2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
not sure how u can sleep at 8 m8
slept at 2 yesterday, couldnt fall asleep for hours lel
Yeah probably why I'm so tired right now, I was super nervous yesterday and kept waking up and just couldn't fall back to sleep.

Can someone tell me the main ideas of each of my texts, or whatever ones you're also doing:

mod a - ebb + tgg (comparative study > main theme in both is love > what is the main thing they ask about, human concerns??)

mod b - hamlet (critical study > is this usually textual integrity?)

mod c - the crucible (new topic so probably no one knows, probably to do with politics, power, relationships)

teridax

HSC
N/A
Yeah probably why I'm so tired right now, I was super nervous yesterday and kept waking up and just couldn't fall back to sleep.

Can someone tell me the main ideas of each of my texts, or whatever ones you're also doing:

mod a - ebb + tgg (comparative study > main theme in both is love > what is the main thing they ask about, human concerns??)

mod b - hamlet (critical study > is this usually textual integrity?)

mod c - the crucible (new topic so probably no one knows, probably to do with politics, power, relationships)
mod a - idea 1 is treatment of women (EBB repudiates Victorian patriarchal social hegemony, TGG critiques the marginalisation of the female identity in the Roaring Twenties). idea 2 is spirituality (love is transcendental in the Sonnets, whilst there is the rise of secular humanism in Fitzgerald's milieu)

mod b - corruption and false appearances/delay/psychological volatility/philosophical dichotomies/impermanence of human existence

mod c - power used to achieve political aims (idea 1), power used to create ambiguity of what is portrayed (idea 2)

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
mod a - idea 1 is treatment of women (EBB repudiates Victorian patriarchal social hegemony, TGG critiques the marginalised of the female identity in the Roaring Twenties). idea 2 is spirituality (love here is transcendental in the Sonnets, whilst there is the rise of secular humanism in Fitzgerald's milieu)

mod b - corruption and false appearances/delay/psychological volatility/philosophical dichotomies/impermanence of human existence

mod c - power used to achieve political aims (idea 1), power used to create ambiguity of what is portrayed (idea 2)
Okay I've got similar stuff.

Mod A I didn't talk about women, but I talked about spirituality and then ideal love (how both authors show that real love is needed).

teridax

HSC
N/A
Okay I've got similar stuff.

Mod A I didn't talk about women, but I talked about spirituality and then ideal love (how both authors show that real love is needed).
you'd naturally integrate the role of women in love and spirituality, tbh

you'll be fine though - just ensure you actually answer the Q

Flop21

HSC
Okay good luck everyone for tomorrow. Stay calm and have fuN.

atargainz

HSC
yep good luck everyone, we're almost at the end of english forever, lets kill this shit (unless they fucken specify a poem for mod b then nah i'm getting an 80 atar)

Ekman

HSC
Anybody reckon they would ask for 2 ORT's for mod c? I personally don't think so, but you never know...

Loudvicuna

HSC
Once I'm memorising shit, the different essays all intermingle in my head and its hard to sort them out

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Anybody reckon they would ask for 2 ORT's for mod c? I personally don't think so, but you never know...
I'd say its 40:60 with that module with asking for an extra related text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)