2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
if ur doing 3 unit, although I did that during the hols~ so mabye one paper a day, depending on how much you understand the topics
I'm doing 2U only, I understand about half of the paper, and the other half I struggle with, that's about how much I know how to do a 2U paper...

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
then what I recommend is going back to the txt book to review what u don't understand, then move to past papers
I can't review my textbook for topics like maxima and minima, proving this angle equals that, etc. those sort of questions are quite hard.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Yeah, 3 papers over 2 days is a good goal to work towards (1.5 papers per day)
:)
With respect, I thoroughly disagree with this - doing this many past papers will wear you out very quickly, and won't actually help you learn. What is way more important is to learn from your mistakes and refine your skills - maybe do 1 past paper every 2 days. This way, you have time to do the paper, mark it, and make sure you learn from your mistakes that you made. This way, if you find that there's an area/topic that you find difficult, you have time to go over it and maybe do some textbook questions.
Also, I don't think that it's imperative to do timed past papers - don't get me wrong, it's very useful to practice in exam conditions, however, often it's helpful to spend a bit more time than usual on the questions you find difficult.

AztecWarrior

HSC
With respect, I thoroughly disagree with this - doing this many past papers will wear you out very quickly, and won't actually help you learn. What is way more important is to learn from your mistakes and refine your skills - maybe do 1 past paper every 2 days. This way, you have time to do the paper, mark it, and make sure you learn from your mistakes that you made. This way, if you find that there's an area/topic that you find difficult, you have time to go over it and maybe do some textbook questions.
Also, I don't think that it's imperative to do timed past papers - don't get me wrong, it's very useful to practice in exam conditions, however, often it's helpful to spend a bit more time than usual on the questions you find difficult.

Yeah - but I thought @bluegass was all g with the topics and just was wondering for straight pracitse and as I mentioned, it was during holidays.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Yeah - but I thought @bluegass was all g with the topics and just was wondering for straight pracitse and as I mentioned, it was during holidays.
lol I wish I was.

EDIT: hopefully I'll come back to this post laughing at it after the HSC is over

Fiction

HSC
Yeah well that's odd. Check over it, add up the marks a few times to make sure it's all okay. Maybe she thought by marking you more harder, you'll push yourself for the HSC and smash externals. They are still technically only worth ~15% and HSC is worth 50%.

So best thing now would be to try and accept it and get onto smashing the HSC. But I get what you're feeling, I'm still depressed about my math mark.
They're not technically meant to do that, although I guess that doesn't really deter anyone. But most trials are conducted in a manner where student ID rather than name is used - in which case, Drsoccerball's teacher shouldn't have been biased.

calamebe

HSC
I can't review my textbook for topics like maxima and minima, proving this angle equals that, etc. those sort of questions are quite hard.
Maybe ask your teacher for resources to help with your understanding of some topics. Also, for study tips, I just review topics I need to understand a little better, then go on with practice papers. If you don't understand everything in the paper, that's fine, just do what you can then you have the added bonus of knowing what to study for (the topics you couldn't do in the practice paper).

Ello1234

HSC
Gabriel Moussa we need your permission for the new thread!!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's just part of a broader anti-harassment policy we try to enforce. We don't want to be a downer :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Ik I've probably asked something similar before, but I need clarification or something to put my mind at ease coz it's slowly consuming me.
If my averages for most of my subjects (after trials) are in high 70s to mid-high 80s (apart from english which is in the 60s :/ ) is it possible for me to achieve an 80-85+ atar if I do well in the externals?

I'm particularly worried about English as I think it's dragging me down. One essay completely ruined my overall trial mark for english.

How well would I need to do in my externals to get an 80+ atar? Currently, when I put my marks into the ATAR calc, it says I'll get a mid 70s ATAR D:

All of my ranks are single digits except for English which is in the 30s (out of 42 people).

And what is worse is no matter what, I just can't seem to study or focus ;-; I think I completely died inside after trials/ major.

Flop21

HSC
Ik I've probably asked something similar before, but I need clarification or something to put my mind at ease coz it's slowly consuming me.
If my averages for most of my subjects (after trials) are in high 70s to mid-high 80s (apart from english which is in the 60s :/ ) is it possible for me to achieve an 80-85+ atar if I do well in the externals?

I'm particularly worried about English as I think it's dragging me down. One essay completely ruined my overall trial mark for english.

How well would I need to do in my externals to get an 80+ atar? Currently, when I put my marks into the ATAR calc, it says I'll get a mid 70s ATAR D:

All of my ranks are single digits except for English which is in the 30s (out of 42 people).

And what is worse is no matter what, I just can't seem to study or focus ;-; I think I completely died inside after trials/ major.
Someone said a 70% in english is actually really good. So maybe that makes a 60% good?

Anyway, do you guys think it's okay for me to have maybe 4-5 days off? I've never been this sick before in my life, it's so horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)