2012 CSSA Maths 2U (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
The last question was very easy anyway, you didnt need to be a spectacular student to get it, they pretty much walked you through the whole process of the proof
yeh exactly, they walked you through it.

mickk794

HSC
Lol I only ended up getting ~3.5 hrs sleep last night.

Regarding the test, I know that i made many small mistakes eg. using trapezoidal rule instead of Simpson's rule. I also left many bits out -ran out of time.

me=complete noob
:)

micwes12

HSC
maybe it was easy for a 3u student, but speaking as an average 2u student that last question was hard! admittedly they walked you through enough of it that I could work some of it out, but the last two parts were really hard.

mike12345678

HSC
i have to admit it was quite a difficult exam. but i was really quick with the first few questions so i had plenty of time so i spent it working out all the questions but im still pretty sure that i should get 90+.

im pretty sure the tide question did not ask for 2dp i dont think i did anyways :/

what do you think would be classified as a band 6 for this exam?

mike12345678

HSC
the last question used a 3u trig identity but it was simple all you had to do was use simultaneous equations from the two parts before it and just cancel everything.

it was really funny for the cylinder thinggy in the roof. i actually did that question backwards :/. i did iv then iii then ii then the last part i did for the exam was part i.

it took me so long to work out that i had to use Pythagoras i was trying to use the area of the triangle to prove it. i least i got it in the end :)

mike12345678

HSC
for that stupid velocity graph what was the highlighted part from t=0 and t=1?
i wrote that it was the total distance travelled but im pretty sure its wrong.
and the acceleration part for iv i didnt know what to do? any help

the probability part i worked out to use a GS cause there was a unlimited number of games they could play without anyone winning.

gr_111

HSC

the probability part i worked out to use a GS cause there was a unlimited number of games they could play without anyone winning.
yes, the highlighted part represents the displacement of the particle in the first second.

iBibah

HSC

No your right because if the area is all above the x-axis, then the displacement in equal to the total distance travelled.
So either displacement or total distance should get the mark.

Kostie100

HSC
No your right because if the area is all above the x-axis, then the displacement in equal to the total distance travelled.
So either displacement or total distance should get the mark.
I was told it was total distance travelled. Khan academy explains it well. I don't think displacement is right but it may be this time since their wasn't any area under the x axis...

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I didn't do the CSSA but my school trial was really good! Hopefully I can get 95% (fingers crossed)

iBibah

HSC
I was told it was total distance travelled. Khan academy explains it well. I don't think displacement is right but it may be this time since their wasn't any area under the x axis...
Yeh in this case it is both like you said. In any velocity/time graph, the area is the total distance and the integral is the total displacement. In this case, area = integral. Hence distance = displacement (from 1 to 0 seconds)

Frostkruncher

The Boss
HSC
.............................wow. 98.
no, i remember it just asked, not specifying anything, I just labelled it 2dp. but YOU are more correct than me for leaving it in exact form.

iBibah

HSC
no, i remember it just asked, not specifying anything, I just labelled it 2dp. but YOU are more correct than me for leaving it in exact form.
If they don't specify, we are both right as you acknowledged your answer wasn't 100% by saying (2 d.p) and we got it exactly.

mike12345678

HSC
what did everyone put for the part that asked when does it return to the origin? that was really annoying and i think i put at t=2

iBibah

HSC
^ for the velocity graph question
Yeh I also put 2. imo it was a very bad question, there should have been no estimating and the graph should have been a little better constructed.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Its asking for an approximation so I put t=1.8 (approximate)

Overall that question was indeed very poorly written and the graph was poorly drawn as well.

iBibah

HSC
Its asking for an approximation so I put t=1.8 (approximate)

Overall that question was indeed very poorly written and the graph was poorly drawn as well.
yeh that's what is worrying me, because I'm starting to think that by asking for an approximation they were expecting decimal answers. (2.0 ? lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)