2014 HSC Extension 2 Maths Carrotsticks' Solutions (1 Viewer)

robtob

HSC
For the angle between two lines, you need to assume its in first quadrant (or third quadrant), otherwise you won't get rid of the absolute values. Second and fourth quadrants definitely require a - in front because sinthetacostheta is negative, whilst tan phi is always positive (since phi is acute). So the question was poorly written.

mreditor16

HSC
Mreditor! Bold part, think about tutorial booklets. Hahahahahaha all them weird yet cool questions.
i started to give little craps about them ages ago, when every 2nd question had a mistake or was fked up :lol:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hi all,

I'm about to head off home soon. Could you all please list all the errors I've perhaps made, or list anything which you think I should further clarify?

Thanks everybody!
Hey Carrot, what package do you use to draw diagrams?
I draw all my diagrams in Microsoft Word =)

IR

HSC
That can't work without the chain rule because theta depends on v.

If that's all you did, perhaps if you're lucky.

What question was this? I don't remember. Not at home.

Not enough information to tell because it depends on the curvature. For example, if it looked like y=1/cuberoot(x), then it would diverge slowly but if it looked like y=1/x^3, then that diverges quickly.
Yeh i am stupid. Cos I didn't see the limits before and hence crossed out the right answer like yours and wrote the wrong solution.[emoji20]

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Is getting the solutions out ASAP for the HSC Maths papers a thing now? Seems like a quite a few people and institutions are now doing it lol

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is getting the solutions out ASAP for the HSC Maths papers a thing now? Seems like a quite a few people and institutions are now doing it lol
Like whereabouts?

Whilst I don't mind if other people/institutions released their solutions early (or even earlier than mine), it would be nice to see them having more explanations though. You're not writing solutions for the sake of getting them out, you're also doing it for future HSC students to read and understand your steps.

Also, reading through T. Lee's solution, not a big fan of how he said "my shortcut method", since the Heaviside Method has been known for more than 100 years now.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Like whereabouts?

Whilst I don't mind if other people/institutions released their solutions early (or even earlier than mine), it would be nice to see them having more explanations though. You're not writing solutions for the sake of getting them out, you're also doing it for future HSC students to read and understand your steps.

Also, reading through T. Lee's solution, not a big fan of how he said "my shortcut method", since the Heaviside Method has been known for more than 100 years now.
Project Academy I believe has released solutions.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Like whereabouts?

Here's Project Academy.

http://www.projectacademy.com.au/2014_HSC_Mathematics_Ext2_Solutions.pdf

IR

HSC
fkn hell. I got my inequality wrong :((((((((( 89 AT MAX :*(

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh dear, I'm going through a run of my solutions for typos and found that I forgot the (-1)^n term in my Q16. Amending now.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
The headers/footers are really obnoxious :/
To be fair, maybe it's their company brand? (I have no idea).

I also put "Solutions by Carrotsticks", which I feel is equally obnoxious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)