• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2014 2u maths predictions? (2 Viewers)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Thanks for typing it up :)
anyways, so if one does 4u can they use the methods they learned in the 3u exam?? like using implicit differentiation in 2u?
You could but you most likely won't need to - the exams are designed to be doable without higher level techniques than those taught in the course.
I also think it might be frowned upon.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
MIF is pure bullshit book.... I wasted my time on it . Its too general for the exam, MIF is only good for first studying the topic but a pure shit material for practicing. I regret using it :(

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
MIF is pure bullshit book.... I wasted my time on that book. Its too general for the exam, MIF is only good for first studying the topic but a pure shit book practicing. I regret using that book :(
THIS....................

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I am going to recommend MIF to everyone.
If you use MIF, you will conquer the HSC, faisalabdul16 can confirm
YES! MIF will get you that state rank. Okay so you know how a lot of people get 100% in the 3u hsc exam. How do they work out who state ranked? Who used MIF. Whoever used it the most, gets 1st and so on.

The questions are insanely hard wtf you on about

you're teacher must have breezed through advanced maths at uni.

Possibly some implicit differentiation.
This guys knows what he's talking about.
You memorise MIF
Yes, if you memorise anything, memorise MIF.
Agreed, perhaps the best textbook to memorise for because it's simply the ultimate path for mathematics.
All you guys are heaps good at math and stuff, that's really great, but please stop snaking. :(
Other people who are new to all this debate on textbooks may take your opinions seriously and this may impact them significantly.
Firstly our nation is dying in terms of education. There's like barely anyone (hyperbole) doing the mathematics course and stuff. So many people do general. Why? Because their maths foundation is pretty crappy. Why? Coz of Maths in Focus and, well, their teachers. So please, refrain from promoting MIF coz I doubt that you guys actually use it anyway.

Lolz so yeah don't take this offensively, just had to say it sooner or later :( Sorry.

HSC
gg

If you do this then prepare yourself to get band 2 :(
(Don't say I didn't warn you beforehand)
no i will get e4 using MIF

MIF is pure bullshit book.... I wasted my time on it . Its too general for the exam, MIF is only good for first studying the topic but a pure shit material for practicing. I regret using it :(
stop lying

My school uses signpost for 7-10 and theres only 1 5.3 class every year. A lot of ppl just don't like maths/don't need 2 unit maths or above for their jobs.
Maths is life.

oooooo you sound pissed :p

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Please predict!! Is it gonna be as hard as last years? If so then I'm gonna get band 2 :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)