2011 University cut offs (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you sure you have an offer?
I definitely have an offer to B Biomedical Science, but not the B Biomed (Hons) Acc because apparently from what you just wrote there were no offers sent out to people!?

I am definitely calling Griffith tomorrow. P.S. Where did you read that?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Last edited:

Towner

Banned
HSC
You are supposed to get offers. Did you change the preferences around eg the course you got in the early round wasnt your 1st preference was it?
The course I got and accepted in the early round was my 1st preference

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Is entrance into honours now open to everyone and subject to doing well in BBiomedSc? That would make sense of the BBiomedSc cut off increasing.
To be honest, I have no idea what the hell is going on. I will have to call Griffith.

Monsterman

HSC
is there going to be a site to see where people are going to for uni like last year..

rajputsingh

HSC
It is lol
Technically they should have offered you the same course again today (correct me if I am wrong) so if the uni didnt offer you that course, you should have received your next best offer.

b0redAsian

HSC
medical science @ UNSW atar cutoff rose like a mother fucker 09/10 94.8 --> 10/11 97.80 :O.. whilst usyd for same course decreased ;) got accepted into UNSW :p

speedofsound

HSC
my course (Media at Syd) had no change, but my second preference (Journalism at UTS) dropped by nearly 5 entire ATAR points! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Towner

Banned
HSC
Technically they should have offered you the same course again today (correct me if I am wrong) so if the uni didnt offer you that course, you should have received your next best offer.
they did haha, thats my only offer

msh

HSC
my course (Media at Syd) had no change, but my second preference (Journalism at UTS) dropped by nearly 5 entire ATAR points! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.
Yeah, I noticed that too.
UTS communication degrees were all time low this year. I've never ever seen it in the lower 90s, (I have been following cut-offs since 2002)

My analysis is that, people played it 'safer' this year.
All the traditionally high earning degrees like Engineering and Commerce have gone up significantly. I guess its a reaction to the recovering economy from the recession.

SamJohnson92

HSC
Yeah, I noticed that too.
UTS communication degrees were all time low this year. I've never ever seen it in the lower 90s, (I have been following cut-offs since 2002)

My analysis is that, people played it 'safer' this year.
All the traditionally high earning degrees like Engineering and Commerce have gone up significantly. I guess its a reaction to the recovering economy from the recession.
When I went to UTS info day, they said that spaces in all comminication degrees were being expanded due to their rising popularity - and therefore the ATAR cut-offs should be lower this year. I just didn't expect them to be THAT lower...

SmokedDuck

HSC
I was surprised about UTS also. I thought I would be next to no chance to get in, and my most likely option was going to be UNSW followed by Macquarie. Even the combined degree with International Studies dropped significantly. Not that I'm complaining though. What really surprised me was that USYD didn't drop one iota, while UNSW and UTS dropped. Strange.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Fuck, Commerce at UNSW rose to 96.70, that was my mark with bonus points. Got in by the skin of my teeth!

mecramarathon

HSC
i dun think the uac thingy is correct

someone with 99.55 got into unsw law
when the supposed cut off was 99.65???

jaychouf4n

HSC
Combined law at USYD and UNSW rose like a bitch. At this rate, usyd and UNSW might be pushing to 99.8, meaning without bonus points only people in the top 200 will be accepted.

Thank god I am already in Unsw law lawl.

To fleeeeced, transfer in man: ) you're in the same position I was in last year, 0.05 off cutoff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)