2013 TSFX Year 11 Summer School: Preliminary Head Start Lectures (1 Viewer)

moustachio

HSC
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone is actually going to these lectures.

I've heard the notes are good, but 90 bucks is a lot for good notes. I think it's also important to note that it's only the Preliminary year, and although it is vital to lay foundations for the HSC year, I don't know if going to this summer school is really worth it.

deswa1

HSC
My view- its year 11- stuff it. Year 12 you might get something out of it but honestly, what's the advantage in being a few weeks ahead of others in year 11?

HSC
N/A
As deswa1 noted, it's probably not as necessary for Preliminary year. It depends how seriously you're taking this year - if you'd like to take it as a test run for the HSC, then do go. It'll definitely give you a headstart on the others, and might also increase your confidence over the year if your ranks are initially higher and/or if you have a good grasp of the topic beforehand. Also being able to make a good initial impression on your teacher is worth it, as they'll probably end up marking your assessments (does your teacher carry on to Year 12?). TSFX does put together good summary notes, and I found them useful across all my subjects in Y12; having a base set of notes also helps in quick revision. It's also interesting to get perspectives of different teachers and quite often, the TSFX lecturers are experienced HSC markers - so in that case, it would also be worth hearing about how to prepare/study for your subjects, how to approach assessments, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)