2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

band6man

HSC
If you get a 97 ATAR, you're top ~3% of the state, so yeah you're above a lot of people in terms of the HSC.
You get ranked against people that don't do it so if you think about it ATARs of 70 are rubbish.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
That was just a figure of speech, if you want an honest answer I'll probably beat 80% of them. I only need 97.5 atar to get into advanced engineering. I bet these sheltered ruse kids will do medicine because their parents told them to and take 10 years to become a dr and then make mediocre money as GP lmao, meanwhile I'll be making 300k/year working at NASA.
a) 97.5 puts you well below the Ruse median
b) why are you doing advanced engineering instead of, say, usyd's space engineering if you want to work in aerospace
c) good luck getting a job working at NASA as a foreign national, you might be relegated to one of NASA's ISPs or a contractor to NASA if you're that keen though

band6man

HSC
Do you think you're state ranking any subjects?
Yes probably business studies

a) 97.5 puts you well below the Ruse median
b) why are you doing advanced engineering instead of, say, usyd's space engineering if you want to work in aerospace
c) good luck getting a job working at NASA as a foreign national, you might be relegated to one of NASA's ISPs or a contractor to NASA if you're that keen though
a) I didn't say I was getting an atar of 97.5, I'll probably get 99.5
b) I'm going to do aerospace engineering at sydney uni
c) You can get citizenship in the US if they value you enough, my cousin has already done it.

Flop21

HSC

c) You can get citizenship in the US if they value you enough, my cousin has already done it.
Why USYD not UNSW?

Chris_S

HSC
I'm cautious about putting up any sort of guide/notes/tutoring posts until I get my HSC results, it seems a bit disingenuous to do otherwise. Like I can see why Dr Soccerball put something up because he did accelerated, but these kids putting up guides/selling their notes/offering tutoring may well be dreadful.
I deleted mine

Chris_S

HSC

Haha you are classic lol

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
still inferior to a lot of ruse kids lol, but fair cop on c

for b, what are you referring to with aerospace? I didn't think there was an aerospace undergrad degree, only aeronautical (space) which is a higher cutoff than 97.5?? I could be wrong about that though

Why USYD not UNSW?
Yeah the troll is right I think, usyd does have a more reputable aeronautical pathway than unsw

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
That was just a figure of speech, if you want an honest answer I'll probably beat 80% of them. I only need 97.5 atar to get into advanced engineering. I bet these sheltered ruse kids will do medicine because their parents told them to and take 10 years to become a dr and then make mediocre money as GP lmao, meanwhile I'll be making 300k/year working at NASA. They have no idea how the world works, NO IDEA.
but what about the other 20%????? U r too intelligent to get beaten by them!!!!1!!1!

on a serious note - getting 99.5 probably only places you in the top 35% at ruse LOL

Last edited:

pomsky

HSC
That was just a figure of speech, if you want an honest answer I'll probably beat 80% of them. I only need 97.5 atar to get into advanced engineering. I bet these sheltered ruse kids will do medicine because their parents told them to and take 10 years to become a dr and then make mediocre money as GP lmao, meanwhile I'll be making 300k/year working at NASA. They have no idea how the world works, NO IDEA.
You must be high if you think it's that easy to get into NASA.

Just being 'good' at maths won't cut it. Even if it's the most critical subject you've learned in our very, very sheltered secondary schooling. o_O But rather, if you're as good as you say, then why didn't you apply to go overseas? There's plenty more opportunities if you were to graduate from an extremely credited university in America/UK/wherever.

band6man

HSC
still inferior to a lot of ruse kids lol, but fair cop on c

for b, what are you referring to with aerospace? I didn't think there was an aerospace undergrad degree, only aeronautical (space) which is a higher cutoff than 97.5?? I could be wrong about that though

Yeah the troll is right I think, usyd does have a more reputable aeronautical pathway than unsw
I think it's higher than 97.5 doesn't really matter I'll get in easily anyway

You must be high if you think it's that easy to get into NASA.

Just being 'good' at maths won't cut it. Even if it's the most critical subject you've learned in our very, very sheltered secondary schooling. o_O But rather, if you're as good as you say, then why didn't you apply to go overseas? There's plenty more opportunities if you were to graduate from an extremely credited university in America/UK/wherever.
Your advice has been noted thanks palster

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Nothing special my man, HSC was really easy for me so I just continued with my regular routines. Been hanging out with my girlfriend alot though. What have you been doing ?
Well seeing as you're God's gift to intellect I figured you'd have a grasp on basic spelling. Guess not tho aye

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Might seem like a stupid question but is it possible to transfer from WSU to UNSW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)