2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantine

HSC
I can relate to what most of you guys are saying about feedback from English teachers. Fortunately I had a great teacher for Year 11 and 12 and dodged the bullet, however I have had similar experiences in the past.

I would suggest spamming your teacher's inbox for constructive feedback, or corner them after class. If that still doesn't work, then go ask the top student for feedback and review. Otherwise, maybe post it up on here (BOS has some really high achieving past HSC-students that still hang out on here), or if you can afford to spare some money, online feedback reviews by state ranking students is always another option.

There's no point in relying on your teachers. Being seventeen/eighteen this year, you should be more responsible for your own studies. It's also good practice for uni.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
In my school English in pretty amazing..best staff out! Though maths staff is Horrendous...can't teach for shit and none can speak fluent English to understand..far out

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
My school isn't even in the top 100 in rankings lol, should I give up?
No

You should try get the best ranking you can. You'll regret it when you get your results and think "I should have tried harder"

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah.

Honestly I really do think that what your teacher thinks of you counts A LOT. If you're the teachers favourite you're always going to get top marks IMO. I know that's controversial, but I believe it's true.

I was at a school where teachers liked me a lot, got great marks in English, 90%+ always, then I change schools, teachers don't know me, doing same quality work, if not - better quality, and I get shit marks. And the new school I went to is ranked probably 250+ schools BELOW my old school.

Yeah don't worry, gave up on most teachers long ago. Still upsets me when I get a shit mark though.

I actually asked why I got such a poor mark for an older assessment (a collage... yes a collage in year 11), because I thought mine was really good. And the lady who marked it rang me up and pretty much told me how crap my assignment was, by saying it was "too obvious", and there was not enough "hidden meanings". Which again was useless because I had put tonnes of hidden meanings in, including colour, shadows, symbols etc.

Then that depressed me, so I never complained about my marks again.

What I need is to see the work of whoever is getting top marks. Is it reasonable to ask my teacher for past top marked examples?
It's perfectly reasonable to ask for top marked examples.

Students should be able to ask for top marked examples

astroman

HSC
anyone know wtf this is asking for regarding mod b essay:
Texts continue to engage responders through their challenging insights into the human condition. In the light of your critical study does this statement resonate with your interpretation of the prescribed text.

StudyToDeath

HSC
Can a school do this or is this is just standard?

A student receives a mark of 44.5/50 however when this is put into the computer system by the teachers it is rounded to 45/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)