2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Off my head I'm thinking of Guevara discovering the Incas again. So more a rediscover by mankind.

And uhhh... can't think anymore. Haven't revised AOS since last year :(
Does a redefined opinion count as a re-discovery? :O My related text is Go Back to Where You Came From, and everything coming into my head is new stuff (as the people involved in this documentary were transformed due to their personal experiences with the refugees).

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Does a redefined opinion count as a re-discovery? :O My related text is Go Back to Where You Came From, and everything coming into my head is new stuff (as the people involved in this documentary were transformed due to their personal experiences with the refugees).
Redefined opinion could be a consequence of rediscovery, but I don't think it is the reason (or catalyst or motive or whatever) for rediscovery.

Edit: No, actually, it could be a catalyst for later rediscovery. A changed opinion/attitude can lead to a new set of values, which would potentially lead someone to rediscover themselves, someone else, somewhere else...

I think discovery/rediscovery go hand in hand. If you discovered a new culture through experiences with refugees, perhaps you have rediscovered your humanity? I don't know your text, so I have no idea... but yeah, just tweak it :).

Last edited:

teridax

HSC
N/A
kinda shitting myself with hamlet atm. esp. cos of the fact that i need to address so much fkn content in the text itself. srsly, what is textual integrity. what the fuck does BOSTES what us to do. im sao lost lol

Chris_S

HSC
Textual integrity was my question for mod b in my half yearly for speeches im pretty sure!

rawrliongirl

HSC
is it just me? or does anyone else feel that no matter how hard they try they just can't be productive during the day and find that they can accomplish way more at night?

rawrliongirl

HSC
kinda shitting myself with hamlet atm. esp. cos of the fact that i need to address so much fkn content in the text itself. srsly, what is textual integrity. what the fuck does BOSTES what us to do. im sao lost lol
oh god textual integrity ;_; (T__T)
i'm always 100% lost when writing my essays. i just don't know what these ppl want anymore. =.=

rawrliongirl

HSC
I only start studying 11am + some days even after lunch. But then go till night.
i tried starting like 3 hours ago and all i've written is a really bad introduction to my essay :/
i just can't focus ;_;

Flop21

HSC
i tried starting like 3 hours ago and all i've written is a really bad introduction to my essay :/
i just can't focus ;_;
If you're getting nowhere do something else. Once you've been at something for a while or studying too long your productivity drops, well at least mine does. I take a break and maybe get something to eat.

pomsky

HSC
If you're getting nowhere do something else. Once you've been at something for a while or studying too long your productivity drops, well at least mine does. I take a break and maybe get something to eat.
Except what happens after is the break magically extends itself again, and again.
And all of a sudden.
It's morning. (i crie)

Occupied

HSC
N/A
guys does anyone know legit reasons to get a scribe? not trying for fraud or anything lol but i was told to investigate getting one by my english teacher which is worrying me

halp

Occupied

HSC
N/A
lol, cheers

because my english marks have been fluctuating a bit throughout the year; some were good, some were terrible rofl

as a result, my rank has suffered, but this was b4 my mod B task, so hopefully i can pick up my game
o
yeh gl m8
but if u tried ur best in ur assessments u dont need redemption cuz theres nothing u could've done even if shit marks
u know?

astroman

HSC
any1 know if schools are allowed to modify the cssa exams? My school has barely finished M&G let alone begun I2I, so what are they gonna do?

Flop21

HSC
any1 know if schools are allowed to modify the cssa exams? My school has barely finished M&G let alone begun I2I, so what are they gonna do?
They could write their own?

So I'm a bit confused about these CSSA exams, do most schools use them even if they're not catholic schools?

PPPPlatypus

HSC
guys does anyone know legit reasons to get a scribe? not trying for fraud or anything lol but i was told to investigate getting one by my english teacher which is worrying me

halp
Legit reasons include:
CRIPPLING PAIN WHENEVER YOU WRITE (I have a medical condition where I'm eligible for a scribe but chose to write and take rest breaks)
and also other things

Non legit reasons include:
Messy hand writing :p

Your English teacher needs to chill :) Maybe take a photo of your hand writing and we can see if we can read it?

Also it's pretty hard to get provisions at this stage.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

halp
Perhaps she wants you to get one because of your hand writing?

Usually when the student's writing is illegible they allow the student to use a scribe

There are other exceptions such as writing under the national writing speed, broken hand (One of the 2014 BoSer's got a stress fracture in the lead up to the HSC but still got a 97 in Advanced English), etc.

I wouldn't recommend using one at this point in time because you will have little time to get used to using a scribe effectively in regards to communication, etc.

astroman

HSC
Post a pic of ur handwriting so we can conclude whether it is as shit as ur teacher claims it to be

PPPPlatypus

HSC
How are you guys studying for English? Are you guys making any basic notes or just going straight to essays?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
What ...

You must've already finished your option (astro) already right?

That would be pretty cool doing it straight after space :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)