• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2013 Federal election (1 Viewer)

2013 Federal Election: 2PP Voting Intention

• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Our budget debt isn't nothing to be alarmed about. Stop reading the Daily Terror and get economically literate.
The debt itself isn't catastrophic, of course. But the precedent is what matters. The idea that perpetual budget deficits are okay, that welfare-programs can be funded in the long-term by debt, this is how catastrophic debts arise.

And people like you claim that the Gillard government's deficits are a result of the GFC...which is precisely what makes debts so dangerous. They might seem sustainable when things are good, but the budget is finally revealed to be so truly fragile once things (inevitably) turn sour.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Young people suck. They are wait to a0 spoilt, and b) ignorant. Just look at the UK to see how amazing centre right parties are. The LNP's policies are soooo bad for students (like cutting uni student benefit grants and payments) and their rejection of Gonski - which according to nearly all prinicipals in the state as vital to the future of state schools. But oh well, have you're crap big business minded government, social conservatism and climate change denialists will be great for the future of Aus. AND the worst thing about young people is they argue about trivial topics such as the personalities, scandals etc which have nothing to do with legislation. Look, without the NBN and Gonski poor people especially but the vast majority of people are going to be ******. Just look at America. This new generation is dangerously conservative and economically selfish (+ignorant).
Literally nothing in this post is even remotely based in reality or objectivity.
Our budget debt isn't nothing to be alarmed about. Stop reading the Daily Terror and get economically literate.
This is hilarious

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd supporters have apparently confirmed to Laurie Oakes that they are now actively counting the numbers and will challenge on Friday if the numbers are there.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank god, I'm sick of hearing about the leadership, honestly(although I think a lot of it is a media beat up, I think Hartchers uncorroborated opinion parading as fact is the worst example)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Friday though? Won't Thursday be the last sitting day and they'll all be on planes by then?

Also, if they don't have the numbers, will they shut the fuck up.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Julia Gillard's support crumbles.
Some of Julia Gillard's staunchest supporters are losing hope that the PM will lead Labor to the September 14 election, conceding for the first time Kevin Rudd is a handful of votes away from a majority of Labor MP's and closing. The momentum is shifting towards Mr Rudd. Rudd is five votes from victory. Leadership spill likely within days.

I am throwing my vote behind Mr Rudd for the Labor leadership spill. It's time that Julia Gillard does the right thing by the Australian people and resign. I want Chris Bowen as Treasurer once we return to the golden years of the Rudd govt.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's hope he manages to take power back.
I don't think it will help much. But I'm so over hearing about it - at the very least every journalist in the country can finally shut up about it.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Rudd is better than Gillard but is still painful. Hes such a wolf dressed in a sheep suit. He'll be going for the sympathy votes if he takes leadership

Okashi

HSC
Julia Gillard's support crumbles.
Some of Julia Gillard's staunchest supporters are losing hope that the PM will lead Labor to the September 14 election, conceding for the first time Kevin Rudd is a handful of votes away from a majority of Labor MP's and closing. The momentum is shifting towards Mr Rudd. Rudd is five votes from victory. Leadership spill likely within days.

I am throwing my vote behind Mr Rudd for the Labor leadership spill. It's time that Julia Gillard does the right thing by the Australian people and resign. I want Chris Bowen as Treasurer once we return to the golden years of the Rudd govt.
What a hypocrite... You were the one saying that Rudd couldn't work with his colleagues and that Gillard was the best prime minister we ever had. But I can't fault you for being closely aligned with the Labor brand - standing for power and power alone.

The Liberal Party stands ready to govern this country with strong stable leadership. Hope. Reward. Opportunity.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
According to Newspoll if Kevin Rudd was Prime Minister the Australian Labor Party would win 56 per cent of the two party preferred vote against the Coalition's 44 per cent. I love putting a damper on Okashi's stubborn support of the great comical farce tantamount to a tragedy that is the Coalition. The Coalition do not practice what they preach. Hope, reward, opportunity? What a joke Tony Abbott has just said to press that if elected he will roll back the pension increases from 2009 and the Carbon Tax compensation as well.

Tony Abbott has utter contempt for the most vulnerable members of our global society. Tony Abbott wants to roll back the no advantage test that stops the flood of asylum seekers coming to Australia and reintroduce the failed Temporary Protection Visas and turning back the boats mantra.

