2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah same but I am kind of glad as it is a good prescribed text and works well with my related, which is always a bonus! How do you find it?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Yeah same but I am kind of glad as it is a good prescribed text and works well with my related, which is always a bonus! How do you find it?
lol haven't even started analyzing it in class but our teacher told us to watch it ourselves at home so we don't waste too much time in class, and I have yet to watch the movie.

EDIT: Don't spoil anything to me though :)

Chris_S

HSC
haha don't worry I wont and I bet you will enjoy! For me it was my favourite out of all the texts I've done this year.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
haha don't worry I wont and I bet you will enjoy! For me it was my favourite out of all the texts I've done this year.
Well so far I've liked The Great Gatsby and I can see why people name it the best novel of all time, even though I don't like EBB but The Great Gatsby makes me like Module B, how would you rate the movie (Wag the dog)?

Chris_S

HSC
Out of 10 around 8-9! Cool, I am doing EBB's sonnets and The Great Gatsby now! I agree that the novel is one of the best. Unfortunately, people like Tom are the one's who end up surviving lol. What do you think of Daisy and Gatsby's love? Do you think it is a real love?

Occupied

HSC
N/A
That chem thing was a joke with occupied, we're good mates
Just to clear things up, or make the water even more muddy (becos lol. that seems to be what i do best : P). We're not good friends. We've never been good friends.

When I talk to him I don't even fucking know if I'm talking to a male 2015'er who has a weird sense of humour/logic or a squashed potato rolling across a keyboard in Peru.

ya f33l?
hahaha. But seriously I don't know who's telling the truth
well actually im not gud m8s with crisium either so lmao

teridax

HSC
N/A
Just to clear things up, or make the water even more muddy (becos lol. that seems to be what i do best : P). We're not good friends. We've never been good friends.

When I talk to him I don't even fucking know if I'm talking to a male 2015'er who has a weird sense of humour/logic or a squashed potato rolling across a keyboard in Peru.

ya f33l?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qU5RSnj7K9

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Yes and that is why your post serves no purpose

+ If you knew teridax well enough you'd know that he can be a bit of a clown sometimes

You remind me of myself in the early days of BoS, taking everything so seriously
You still take alot of posts seriously.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Out of 10 around 8-9! Cool, I am doing EBB's sonnets and The Great Gatsby now! I agree that the novel is one of the best. Unfortunately, people like Tom are the one's who end up surviving lol. What do you think of Daisy and Gatsby's love? Do you think it is a real love?
If I think outside the box, then yeah it's pretty much real love, but to do good in the HSC you must say it's materialistic :D

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
idk, that begs the Q

do english teachers actually value originality in your essays?

coz i swear the times i try to be original i get marked down heaps whereas regurgitating niche statements my teacher said in class generates better marks (oh the irony here when it comes to making your own "interpretation")

ugh, i just h8 eng lol
This what what HSC english does to you lol, but if anything you should try to be passionate in your essays, apparently it's what english teachers love...

teridax

HSC
N/A
but you don't need to be passionate in english to stand out lol

you just need to know how to write a solid essay, that's it haha

although i still need to construct my discovery paragraphs and fix my generic mod c essay coz i h8 these modules rofl

ebb/gatsby for mod a and hamlet for mod b are gr8 tho
y

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
If I think outside the box, then yeah it's pretty much real love, but to do good in the HSC you must say it's materialistic :D
I guess both are love (to an extent)? The desire and how the said love materialises is very different!

As per obvious from EBB's poetry, she actually tempered her feelings and carefully thought about WHY she loved Robert Browning. But at the same time, Gatsby seemed to be so intensely in love with Daisy for a reason that still remains ambiguous to me (although I have a hunch that Daisy represents everything Gatsby wanted such as materialistic gain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)