2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Quick Q. Are you allowed to use your calculator in reading time (under BOS guidelines)?
No. You aren't allowed or meant to have anything in your hands.

(I played with a pen lid in the time, but I wouldn't recommend it)

astroman

HSC
No. You aren't allowed or meant to have anything in your hands.

(I played with a pen lid in the time, but I wouldn't recommend it)
lol, reading time is good to quickly do some MC in your head and to get ready to content dump ideas for later questions

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, reading time is good to quickly do some MC in your head and to get ready to content dump ideas for later questions
Yeah do multiple choice questions in your head is a good idea especially with business studies (can get it completed in reading time or near abouts)

astroman

HSC
Yeah do multiple choice questions in your head is a good idea especially with business studies (can get it completed in reading time or near abouts)
agree, can do about 5 questions which is gonna save u time to spend on sections like report.

tonysoprano

HSC
agree, can do about 5 questions which is gonna save u time to spend on sections like report.
I'm gonna spend reading time more so on thinking of what case studies I'm going to make up for Section IV.

tonysoprano

HSC
Hi all,

So I have a little dilemma right now lol. My trials start next week (Monday) with English obviously first, and I'm pretty confident I'll memorise my creative and discovery generic essay for paper 1 within this time. But in terms of paper 2 (which is on Tuesday), I basically have to memorise my Mod A generic essay + backup quotes/techniques, my 8 Hamlet thematic paragraphs + backup quotes/techniques and my Mod C generic essay. :/ I mean, after paper 1, which finishes at around 11am, I have like 10 hours to study (or to cram). But I don't know if that's sufficient for my module essays. In that case, should I memorise my paper 2 essays on the weekend alongside my paper 1 scripts? Or should I just do it chronologically in accordance to the english trials?
My problem is literally exactly like yours, except I got a bit more to remember for Module C. What I'm doing is, I'm going to memorise at least one whole module today (probably B, because it's the longest), and do Paper 1 memorising tomorrow. So after Paper 1 on Monday, I'm going to home straight away and get to memorising all of Mod A and C.

matchalolz

HSC
Hi all,

So I have a little dilemma right now lol. My trials start next week (Monday) with English obviously first, and I'm pretty confident I'll memorise my creative and discovery generic essay for paper 1 within this time. But in terms of paper 2 (which is on Tuesday), I basically have to memorise my Mod A generic essay + backup quotes/techniques, my 8 Hamlet thematic paragraphs + backup quotes/techniques and my Mod C generic essay. :/ I mean, after paper 1, which finishes at around 11am, I have like 10 hours to study (or to cram). But I don't know if that's sufficient for my module essays. In that case, should I memorise my paper 2 essays on the weekend alongside my paper 1 scripts? Or should I just do it chronologically in accordance to the english trials?
Just putting it out there, you're probably going to be very tired after your three hour exam on Monday so i suggest you start memorising everything now starting chronologically and try to get as far as possible. If you don't finish paper 2 this weekend dw too much, just keep pushing :) Good luck!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all,

I'd do:
Saturday (today) - paper 2 and paper 1 (more prep for paper 2)
Sunday - paper 1 prep
Monday - paper 2 prep

rawrliongirl

HSC
Hi all,

omg i feel. I have paper 1 monday, paper 2 tuesday and tbh i havent really started memorising anything. i be f*cked :cool:
currently writing some practice paragraphs to email to my teacher tonight, once done i shall start memorising quotes for discovery...and make up a creative.. then ill try to memorise that too. ill prob spend most of tmrw trying to memorise. Ill have to try and cram paper 2 stuff on monday..
i would start tomorrow but i just remembered i have 2 hrs of chem tutor in the arvo D:

much stress *_*

Jasmin-2303

HSC
I am absolutely shitting trials. I feel like I've worked my ass for the year and that If I screw up these exams everything will go to shit and I have a crap time-table which makes the prospect of cramming worse. I just hope ranks won't be affected too much and the exams are reasonable- I wish you all the very best in your studies and I hope 2015'ers can kick ass!:spzz:

astroman

HSC
I am absolutely shitting trials. I feel like I've worked my ass for the year and that If I screw up these exams everything will go to shit and I have a crap time-table which makes the prospect of cramming worse. I just hope ranks won't be affected too much and the exams are reasonable- I wish you all the very best in your studies and I hope 2015'ers can kick ass!:spzz:
u too, trials are just last opportunity to boost ranks thats pretty much it, after that your done and you have lots of time to get studying for 50% worth HSC which will honestly play a much bigger effect on your atar than trials if you can do good in them

Ekman

HSC
The worst thing about studying during winter, I cant get out of bed. It is too cold in the mornings and my bed is warm and comfortable.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
gl to everyone starting trials tomorrow. These exams aren't the end of the world; remember that at the end of the day they only make up around 15-20% of your final HSC marks. Also remember that everyone else in the state is tired and low on motivation right now too; what makes the difference is pushing through this and giving your absolute best :)
I'm also speaking to myself when I say this; I've got trials tomorrow and am very much looking forward to when they're done haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)