2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I hate the HSC. Can we have a two minute hate like they do in Nineteen Eighty-Four?
"It flowed through the group like an electric current"

Since they were hating against Goldstein, the non-existent scapegoat, will BOSTES be the substitute?

Ekman

HSC
ugh, not keen for eco for hsc lol

there's too much rote learning :(
Ugh you can say that again. Im really happy that I wasnt tested on topic 1 today, except for the case study in the short answer which you can always bs. Topic 1 and labour markets are like the two most roted topics.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Ugh you can say that again. Im really happy that I wasnt tested on topic 1 today, except for the case study in the short answer which you can always bs. Topic 1 and labour markets are like the two most roted topics.
the only thing i don't mind in topic 1 is the protection graphs and business cycle (but they are intuitive anyhow lol)

but ffs, labour markets makes me want to kms - there's nothing to understand, plus types of MER isn't better either

environment looks fken disgusting as well

---

dat f33l when u realise hsc is a rote fest FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ekman

HSC
the only thing i don't mind in topic 1 is the protection graphs and business cycle (but they are intuitive anyhow lol)

but ffs, labour markets makes me want to kms - there's nothing to understand, plus types of MER isn't better either

environment looks fken disgusting as well

---

dat f33l when u realise hsc is a rote fest FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Lol I found this out the hard way today when I did the MER essay. Too much stuff to link, I felt like it was a never ending cycle of links to different types of reforms that you need to memorise. I felt the need to relate everything to Gillard or labour government because I didnt memorise all the details for labour matkets. I was so tired after doing the MER essay

I dont mind environment, because its relatively straight forward. You have your targets, regulations, market based policies and international agreements. The international agreements is easy, just know kyoto and Montreal protocol (go chemistry), and for market based policies know the carbon tax, and for regulations just know the catalytic convertors on cars and scrubber technology for industries (go chemistry again), and for targets just know the RET

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Lol I found this out the hard way today when I did the MER essay. Too much stuff to link, I felt like it was a never ending cycle of links to different types of reforms that you need to memorise. I felt the need to relate everything to Gillard or labour government because I didnt memorise all the details for labour matkets. I was so tired after doing the MER essay

I dont mind environment, because its relatively straight forward. You have your targets, regulations, market based policies and international agreements. The international agreements is easy, just know kyoto and Montreal protocol (go chemistry), and for market based policies know the carbon tax, and for regulations just know the catalytic convertors on cars and scrubber technology for industries (go chemistry again), and for targets just know the RET
When do your trials finish?

Daniellemc

HSC

Can someone please help me with this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I think i completely failed my english trials. I saw my mark for one of my essays (that i didnt get to finish) and i got 6/20 -_- i think my rank has plummeted and i dont think theres much hope for me in english anymore... i didn't look at the rest of my marks, but im assuming i still did below average since i have been all year. will my atar suffer a lot from this? D:
I got 10/20 for my Mod C essay in trials. I ended up getting a 91 in Advanced English. Stay hopeful and keep going.

Try (I know it's hard, but try) to think on the positive side - there's only 2 more months until you never have to think about all that boring content ever again. Also, in a way, subjects where rote learning is key are good, because it's not necessarily a competition of natural skill, instead your ability to memorise. In these subjects, putting in a lot of effort will (probably) result in a good mark, which might not be the case for other subjects like maths if you're naturally not at all inclined to maths.
Whilst this is basically my view as well, you can argue that having a good memory in itself can only come 'naturally'.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Why is it considered good if subjects are based one's ability to rote learn / memorise?

teridax

HSC
N/A
Why is it considered good if subjects are based one's ability to rote learn / memorise?
Idk, maybe it gives those a chance to do well in the hsc if they're not naturally good at subjects which necessitate intellect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)