2014 HSC English Predictions? (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
A bit hard to do with Mod B imo, esp since i'm doing Yeats and they can specify texts, themes and techniques
Tbh, I think having poems/speeches is a lot easier. A lot harder to predict and focus an entire essay on specific scenes in texts. It makes it a lot structured.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
A bit hard to do with Mod B imo, esp since i'm doing Yeats and they can specify texts, themes and techniques
I refined from essays from the start to end of year 12. I was able to recognise the importance of writing my essays utilising the rubric to construct a thesis and supporting topic sentences that embodied the module's core ideas. This set me up really well as I could write essays that could answer any question, because the board can only ask a question if its in the range of the rubric. So in this sense, I could never get caught out.

bitchslapper69

HSC
No, specifically on the 'possibilities' of belonging. Ie. "In engaging with a text, the responder may experience and understand possibilites presented by an exclusion from the world the text represents."

Some more of those sort of questions would be grand.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
No, specifically on the 'possibilities' of belonging. Ie. "In engaging with a text, the responder may experience and understand possibilites presented by an exclusion from the world the text represents."

Some more of those sort of questions would be grand.
^what is with the dp and username..

Sinyeta

HSC
N/A
I am scared now because im writing really slow. How many pages can you write in 40 minutes?

typingtimtam

HSC
If we had to write a feature article do we have to divide it into two columns on the page? That'd be pretty hard to do

Sasha123

HSC
If we had to write a feature article do we have to divide it into two columns on the page? That'd be pretty hard to do
I don't think they would expect us to do THAT. I mean that is just unreasonable.

but then again... BOSTES just likes to swim in the tears of students so you know... you can never really know.

I used to go tutoring at the beginning of the year (only went for 1 term) and my tutor was a teacher who was part of the board of studies. So anyway they were trying to find texts for the 'unseen texts' section of AOS and he brought out like pictures (that they were planning to use) and these were all very disturbing all surrealistic type weirdo shit. And you could NOT even identify belonging in these crap. He said he had spent the whole day with his supervisors and collegues in BOSTES trying to analyse these texts. And I got so pissed off when he said that because we would get around 2-3MINUTES to analyse and write a response and they (the English teachers with years of English teaching experience) would take 3+HOURS. And they are trying to bring in harder unseen texts because BOSTES got feedback from PhD English lecturers and senior teachers that BOSTES texts were "too easy".... Are you frikkin kidding? Ofc it would be easy for them they have PhD's in English and we are just stressed out students.

So that, fellow hsc candidate, is how unreasonable and frustrating BOSTES can be.

(okay most of my post maybe irrelevant.... sorry)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I don't think they would expect us to do THAT. I mean that is just unreasonable.

but then again... BOSTES just likes to swim in the tears of students so you know... you can never really know.

I used to go tutoring at the beginning of the year (only went for 1 term) and my tutor was a teacher who was part of the board of studies. So anyway they were trying to find texts for the 'unseen texts' section of AOS and he brought out like pictures (that they were planning to use) and these were all very disturbing all surrealistic type weirdo shit. And you could NOT even identify belonging in these crap. He said he had spent the whole day with his supervisors and collegues in BOSTES trying to analyse these texts. And I got so pissed off when he said that because we would get around 2-3MINUTES to analyse and write a response and they (the English teachers with years of English teaching experience) would take 3+HOURS. And they are trying to bring in harder unseen texts because BOSTES got feedback from PhD English lecturers and senior teachers that BOSTES texts were "too easy".... Are you frikkin kidding? Ofc it would be easy for them they have PhD's in English and we are just stressed out students.

So that, fellow hsc candidate, is how unreasonable and frustrating BOSTES can be.

words cannot describe how screwed I am if this happens :/

SuchSmallHands

HSC

Personally I kind of hope this is right haha. I'm terrible at preparing for English assessments and exams, I'm so hopelessly lazy and think the whole subject is a joke. The only reason I've been able to keep up my ranking is because I can do the short answer section (because let's face it, my prescribed texts are 'unseen' to me until a couple of days before the exam, so I get a lot of practice deconstructing texts I'm unfamiliar with quickly haha). And art works, especially abstract ones, are my favourite texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)