bin. My parents don't know about them, they don't ask about them. It's all good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)