2014 business hsc predictions? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Whats ur hypothetical case study?
How do i make one up ?
Any tips?

Thank u !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont do hypothetical just make stuff up

Say like qantas got foreign ownership --> lost domestic jobs, also because qantas had financial problems, redundancies, etc
Billabong shares dropped a while ago because their marketing stuff was ineffective, also operations was not good, lol you can pretty much bs some things

Legit better to write something about real businesses even if it's wrong than to make it up.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Whats ur hypothetical case study?
How do i make one up ?
Any tips?

Thank u !!

Depends on what I feel like writing about

I used MJS financial services

Dominos
Arnotts

Anything really I also have use Betty's Hats

Pretty much make them up, put disadvantages in...

trungduong12

HSC
Depends on what I feel like writing about

I used MJS financial services

Dominos
Arnotts

Anything really I also have use Betty's Hats

Pretty much make them up, put disadvantages in...
Do u need to give description of what kind of company u made up?

I was thinking of making a local shop :/
And compare it to Qantas in the case study section
Like how they utilise the operational strategies differently due to the difference in their structure?

What do u think?

trungduong12

HSC
dont do hypothetical just make stuff up

Say like qantas got foreign ownership --> lost domestic jobs, also because qantas had financial problems, redundancies, etc
Billabong shares dropped a while ago because their marketing stuff was ineffective, also operations was not good, lol you can pretty much bs some things

Legit better to write something about real businesses even if it's wrong than to make it up.
Im quite comfortable in making stuff up for marketing and operations

But really struggling with HR and finance

Like wth how do u make up finance stats !!!!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Im quite comfortable in making stuff up for marketing and operations

But really struggling with HR and finance

Like wth how do u make up finance stats !!!!

Same, but dw you don't need like full on stats or anything. Just say stuff about liquidity and how tha ratio is high or low or whatever. No need to be specific

trungduong12

HSC
Same, but dw you don't need like full on stats or anything. Just say stuff about liquidity and how tha ratio is high or low or whatever. No need to be specific
Could ya pls give me a brief explanation and maybe egs for these stuff:
-liquidity
-gearing
-solvency
-cash flow ??
-working capital??

:(

Textbook so confusing !!!!!!

PLEASE
!!
THANK YOU !!!

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Could ya pls give me a brief explanation and maybe egs for these stuff:
-liquidity
-gearing
-solvency
-cash flow ??
-working capital??

:(

Textbook so confusing !!!!!!

PLEASE
!!
THANK YOU !!!

Liquidity
The ability of a business to pay its short term financial commitments, such as the payment of overdrafts and commercial bills. Indicates the level of financial stability in the business in the short term. Effects aspects such as shareholders willingness to invest in the business. Measured by the current ratio, which involves the businesses current assets and current liabilities, obtained through the balance sheet. The recommended current ratio is 2:1, anything below that may have negative implications on the businesses financial stability yet is largely dependent on the nature of the businesses market, business size and previous financial records.

Current ratio too low (i.e. 0.5:1) not able to pay debts, bankruptcy
Current ratio too high (i.e. 5:1) inefficiency

Gearing
A measure of the level of debt in a business. Measured through the debt to equity ratio, if a business has a high amount of debt and low amount of equity it is highly geared. A highly geared business has a high level of financial risk and a low level of financial stability. Whilst a moderate level of gearing is desirable it is typically recommended for a business to keep a low level of gearing. Determines the businesses level of Solvency, a high level of gearing makes the business have a low level of solvency

Solvency
The ability of a business to pay its long term financial commitments. Such as mortgages, financial leases, debentures and unsecured notes. Measured through the businesses level of gearing. A business with low solvency discourages potential investors and increases financial risk

Cash flow
The movement of cash inflows and cash outflows from transactions over a period of time. Measured through the cash flow statement

Working Capital
The funds allocated to the businesses short term financial commitments. Managed through working capital management

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
welp, another 2 and a half hours of cram ahead. I should have Influences, Strategies and Indicators for HR down tonight. Need to really hope that there is nothing on financial institutions or HR processes though, they are the only things in the course i hardly know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)