• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
I personally have to thank astab for this question:

May someone tell me of the advantages and disadvantages of MERs (preferably 3 costs and 3 benefits, looking at eco growth, employment, external stability). Apologies if the question has been asked, just direct me to the page.
It ended up being my essay question

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
lol did you ever stuff up any exams for general hahahaha
I got 26/40 in my first task, which i consider as quite the faliure.

I've always been naturally intelligent to a certain extent (that or i am a hard worker) so i rarely get devistating exam results unless i don't study what so ever.

General math is cancer though

bigdawstv

HSC
I got 26/40 in my first task, which i consider as quite the faliure.

I've always been naturally intelligent to a certain extent (that or i am a hard worker) so i rarely get devistating exam results unless i don't study what so ever.

General math is cancer though
26/40 is alright, general maths is killing me, Despite the average being around 40% I think its going to kill the fuk out of my atar

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
26/40 is alright, general maths is killing me, Despite the average being around 40% I think its going to kill the fuk out of my atar
As i say with everyone, just try your best and if you fail learn from the experience and move on.

There are always pathways and life is long.

bigdawstv

HSC
As i say with everyone, just try your best and if you fail learn from the experience and move on.

There are always pathways and life is long.
potentially I think my school mark will be around 40/50 and thats for general lol, pretty depressing

Flop21

HSC
I hate business so much.

Seriously, I've just slowly come to this realisation. It's so bad, I actually use to like it in year 11, now all of a sudden I'm hating it??? At literally the worst time I could start to hate it???

I think I'm just hating all the boring content and rote subjects like english and business. I'm starting to really like maths more and biology because I feel it's interesting and relevant, maybe that's it.

AgghHhgh

By the way, anyone getting a major project marked? Mine is getting marked on Tuesday. Pretty nervous lol.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I hate business so much.

Seriously, I've just slowly come to this realisation. It's so bad, I actually use to like it in year 11, now all of a sudden I'm hating it??? At literally the worst time I could start to hate it???

I think I'm just hating all the boring content and rote subjects like english and business. I'm starting to really like maths more and biology because I feel it's interesting and relevant, maybe that's it.

AgghHhgh

By the way, anyone getting a major project marked? Mine is getting marked on Tuesday. Pretty nervous lol.
In a way this is actually a good thing because maths and the sciences will do a lot more to your ATAR than business

Play around with the ATAR calculators you'll be surprised

Good luck with your major :D

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Anyone have tips for improving handwriting in English? I got my trial mark the other day and was very pleasantly surprised, however I got a couple of comments from the markers saying that I should try to improve my handwriting. One of them said that she had to read through one of my essays a few times before she could fully read all words. I understand that it's not the end of the world if my writing's a bit messy, but does anyone have any tips? Because I would (of course) prefer to have neater handwriting rather than messier, to make it easier for the HSC markers

Ekman

HSC
Anyone have tips for improving handwriting in English? I got my trial mark the other day and was very pleasantly surprised, however I got a couple of comments from the markers saying that I should try to improve my handwriting. One of them said that she had to read through one of my essays a few times before she could fully read all words. I understand that it's not the end of the world if my writing's a bit messy, but does anyone have any tips? Because I would (of course) prefer to have neater handwriting rather than messier, to make it easier for the HSC markers
According to my teacher, BOSTES will do everything it can to read your responses (the senior markers there apparently can read anything), even if the handwriting it messy. So don't waste time on making sure your handwriting looks good. Congrats on your mark btw

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
I hate business so much.

AgghHhgh

Try (I know it's hard, but try) to think on the positive side - there's only 2 more months until you never have to think about all that boring content ever again. Also, in a way, subjects where rote learning is key are good, because it's not necessarily a competition of natural skill, instead your ability to memorise. In these subjects, putting in a lot of effort will (probably) result in a good mark, which might not be the case for other subjects like maths if you're naturally not at all inclined to maths.

Ekman

HSC
That moment when you realise you said "A depreciation causes a reduction in imported inflation" in your essay. :bomb:

The thing is, it is true for some reason. RBA seems to continue its expansionary stance, and the inflation rates have been relatively low, during these times of a depreciating currency. Textbook =/= Real life

Flop21

HSC
English isn't complete rote learning though - you still need to understand your texts as a whole and understand what you're talking about in your essay. But yeah, there's the memorising of quotes and technique or full essays which is annoying haha

Confession: I wish I had reevaluated my subjects because I have so many regrets right now
Nah, never said it was ALL rote learning. I hate it mainly because it's so irrelevant for me and boring. Those two things come hand in hand for me it seems... if it's irrelevant it becomes boring.

I don't mind rote learning if it's interesting. Take biology for example, love it.

EDIT: Also if anyone is depressed over their trial marks, don't worry. I surely did worse than everyone. We have a while to improve dramatically before HSC anyway.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I think i completely failed my english trials. I saw my mark for one of my essays (that i didnt get to finish) and i got 6/20 -_- i think my rank has plummeted and i dont think theres much hope for me in english anymore... i didn't look at the rest of my marks, but im assuming i still did below average since i have been all year. will my atar suffer a lot from this? D:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I think i completely failed my english trials. I saw my mark for one of my essays (that i didnt get to finish) and i got 6/20 -_- i think my rank has plummeted and i dont think theres much hope for me in english anymore... i didn't look at the rest of my marks, but im assuming i still did below average since i have been all year. will my atar suffer a lot from this? D:
Haha I think we're on the same boat there (I haven't received my results yet though :/ )

I put a huge emphasis on answering the question for Module A and C because I felt as if they were my strongest and I only managed to write 2/3 of my Module B essay :/

Your ATAR shouldn't suffer too badly as long as you do well in your other subjects to compensate for this + There's still the external exams to go so don't be too disheartened :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Haha I think we're on the same boat there (I haven't received my results yet though :/ )

I put a huge emphasis on answering the question for Module A and C because I felt as if they were my strongest and I only managed to write 2/3 of my Module B essay :/

Your ATAR shouldn't suffer too badly as long as you do well in your other subjects to compensate for this + There's still the external exams to go so don't be too disheartened :)
I wrote 2 paragraphs on an additional poem for module B, and wrote one bit of analysis for the actual poem they wanted us to talk about (i hadn't studied that poem which is why i left it till last but then j ran out of time) and the teacher marked me as if my other two paragraphs didnt even exist

kids, the Moral of the story is: know all your poems, even ones you dont think they would ever specify bc i didnt think ever think theyd specify this poem, but they did [emoji29] [emoji30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)