2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Do only high ranked schools get ATAR estimates after half yearlies?
If your school doesn't give ATAR estimates, you can request for one (e.g. from your year advisor or perhaps, deputy principal or principal).

However, on average, I'd argue that BoS estimates are much more accurate than school estimates.

Also, keep in mind that post-half yearlies estimates, whether they're from your school or BoS, will always only be 'indicative' :)

astroman

HSC
should wait after trials for an estimate, asking before will just stress you out. Just aim for the best you can and get your ranks as good as possible.

Drsoccerball

HSC
LOL i got my atar estimate... English dragged mine down D: its between 90-95 range... The teacher said that this is the most pessimistic atar predictions. Kind of demoralising when some one gets there most pessimistic prediction on of 99.1:L

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
LOL i got my atar estimate... English dragged mine down D: its between 90-95 range... The teacher said that this is the most pessimistic atar predictions. Kind of demoralising when some one gets there most pessimistic prediction on of 99.1:L
Remember that an estimate is just that, an estimate. A mere prediction. iirc my lowest estimate was 78 and that was just after half yearlies

Flop21

HSC
Why, what are you aiming for?

90-95 at worse, sounds excellent. Especially when there's loads of time and assessments to improve if you want to get higher than that.

HSC
Found out I came 11th out of 140 2 unit students yesterday !!! I feel so proud, and I told my mother about it and she was like "it's alright, but not that good..." AHHAHAnfhjshbfkasnfksfn *cries*

turntaker

HSC
Found out I came 11th out of 140 2 unit students yesterday !!! I feel so proud, and I told my mother about it and she was like "it's alright, but not that good..." AHHAHAnfhjshbfkasnfksfn *cries*
Asian parents

pomsky

HSC
Your parents are probably just trying to motivate you- I know that's what mine does whenever I tell them my marks haha.
Tough love. :')

Nonetheless GREAT JOB ! And work on maintaining dat awesome rank :) :)

turntaker

HSC
anyone here going to mei's seminar on friday.

Flop21

HSC
Where can I get my hands on some math notes? 2u.

Or some past papers that are topic specific?

astroman

HSC
Where can I get my hands on some math notes? 2u.

Or some past papers that are topic specific?
donno about notes myself but there are some in the resources section. Questions by topic are in success one book.

Flop21

HSC
donno about notes myself but there are some in the resources section. Questions by topic are in success one book.
Wow I'm really dumb.

I have that book and dismissed it because I could only see the "TOPIC INDEX" at the inside back cover which didn't have all the topics. Just looked and the rest of topics are in the inside front cover.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)