2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
specific audience can just be twisted to mean the audience is interested in Hamlet due to blah blah blah, so it's not that bad haha

as for speeches, use less form language so every second sentence isn't a long-ass phrase, have words like "you, my, our" to engage the audience use and rhetoric questions, repetition to emphasise points, change of tone and voice, have pauses every now and then (v effective tbh). they don't have to be spectacular lol, just convey the content well, be confident in your speaking, address the marking criteria obvs, and you're already there
We have to convince an audience filled with students, teachers, BOSTES members and politicians that Hamlet is a text worth studying etc... That is what I mean by specific audience.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
We have to convince an audience filled with students, teachers, BOSTES members and politicians that Hamlet is a text worth studying etc... That is what I mean by specific audience.
Why are politicians there? LOL

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I think it's that point in time where I leave BoS and come back after my exam period :3 (I might come on for help though)

Good for the trials everyone!

I hope that all your hard work and dedication gets you the marks you want :D

+ Remember to stay safe and healthy as well, but at the same time give it your all :)

~ Crisium signing off

Ekman

HSC
I think it's that point in time where I leave BoS and come back after my exam period :3 (I might come on for help though)

Good for the trials everyone!

I hope that all your hard work and dedication gets you the marks you want :D

+ Remember to stay safe and healthy as well, but at the same time give it your all :)

~ Crisium signing off
Good for trials to you too man! :)

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
What are writing up notes for the whole syllabus actually meant for? I've done it for most but can't see a benefit if I don't remember what I wrote from a month ago and so on.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
What are writing up notes for the whole syllabus actually meant for? I've done it for most but can't see a benefit if I don't remember what I wrote from a month ago and so on.
Writing up notes allow you to gain a deep understanding of various topics under the syllabus by summarising them into your own words, using various resources. This understanding allows you to memorise it naturally and if you continue to read over your notes every day or every second day, a lot of the content gets committed to your long term memory. The syllabus is just there to use as a guide on what your notes should be about, in order to keep them concise and relevant. If you can understand every syllabus dot point, you will be set for any exam in that subject.
Note that writing notes isn't an effective technique for studying for everyone, it is just a highly used method for its simplicity. Depending on the type of learner you are varies how you study. Visual learner, make flashcards, create a diagram or poster. Aural learner, record yourself saying your notes and listen to them during the day. Just make sure that whatever method you choose, they all involve utlilising the syllabus

Last edited:

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Don't remind me please! I also have a mod b task that requires me to write a speech about universal relevance of Hamlet to a specific audience that is due on week 3.
What I'm picking up from your assessment task is probably something to do specific readings of Hamlet (e.g Feminist, Political, etc) and probably centre it around relevant schools of thought today?

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Writing up notes allow you to gain a deep understanding of various topics under the syllabus by summarising them into your own words, using various resources. This understanding allows you to memorise it naturally and if you continue to read over your notes every day or every second day, a lot of the content gets committed to your long term memory. The syllabus is just there to use as a guide on what your notes should be about, in order to keep them concise and relevant. If you can understand every syllabus dot point, you will be set for any exam in that subject.
Note that writing notes isn't an effective technique for studying for everyone, it is just a highly used method for its simplicity. Depending on the type of learner you are varies how you study. Visual learner, make flashcards, create a diagram or poster. Aural learner, record yourself saying your notes and listen to them during the day. Just make sure that whatever method you choose, they all involve utlilising the syllabus
Omg you're in Year 11 and it seems like you know more about utilising the syllabus and studying than me haha

Ekman

HSC
What I'm picking up from your assessment task is probably something to do specific readings of Hamlet (e.g Feminist, Political, etc) and probably centre it around relevant schools of thought today?
That's exactly what I was thinking, but content isnt my main issue. My main issue is writing it in an engaging speech format about these different perspectives, and considering how my school is very strict on the marking criteria, I am practically screwed.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I guess the stress for the 2015'ers has just started, I would like to say good luck to everyone doing their trials soon, I can just see the pressure toward the trials-->HSC is creating or has created towards you. As always if you need morale support, or a boost of self-esteem (I wish Crobat was here) we have the best of people to talk here, everyone is supportive and always up to help.

So a massive good luck from me to the 2015'ers :D!

Take care if you aren't going to be around much anymore!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I guess the stress for the 2015'ers has just started, I would like to say good luck to everyone doing their trials soon, I can just see the pressure toward the trials-->HSC is creating or has created towards you. As always if you need morale support, or a boost of self-esteem (I wish Crobat was here) we have the best of people to talk here, everyone is supportive and always up to help.

So a massive good luck from me to the 2015'ers :D!

Take care if you aren't going to be around much anymore!
Thanks Speedy! I haven't started feeling stressed yet but I'm sure I will when school starts again, the trials and the HSC are the biggest exams that we have ever faced in our schooling years, and they count the most, all these years and now it comes down to this. All the best to the rest of the 2015'ers and for you Speedy in the future!

Flop21

HSC
Because you actually have to study them. If you want to remember them then you have to continuously recall the information.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Is it okay to include a quote as part of your linking sentence(s) in a history essay? I found a good quote and it pretty much sums up everything that I had been talking about in that paragraph.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I feel ya.
I guess I write em so I have a uh "summarised" version of whatever we have learnt or were supposed to learn. Also it's less daunting for me during exam time (provided I've actually made my notes in well advanced which isnt usually the case) as I get easily overwhelmed and looking at how much I'd have to read/try to remember if it were from a textbook as opposed to notes stresses me out so much. Idk. I mainly do it for my own peace of mind. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)