• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
no i didn't and i don't care either.
All you guys like to bully me by telling me I'm 12 and always picking on me whenever I comment.
Future

I don't think people mean to bully you.

It's that some people think your opinions are ignorant. Sometimes I think that too.

Sometimes you need to look at things from other perspectives

(I hope you don't get offended ^^ )

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
#1 tip: don't take things we say seriously because they never have any malicious intent behind them as we're just joking around

and tbh, rumble was right - even though you do accelerated subs doesn't mean you know what year 11's like
ok you, rumble and nerd win and everyone else. I'm so sorry that was totally out of the blue, some of my grades for some subs are not going too well so that's why...

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Future

I don't think people mean to bully you.

It's that some people think your opinions are ignorant. Sometimes I think that too.

Sometimes you need to look at things from other perspectives

(I hope you don't get offended ^^ )
idk, my lack of knowledge or experience probs leads me to some of these opinions. idk maybe i need to be older..
I don't mean hurt anyone or make anyone sad so yeah.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
idk, my lack of knowledge or experience probs leads me to some of these opinions. idk maybe i need to be older..
I don't mean hurt anyone or make anyone sad so yeah.
Chin up :)

We all make mistakes or have bad judgements

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
some subs like PE, religion and commerce like barely passing them like 52%.
Do you have little interest in them?

You don't have to do those in the HSC or prelims , heh.

Commerce is a fairly straight forward subject .

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
nah, dw about them

I'm assuming you're not doing those subs next year so you'll forget them soon enough

and pe was good fun back then, and I still remember the highlight of that time which was doing well in the beep test
What level did you get up to in it?

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Do you have little interest in them?

You don't have to do those in the HSC or prelims , heh.

Commerce is a fairly straight forward subject .
Lol, economics or business doesn't make any sense to me. I'm always confused and even when the teacher explains it to me again I still don't get it..
for my commerce essay I got 11/20 and i am currently 105/125.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
nah, dw about them

I'm assuming you're not doing those subs next year so you'll forget them soon enough

and pe was good fun back then, and I still remember the highlight of that time which was doing well in the beep test
yeah but your marks still affect what class you get in. anyways, i just need to chill.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I got 10.6

business from what I've heard is basically memorising info, whereas economics you need to make links for certain concepts and how they come together as a whole (dat textual integrity reference)

yeah, just relax

You're only in year 10 - have some fun
Not bad

9 for me :L

Agreed :). Nothing wrong with taking your foot off the acceleration pedal once in a while

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I got 10.6

business from what I've heard is basically memorising info, whereas economics you need to make links for certain concepts and how they come together as a whole (dat textual integrity reference)

yeah, just relax

Thanks for the tips :)
after year 10 is work work work.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
some subs like PE, religion and commerce like barely passing them like 52%.
Isn't Year 10 PDHPE like 50% prac and 50% theory?

Prac component really depends on your enthusiasm, effort and I guess skills to an extent. Just have fun and you'll usually do well for this part.

Theory component... just listen in class and you'll kill your half-yearlies/yearlies (theory exams).

I did Year 11/12 subjects like Adv English, Prelim EE1, MX1/MX2, Business Studies, Economics and Physics... and yeah, I missed the idea of having PDHPE lessons (even theory was alright...).

Lol, economics or business doesn't make any sense to me. I'm always confused and even when the teacher explains it to me again I still don't get it..
for my commerce essay I got 11/20 and i am currently 105/125.
125? What a gigantic/competitive Commerce cohort...

I remember winging Year 9 and 10 Commerce the whole year (with the occasional looking at what I wrote down in my Commerce exercise book when copying teacher's stuff on the board)...

Got something like 100% for my Year 10 Commerce half yearly exam (just made up pure BS for the essay section) and like above 90% for my Year 10 Commerce yearly exam. Maybe my exams were easy but surely a capable student like you could do much better? (Note, I was pretty much in the middle of my cohort back then)

I got 10.6

yeah, just relax

Treated Business and Economics nearly the same :haha:

Thanks for the tips :)
after year 10 is work work work.
Year 11 and Year 12 definitely involve more study but like I think the ''study hard, party hard'' saying applies.

I found that in Year 11 and Year 12, I went out with friends more (compared to Years 9 and 10)... I think socially, Years 11 and 12 is actually great and you have more freedom.

Don't get me wrong, I probably didn't go out with mates a day before an exam but post-exams celebrations were great.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Isn't Year 10 PDHPE like 50% prac and 50% theory?

Prac component really depends on your enthusiasm, effort and I guess skills to an extent. Just have fun and you'll usually do well for this part.

Theory component... just listen in class and you'll kill your half-yearlies/yearlies (theory exams).

I did Year 11/12 subjects like Adv English, Prelim EE1, MX1/MX2, Business Studies, Economics and Physics... and yeah, I missed the idea of having PDHPE lessons (even theory was alright...).

125? What a gigantic/competitive Commerce cohort...

I remember winging Year 9 and 10 Commerce the whole year (with the occasional looking at what I wrote down in my Commerce exercise book when copying teacher's stuff on the board)...

Got something like 100% for my Year 10 Commerce half yearly exam (just made up pure BS for the essay section) and like above 90% for my Year 10 Commerce yearly exam. Maybe my exams were easy but surely a capable student like you could do much better? (Note, I was pretty much in the middle of my cohort back then)

Treated Business and Economics nearly the same :haha:

Year 11 and Year 12 definitely involve more study but like I think the ''study hard, party hard'' saying applies.

I found that in Year 11 and Year 12, I went out with friends more (compared to Years 9 and 10)... I think socially, Years 11 and 12 is actually great and you have more freedom.

Don't get me wrong, I probably didn't go out with mates a day before an exam but post-exams celebrations were great.
In our school they mark the prac really harshly and they give the top marks to the people who have competed internationally.
Basically only like 20 people in our grade don't do commerce and the highest mark achieved was 18. The social science department in our school hate giving full marks.
I've just a question, why did you do physics instead of chem? I'm just curious cos most people do either chem alone or do chem and physics.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I've just a question, why did you do physics instead of chem? I'm just curious cos most people do either chem alone or do chem and physics.
I just did physics in year 11 and it was mainly because I was so bad at chemistry in year 10 it pretty much confirmed I shouldn't do it haha

Also it wasn't relevant for university, so I was like laters~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)