2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantine

HSC
My school gives to the most all-rounded student in year 12 i.e. academically, extra-curricular, sporting
Yeah it generally goes to the person who tops all the subjects in the grade
I find that really interesting.
Whether or not the conventional definition of a dux is better is up for debate of course.

Flop21

HSC
What about those sponsored awards? Do you guys have cash awards?

I remember I always thought those were unfair, because I didn't know how they worked them out and people who were doing poorer than me academically got them over me (I never got one). And it would ALWAYS be the same person getting them every year...

turntaker

HSC
What about those sponsored awards? Do you guys have cash awards?

I remember I always thought those were unfair, because I didn't know how they worked them out and people who were doing poorer than me academically got them over me (I never got one). And it would ALWAYS be the same person getting them every year...
its just school , get over it lel

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
What sort of raw mark should I be aiming for if I wanted a band 5 in English Advanced? Does Advanced scale really well?

Flop21

HSC
its just school , get over it lel
Are you asking me to stop talking about school... on a public school forum... in a thread related to school?

If something's unfair, I can comment on it and justly get annoyed by it.

turntaker

HSC
Are you asking me to stop talking about school... on a public school forum... in a thread related to school?

If something's unfair, I can comment on it and justly get annoyed by it.
Yeah you can talk about school,
sorry I am just over it at the moment.

you can continue :D

Flop21

HSC
Yeah you can talk about school,
sorry I am just over it at the moment.

you can continue :D
well i'm actually very bitter about the whole thing, as you can tell lol

it wasn't just school, there was lots of money involved, and the whole system was rigged (and I worked very hard one particular year)

ANYWAY. I'm struggling to study so much right now. Business studies just makes me want to rip my eyeballs out, it's so boring. I'm 100% glad I'm not doing any commerce / business degree next year. I could study any other subject for hours, yet business... lord help me pls.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Sounds too good to be true.
Ikr, a 66 (raw) equates to an Band 5, but then again, these are raw marks which students have purchased from BOSTES and I would assume the numbers they enter are true.

matchalolz

HSC
is it too late to drop a subject rn? If we realise halfway through the holidays that we want to drop something do we have to end up doing it anyways just coz no more school?

teridax

HSC
N/A
is it too late to drop a subject rn? If we realise halfway through the holidays that we want to drop something do we have to end up doing it anyways just coz no more school?
assuming that you have completed your trials and received your results, it's probably redundant to drop a subject at this rate. you have less than two months till paper 1 begins so you may as well keep it. what were you thinking of dropping though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)