2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BzR_My

HSC
About to start my Extension History Project? How screwed am I?

pomsky

HSC
When should we actually start studying for trials ?
Anybody doing anything cool in the holis? :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Around late July/ early August.

I wasn't aware some schools had them next term- that's quite soon wow
True but they get so much time after that to study what they want to (assuming they have no more assessment tasks) and have the opportunity to target their weaknesses, etc.

Flop21

HSC
Maths doesn't require notes :L just do past papers
Why not? Do you keep it all in your brain?

I try, but I like the back up of looking at my notes for each topic.

I find everyone else doesn't use notes - but I wish they did so I could use them.

BzR_My

HSC
26th of June, i got plenty of information. However, i cant find historical interpretations ( i have a few)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
imo, if you require notes for maths, then that implies you don't understand the patterns of each topic and how they relate. here's why.

when you're in the war, a fighting manual (maths notes) can only do so much. it might teach you how to survive the battle (going over the process of doing Q's) but experience is what trumps the aforementioned. at first, you may be like "well, shit my shooting was off-target" (making silly mistakes in maths working), but after a while you'll be slowly hitting the enemy with greater accuracy and counteracting whatever hits you at a fast rate (potential curveballs). eventually, your skills increase with an understanding of your weaponry (rise in marks/ranks) and soon you've mastered X, Y, Z (achieve b6)
These quotes just keep on getting better and better

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
26th of June, i got plenty of information. However, i cant find historical interpretations ( i have a few)
Keep researching on historical interpretations you should be able to find more

Good luck with it :D

Flop21

HSC
imo, if you require notes for maths, then that implies you don't understand the patterns of each topic and how they relate. here's why.

when you're in the war, a fighting manual (maths notes) can only do so much. it might teach you how to survive the battle (going over the process of doing Q's) but experience is what trumps the aforementioned. at first, you may be like "well, shit my shooting was off-target" (making silly mistakes in maths working), but after a while you'll be slowly hitting the enemy with greater accuracy and counteracting whatever hits you at a fast rate (potential curveballs). eventually, your skills increase with an understanding of your weaponry (rise in marks/ranks) and soon you've mastered X, Y, Z (achieve b6)
Yeah thanks for this. I'm struggling a bit understanding things and just going through making sure I understand everything, then going to practice practice.

How do you do your math study? Go through textbook? I get if you understand everything - you can go through past papers and just practice. But what about when you don't truly understand everything - just keep going through the past papers and maybe check back at textbook if you don't get question?

Thanks

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Didn't wanna create a thread for this in the "fashion and beauty" section so I decided to post this here.

In the picture below, is the store saying that a hoodie costs $49.99 and if you buy a second one it's half the price? I'm confused because the hoodie I'm looking at on the website costs $70 but in the magazine it says REG $49.99, could it just be that the website managers haven't updated their website yet? This magazine is quite recent.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Making notes for maths is like wearing a raincoat while taking a shower:L
Tbh for getting 97 for 2unit maths a year early i made no notes but i did most of the homework regularly and did alot of past papers... I kind of lowered my mark abit by not studying after i got guaranteed extension 2 (as theres prerequisites in my school) I came first in school and came like 8th in the exam because i didnt study for more than a month before the exam... So i recommend just do a past paper here and there and join the bos marathons. This will help you get those complex questions that you'd never realise how to do :)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Making notes for maths is like wearing a raincoat while taking a shower:L
That is the weirdest analogy I've heard :O
But it kinda makes sense, you can't make notes for maths, you just need to practice your butt off. In saying that it won't hurt to have a formula sheet with everything you need to remember and maybe a couple of worked examples for the stuff you find most difficult.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Nice.

Yeah I'm just not that great at the moment with my studying for math. I've got a bit of catching up to do. Found a guy that does some GREAT youtube videos though.

I actually don't get homework or anything, and pretty much have to sort myself out when and how much I do of math.

Do you guys think if I do math study every single day from now on until trials, I will do well? Even though I haven't done much until now?
You will do well if you study a lot :)

Try practice questions without looking at the answers

teridax

HSC
N/A
That is the weirdest analogy I've heard :O
But it kinda makes sense, you can't make notes for maths, you just need to practice your butt off. In saying that it won't hurt to have a formula sheet with everything you need to remember and maybe a couple of worked examples for the stuff you find most difficult.
what about hawk's analogy lol

that was personally his best one

HSC
Nice.

Yeah I'm just not that great at the moment with my studying for math. I've got a bit of catching up to do. Found a guy that does some GREAT youtube videos though.

I actually don't get homework or anything, and pretty much have to sort myself out when and how much I do of math.

Do you guys think if I do math study every single day from now on until trials, I will do well? Even though I haven't done much until now?
hey, do you mean notes as in formulas?
I thought when a new topic is started, teachers go through formulas and examples. So in my book I have formulas, examples then work I do from exercises
I think textbooks have sections on formulas and worked out examples. Cambridge is good with that because within each topic, they go through explanations, then formulas, examples and give exercises to do.

Didn't wanna create a thread for this in the "fashion and beauty" section so I decided to post this here.

In the picture below, is the store saying that a hoodie costs $49.99 and if you buy a second one it's half the price? I'm confused because the hoodie I'm looking at on the website costs $70 but in the magazine it says REG $49.99, could it just be that the website managers haven't updated their website yet? This magazine is quite recent.

Oh, I think they mean all the regulars are $50 or up. So depending on the style, they can be cheapest at 50 and others would be more expensive, basically from $49.99 means equal to or $49.99 +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)