2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suika

HSC
How's school going everyone? Any major breakdowns yet?
Not quite but nearly. I'm doing my half yearlies right now - I've kind of screwed up my maths test (maths, why are you so unpredictable). I was really stressed out last night because I haven't covered one of the important topics for my legal studies test and felt unmotivated but after eating a slice of bread, beef noodles, two oreos, half a bag of lollies and four bottles of water, somehow, I magically got the motivation to finish studying.

Then the test comes and I screw up multiple choice and some of the short answer questions. My essay was pretty decent though.

I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it but it'll take a bit while. I've just spend my whole day after the test playing video games instead of bothering to work on my English speech (nice method of coping).

I suppose I should now focus on my last exam and the speech, then I will be free from exams and assessments for the term :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Not quite but nearly. I'm doing my half yearlies right now - I've kind of screwed up my maths test (maths, why are you so unpredictable). I was really stressed out last night because I haven't covered one of the important topics for my legal studies test and felt unmotivated but after eating a slice of bread, beef noodles, two oreos, half a bag of lollies and four bottles of water, somehow, I magically got the motivation to finish studying.

Then the test comes and I screw up multiple choice and some of the short answer questions. My essay was pretty decent though.

I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it but it'll take a bit while. I've just spend my whole day after the test playing video games instead of bothering to work on my English speech (nice method of coping).

I suppose I should now focus on my last exam and the speech, then I will be free from exams and assessments for the term :D
Good on you! A positive attitude is always the right mindset to go about things :). Good luck with it.

Ah if you need to release some stress , try running , playing a musical instrument or even punching something. Meditating helps immensely.

*Ultimately, if you did screw up one exam, don't think about it too much as it has past... You can't do anything about it. I

suika

HSC
Good on you! A positive attitude is always the right mindset to go about things :). Good luck with it.

Ah if you need to release some stress , try running , playing a musical instrument or even punching something. Meditating helps immensely.

*Ultimately, if you did screw up one exam, don't think about it too much as it has past... You can't do anything about it. I
Thank you :) I'll consider those methods of trying to relieve my stress. Usually I find listening to music just helps me immerse in happiness.

I'm going to focus on getting the best marks I possibly can and work on my internal ranking. Dwelling on the past won't do me any good.

cylindrical

HSC
Is anybody else struggling to wrap their head around the fact that we're doing our HSC this year? I can't seem to get myself mentally prepared and motivated enough.

Ally2014

HSC
Is anybody else struggling to wrap their head around the fact that we're doing our HSC this year? I can't seem to get myself mentally prepared and motivated enough.
Mate this is my life right now! I thought the hsc would feel full on and incredibly important but it sort of just feels like... School?! Haha

I think it's bc I never really worried or stressed about any other years bc the marks meant nothing but even though now they do I just can't get my head in the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dim-sims

HSC
Why do you hate this module? Is there a way for you to transform your attitude towards this module? Try to engage with this module and stop adopting this negative/pessimistic mentality-remember that 2 units of English will always be compulsory towards the calculation of your ATAR-so it is absolutely essential you really do perform consistently across all modules:) Have you considered asking on the relevant forums for help from other BOSers?
I just spent about half an hour writing and re-writing a response to this but something screwed up.

But nevertheless, in short, I dislike this module because I'm not into the verbosity of Jane's Austen's novels and Fay Weldon is just plain annoying (absolutely terrible reasons to hate a module I know). I can assure you that the fact the my teacher said that I was only ever going to a a "band 5 [English] student" does make me want to prove him wrong/is a motivator but then I develop an 'idgaf' attitude and well that just takes over.

Thanks for the advice though.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I just spent about half an hour writing and re-writing a response to this but something screwed up.

But nevertheless, in short, I dislike this module because I'm not into the verbosity of Jane's Austen's novels and Fay Weldon is just plain annoying (absolutely terrible reasons to hate a module I know). I can assure you that the fact the my teacher said that I was only ever going to a a "band 5 [English] student" does make me want to prove him wrong/is a motivator but then I develop an 'idgaf' attitude and well that just takes over.

Thanks for the advice though.
Just remember that attitude is everything, you are empowered to shift your attitude around to ensure that you achieve brilliant results:)Best wishes for you to ace English and achieve your maximum potential-remember to ask any questions you may have on BOS forums to seek help:)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sleep deprived :O

@ Dim Sims I'm not really a fan of Module A, however I enjoyed the texts we studied for belonging...

britaker

HSC
Oh man my exams start tomorrow. I really should be more worried shouldn't I.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
For which subjects? As long as you have studied then you have nothing to worry about :p

britaker

HSC
EE1 and Chem theory. EE1 I'm fine for, chem I've revised for though I'm not sure how well I'll remember everything tomorrow XD My rote learning skills aren't exactly the greatest.

celtics

HSC
Mate this is my life right now! I thought the hsc would feel full on and incredibly important but it sort of just feels like... School?! Haha

I think it's bc I never really worried or stressed about any other years bc the marks meant nothing but even though now they do I just can't get my head in the game!
x100

Been completely cruising through this year just like last year, only just really figured out how much everyone else stepped up when i started get left behind.

mmstrain

HSC
Hey guys just really struggling with motivation during this really long term and with mid yearlys 4 weeks away, any tips?

Ally2014

HSC
x100

Been completely cruising through this year just like last year, only just really figured out how much everyone else stepped up when i started get left behind.
Ughhhh this! ^ I don't get how everyone else is getting super dedicated all of a sudden! I just want to be like that!

Ally2014

HSC
Hey guys just really struggling with motivation during this really long term and with mid yearlys 4 weeks away, any tips?
I know what you mean. I try to think that whenever I'm being lazy or procrastinating, someone else is studying.

Or imagining how regretful and guilty I feel at the end of the year.

Still doesn't seem to work though.

Elise8842

HSC
N/A
Feeling so bad...I'm satisfied as long as I get in top three of four unit or get 18 for my essay, but this friend who came first feels bad because she didn't get ten marks more than every one else on average, and she only aims for 20 for her essays...

~

deloving

HSC
Feeling so bad...I'm satisfied as long as I get in top three of four unit or get 18 for my essay, but this friend who came first feels bad because she didn't get ten marks more than every one else on average, and she only aims for 20 for her essays...

~
So why are you feeling bad again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)