Tony Abbott has no respect for asylum seeker human rights. He wants to turn non seaworthy boats around. To seek safety and security in another country is not illegal. It was Robert Menzies, the former Liberal Prime Minister with the support of the Labor Opposition that signed the UN Refugee Convention. Tony Abbott has no interest in due process of law as manifested by his claims that Julia Gillard has "broken the law with regard to the AWU slush fund affair." The Australian Federal Police cleared Julia Gillard of any wrong doing. Tony Abbott is a hollow fear monger who is fallacious, inhumane and cruel.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The government has pulled the media reform bills.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
KEVIN Rudd has flatly ruled out a challenge to Julia Gillard's leadership, insisting he will consider a move only if a broad cross-factional delegation asks the Prime Minister to resign.

The Australian understands that Mr Rudd is resisting pressure from supporters to mount a challenge and is adamant he will stick to his promise, made after he lost a leadership ballot to Ms Gillard in February last year, not to challenge the Prime Minister.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ve-on-leadership/story-fn59niix-1226602044671

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Breaking news, Simon Crean calls for spill at media conference (in progress). Will run for deputy and says Rudd should go for leader.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't vote for gillard at the next election. I might vote for Rudd.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Fuck labour! GOD!
Does the term itself not already evoke fucking connotations of HARD LABOUR!?!?!

Success in a society comes about through capitalist/conservative approach to the economy.

A couple of days ago I heard the STUPIDEST woman ive ever heard in my life, she was so utterly ignorant and stupid I was speechless. And she was from LABOUR!

To sum up what her speech was about, she basically said "I am not, and I repeat, Mr Acting Deputy president, I am NOT a supporter of wasteful spending by the government with taxpayer money. But Mr acting deputy president, I AM a supporter of using taxpayer money to assist in development of foreign economies (Or something like that, basically she said she is a supporter of giving all our frickin money to foreign countries)

Um, 2k13 stupidest politician ever? I think so

Charity starts at HOME ffs. Enriching our own economy, isnt that the friggin obvious thing to do?? nooo not for bloody labour, they want to be perceived around the world as "good hearted people" by giving oh so much TAXPAYER MONEY to other countries. I bet the EU is probably thinking OMG AUSTRALIA IS SUCH A KIND, CARING AND GENEROUS NATION! DONATING SO MUCH MONEY TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES!" and our country is going to the SHITHOLE with this government. A capitalist government will pull australia out of the scalp-deep shit its in.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Fuck labour! GOD!
Does the term itself not already evoke fucking connotations of HARD LABOUR!?!?!

Success in a society comes about through capitalist/conservative approach to the economy.

A couple of days ago I heard the STUPIDEST woman ive ever heard in my life, she was so utterly ignorant and stupid I was speechless. And she was from LABOUR!

To sum up what her speech was about, she basically said "I am not, and I repeat, Mr Acting Deputy president, I am NOT a supporter of wasteful spending by the government with taxpayer money. But Mr acting deputy president, I AM a supporter of using taxpayer money to assist in development of foreign economies (Or something like that, basically she said she is a supporter of giving all our frickin money to foreign countries)

Um, 2k13 stupidest politician ever? I think so

Charity starts at HOME ffs. Enriching our own economy, isnt that the friggin obvious thing to do?? nooo not for bloody labour, they want to be perceived around the world as "good hearted people" by giving oh so much TAXPAYER MONEY to other countries. I bet the EU is probably thinking OMG AUSTRALIA IS SUCH A KIND, CARING AND GENEROUS NATION! DONATING SO MUCH MONEY TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES!" and our country is going to the SHITHOLE with this government. A capitalist government will pull australia out of the scalp-deep shit its in.
*Labor.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
If Kevin Rudd was PM in 2010 I think he would have lost the 2010 federal election due to the inertia on climate change, mess on the Mining Tax and mess on border protection.
Gillard did the right thing and resolved all the three issues. Rudd would have been defeated in a landslide in 2010. But now Gillard has run out of puff in the 2013 federal election and needs to step aside and help Rudd regain the leadership. Rudd is a much more effective communicator of Labor public policy that Gillard. I look forward to Rudd regaining the leadership and winning the 2013 federal election.

hayabusaboston

HSC
If Kevin Rudd was PM in 2010 I think he would have lost the 2010 federal election due to the inertia on climate change, mess on the Mining Tax and mess on border protection.
Gillard did the right thing and resolved all the three issues. Rudd would have been defeated in a landslide in 2010. But now Gillard has run out of puff in the 2013 federal election and needs to step aside and help Rudd regain the leadership. Rudd is a much more effective communicator of Labor public policy that Gillard. I look forward to Rudd regaining the leadership and winning the 2013 federal election.
Looking forward to the look on your face when coalition wins over rudd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)