2014 UTS BSoc - O-Camp - Membership - Facebook! (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Hello everyone!

Firstly, a big congratulations to everyone for completing their HSC and making it through their university offers! Life’s about to start for real now, and it’s about to get exciting :)

I’m here as a representative of the UTS Business Society, and we’d like to extend a very warm welcome to all of you prospective Bachelor of Business students!

Business O-Camp!

As any uni student will tell you, one of the best ways to meet new people, make lasting friendships, and start a fantastic social life is to attend the Orientation Camp. It’s an awesome chance to network with new students such as yourselves, current students, members of the UTS Business Faculty, and even some alumni and sponsors. It extends over 3 days and 2 nights and this year is hosted at the Milson Island Sport & Recreation Centre over Friday 14th of Feb ‘til Sunday the 16th. As per usual, there is a themed party on one of the nights and this year’s theme is SHIPWRECKED! It’ll be a weekend of fun, games, and new experiences and we would love it if we could meet all of you there!

Ya'll best be quick about this because tickets sell out ridiculously fast to O-camp and you don't want to be that shady loner in the corner of your first tute while everyone else has friends :haha:

Check it all out here: http://utsbsoc.com/ocamp/

---------------------------------

Business Society Membership!

While you’re at it, why not sign up for the UTS Business Society and become a member!

Being a member of the UTS Bsoc grants you a myriad of benefits such as cheaper event tickets, access to end of semester parties, access to career seminars, presentations, and programs with our sponsors and networks (Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, CBA, CPA, E&Y, ICAA to name a few), intervarsity programs, competitions, and exclusive functions. On top of that, employers love to see people getting involved with their universities’ social clubs, so take this opportunity as a start to building that amazing CV!

You can sign up for a lifetime’s membership right here: http://utsbsoc.com/join/

Buying a ticket to the O-camp gives you free membership into the UTS BSoc!

-------------------------------

Social Media (Facebook & Twitter)!

And finally. One of the things that helped me a lot during my first year were Facebook pages in which the entire student body would collaborate and help each other out with homework, studying, and even general advice for majors or career direction. There is a real sense of community that is established at UTS, and this is just one of the many ways that this is done.

You may find the Firsties 2014 page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/695630550477324/

and you may find the BSoc O-camp event page here (please click join and invite all your friends): https://www.facebook.com/events/574999899244466/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

UTS Bsoc also has a Twitter page up and running! You can follow it for important updates about events and functions, as well as for sharing and retweeting us!

The Twitter page is here: https://twitter.com/UTSBSoc

PLEASE share this with your buddies who are joining us at UTS Business.

Thanks all! I hope you have a great start to uni and that we’ll be seeing you shortly at O-Camp and around campus and at our other functions! :)

P.S: To anyone looking to go to the O-camp, please send me a PM. You don't need to but I'll add you on Facebook and invite you to the official UTS Bsoc O-camp event page where you'll be easily able to invite your friends and do us all a massive favour. Thank you! :)

Don't be this guy:

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Haha, already did it before reading this.

Highly recomended to all business students, I went in 2012 and it was fun! Good that it's on before uni starts now.
Thanks for your help mate! And thanks for fixing the flier that quickly :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, I want to do photography for them xD.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Hmm, I want to do photography for them xD.
Last I heard they were looking for a photographer from within the Bsoc to do the event. I'll have a talk with them and see if they're still looking.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Can anyone going/looking to go send me a pm? :)

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Why are you guys starting on Valentines day o.o? even though I ain't from UTS just wonderin

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Why are you guys starting on Valentines day o.o? even though I ain't from UTS just wonderin
Not entirely sure because I'm not involved in the socials committee who planned this event, but I assume it will have something to do with venue availability.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
When do we have to register by?
Feb 12th I believe.

Have you checked out the Facebook event or the Bsoc website? More information there if you need it :)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Which camp would be better IT camp or business?
I haven't been to the IT camp so I can't really comment but for reasons of bias BUSINESS O-CAMP :haha:

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If the IT camp is still the EngSoc-BIG joint event then they are totally different events.

EngSoc-BIG camp had a lot of FEIT staff in addition to the societies and was better organised but as a result was more school camp like - lots of team activities and stuff, talks from high profile sponsors during the day. Only supposed to drink one night where they sold drinks and tried to prevent underage drinking as much as possible.

Business camp (back then, I assume much the same) was entirely society ran and was good, but more of a piss up. There were activities planned but the weather wasn't too good so it ended up being lots of stuff at night and then just chill and informal stuff during the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)