2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderstorm

HSC
wasn't too bad, i pretty much didn't know how to do the ratio calculations coz that was the only thing i didn't bother studying lol, and section iv question 27 was a bit weird, i kinda bullshitted it but it sounded good.
You got given formulas? I didn't know strategies to improve efficiency cause I didn't study back end of finance lol

Maths tho #rekt

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
wasn't too bad, i pretty much didn't know how to do the ratio calculations coz that was the only thing i didn't bother studying lol, and section iv question 27 was a bit weird, i kinda bullshitted it but it sounded good.
Question 27? Wasn't it on the umh, financial management of cash flow and profitability?

I don't think we do the exact same paper, do we?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
idk it was something about consumer laws and how they affect marketing strategies.
Yeah! Not the same paper.

Pray for rain, I'm going to drown the bitch who formatted my paper.

Our short answer questions were divided into little bits by (i) and (ii) and it really threw my off

Also I used arrows in my short answers to like...show an explain question, you think that will be okay?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Meanwhile, I'll just pray to Jesus that my trials won't throw me off with weird ass Qs

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

tonysoprano

HSC
Never have I bullshitted so much for a question. Q25 Section 3, my school decided to change the 'recommend a human resource strategy', to 'recommend an operations strategy to fix legal and ethical issues', and I had sat there for 5 minutes thinking this made no sense coz there was no strategy to recommend for this business. You can't just change a fucking word and expect it to work...

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Never have I bullshitted so much for a question. Q25 Section 3, my school decided to change the 'recommend a human resource strategy', to 'recommend an operations strategy to fix legal and ethical issues', and I had sat there for 5 minutes thinking this made no sense coz there was no strategy to recommend for this business. You can't just change a fucking word and expect it to work...
#schoollogic

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
That is quite a difficult question! However, Operations has government and legal influences as well... I'm really curious, what did you write about?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Section 3 for me was:
Outline one advantage & disadvantage for outsourcing
Two strategies to improve operations processes
Some shit on maintenance

tonysoprano

HSC
That is quite a difficult question! However, Operations has government and legal influences as well... I'm really curious, what did you write about?
Because we had to mention a strategy from operations, I picked outsourcing, because it reflected the stimulus the most out of all of them. It was easy to talk about how to overcome issues of legality for that, but trying to make it more of an ethical choice but a hard, and idk if I did it right.

I just said that because they're planning to relocate to another country, if they choose to outsource a specific part instead of relocating, less people lose their jobs which is more ethical. And then I specifically stated to offer those who do lose their jobs either another position in the firm, or a nice redundancy package etc. But yeah idk it was really fucked.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Omg i wish that was mine, that's so perfect
Yeah.

Essay fucked me hard, I didn't have much to say for Analysing Global Marketing Strategies. But I did it anyways, only wrote 4 pages.
Business reports was a solid 7 pages.

Short answers was a bit confusing. I feel like I didn't regurgitate enough in the exam.

But I hope for the 90% +

tonysoprano

HSC
Yeah.

Essay fucked me hard, I didn't have much to say for Analysing Global Marketing Strategies. But I did it anyways, only wrote 4 pages.
Business reports was a solid 7 pages.

Short answers was a bit confusing. I feel like I didn't regurgitate enough in the exam.

But I hope for the 90% +
Yeah short answers were rather odd in this exam.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Yeah short answers were rather odd in this exam.
Oh right, so for an Operations short answer, they asked me to explain two quality methods.

So I picked Q. Control & Q. Improvement.
Then I defined it, did some arrows pointing and writing out how it improves quality, and how it benefits the business etc.
Wonder if I'll lose marks for not writing full sentences.

tonysoprano

HSC
Oh right, so for an Operations short answer, they asked me to explain two quality methods.

So I picked Q. Control & Q. Improvement.
Then I defined it, did some arrows pointing and writing out how it improves quality, and how it benefits the business etc.
Wonder if I'll lose marks for not writing full sentences.
Nah you'll be fine as long as the infos there.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you name-dropped operation strategies (from the syllabus) and somehow linked them to the CSR dotpoint (and the sub-dotpoints underneath it) in operation influences, I think you'll be fine. :)

You got given formulas? I didn't know strategies to improve efficiency cause I didn't study back end of finance lol

Maths tho #rekt
I'd think about the efficiency ratios:
Expense ratio - so we want strategies that affect (i.e. either decrease or increase for the better) expenses or sales.
A/R turnover ratio - so we want strategies that affect sales or A/R.

For example, working capital management strategies - control of current assets (receivables) can improve A/R turnover and thus, efficiency.
For example, profitability management strategies - cost controls (expense minimisation) can affect the expense ratio and thus, efficiency.

Definitely not an easy finance question, especially in exam conditions.

idk it was something about consumer laws and how they affect marketing strategies.
Doesn't sound like a bad question.

Can link deceptive and misleading advertising with promotional strategies.
Link price discrimination with pricing strategies.
Link warranties with product strategies (the idea of faulty products perhaps).
And so on.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
As long as you name-dropped operation strategies (from the syllabus) and somehow linked them to the CSR dotpoint (and the sub-dotpoints underneath it) in operation influences, I think you'll be fine. :)

I'd think about the efficiency ratios:
Expense ratio - so we want strategies that affect (i.e. either decrease or increase for the better) expenses or sales.
A/R turnover ratio - so we want strategies that affect sales or A/R.

For example, working capital management strategies - control of current assets (receivables) can improve A/R turnover and thus, efficiency.
For example, profitability management strategies - cost controls (expense minimisation) can affect the expense ratio and thus, efficiency.

Definitely not an easy finance question, especially in exam conditions.

Doesn't sound like a bad question.

And so on.
Yeah, we have to calculate and comment the accounts receivable rate and was only provided a Balance sheet.
I chose to aim it at accounts receivable turnover rate by using discounts for early payment and factoring. Not even sure if I was going for the right approach, but I was aiming at just improving the accounts receivable turnover ratio..which was underneath efficiency and thats how it all clicked in my head.

tonysoprano

HSC
And so on.
Basically exactly what I did lol. The case studies were complete and utter bullshit though, but they did sound legitimate.

rawrliongirl

HSC
My English paper 2 responses were so terrible I want to cry.

I could not remember a thing. So depressed, they were actually alright questions as well. Do you guys know if they mark a lot easier because we are under exam conditions, compared to take home essay assignments???

I just hope it doesn't screw my overall English mark up too much. I want 60% plus, but I'm seriously doubting that right now.
Bro, I feel.
I did so shit. Worst thing is, I was running out of time to memorise all my poems, and ended up neglecting a few because I didn't think they would ask a question on it since there was not much to talk about... and they ended up asking specifically for one of the poems I didn't even look at D; Didn't even finish the essay, prob failed it.
I feel that English is going to ruin my whole ATAR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)