2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hows everyone going with assessments? Any mental break downs?

dim-sims

HSC
At the moment I have an English task to do but that's about it for the time being.

But man my skin has been breaking out since half yearlys. My acne hasn't been this bad since like year 7 :'(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I accidentally broke of part of my major work today ( well it was semi wet clay)
I was rushing as I've got a progress mark next week :(

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I accidentally broke of part of my major work today ( well it was semi wet clay)
I was rushing as I've got a progress mark next week :(
I feel for you bro

No major life is the sweet lyf

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I was in english the other day right

In my school there are two advanced english classes. one is taught by a brilliant teacher, they basically have the top half of the ranks. I'm in the other class. Anyways, the teacher of the good advanced class came to speak to us (she is soon to be head teacher), and told us that while we are doing poorly, we have plenty of room to lift ourselves to the marks we want to achieve right.

Right then and there, our vice-captain loses her shit, starts balling her eyes out, runs out of the classroom. This is not the first time she has done this, this HSC year. I'm assuming its the HSC stress that does this to her, rather than any personal issues (if she does have them, she has my sympathies).

Do you think she needs to toughen up? I think so. Thoughts?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

In my school there are two advanced english classes. one is taught by a brilliant teacher, they basically have the top half of the ranks. I'm in the other class. Anyways, the teacher of the good advanced class came to speak to us (she is soon to be head teacher), and told us that while we are doing poorly, we have plenty of room to lift ourselves to the marks we want to achieve right.

Right then and there, our vice-captain loses her shit, starts balling her eyes out, runs out of the classroom. This is not the first time she has done this, this HSC year. I'm assuming its the HSC stress that does this to her, rather than any personal issues (if she does have them, she has my sympathies).

Well I've seen people crying over getting 90% so nothing really surprises me despite them getting rank 1.

Sometimes its hardier to face reality of how shit your marks may actually be after convincing yourself that its an 'okay' mark. This might have just reminded her about how shit? her marks so I'd say it was understandable.

duckie06

HSC

Theres always one or two people who break under the stress.Someone in my bio class realised how bad his marks were so he decided to start tafe and not get an ATAR. I guess its the overwhelming amount of work + other things that need to be done.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC

tough love approach works best in these situations imo
like yeah its a slap in the face when your marks aren't great but you're not going to benefit from crying about it so move on and improve

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC

This is why we don't get along. She thinks she is top dawg, but in reality she ain't nothing but a g-thang.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I made her cry because she didn't have it her way at the end of last years assembly! HAHAHA im so mean :(
Unlucky m8

Do you think being VC has been worth all the effort and hastle?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Unlucky m8

Do you think being VC has been worth all the effort and hastle?
Honestly, it has been! I've developed more interpersonal skills, better communication skills and more leadership attributes and in general I've become a lot more supportive to those around me. It is a great experience and a good leadership role which obviously looks good on a resume as well ;)

Machiavelli1

HSC

wow....

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, it has been! I've developed more interpersonal skills, better communication skills and more leadership attributes and in general I've become a lot more supportive to those around me. It is a great experience and a good leadership role which obviously looks good on a resume as well ;)
Yeah good point, doing the cadetship application made me realise how thin my ec's are. I wish I had applied for prefect.

Oh wells, can't get the .95 with leadership roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)