2016 HSC Chemistry Exam Predictions (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
Do they try and test something from every subdotpoint (like 1.2, 1.3 etc) ?

And really hoping for industrial theirs nothing on cells I'm sleepy af atm so will wake up at around 5-6 to study. Btw for the equilibrium Constant in 2015 were the conc halved because volume doubled?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Do they try and test something from every subdotpoint (like 1.2, 1.3 etc) ?

And really hoping for industrial theirs nothing on cells I'm sleepy af atm so will wake up at around 5-6 to study. Btw for the equilibrium Constant in 2015 were the conc halved because volume doubled?
Yep. The concentrations found are halved anyway using c = n/v

AFAIK they don't test for every dot point, as in 2015 there were no AAS questions.

off-topic: for some reason, a study guide said to divide the indicies by the volume i.e. if its like 2A + B <-> C + D with 10 L,
It would be like [C]^0.1*[D]^0.1/[A]^0.2 ^0.1.

I'm assuming this is wrong as I've never seen anyone else do it.

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
53.4% is correct.
Logically, there can't be 90% of carbonate in seashells since seashells are mainly comprised on calcium carbonate. Hence it would be a close 50/50 with calcium and carbonate (with some impurities of course)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
What do u guys reckon like raw mark for b6 will be I say it will be like 84ish cause it was one of the easiest papers they have put out. Also, just hypothetically (not saying going to get this) but would a 95-99 raw be a state rank (I think I have a very good chance cause I got 98 and 99 in my trial exams which was like 15 marks in front of 2nd in both)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
What do u guys reckon like raw mark for b6 will be I say it will be like 84ish cause it was one of the easiest papers they have put out. Also, just hypothetically (not saying going to get this) but would a 95-99 raw be a state rank (I think I have a very good chance cause I got 98 and 99 in my trial exams which was like 15 marks in front of 2nd in both)
Last year someone got 97 in chem (exam mark 96, assessment 98) and stateranked. Their raw mark was 91. If you get 95 then you are definitely state ranking I think.

trecex1

HSC
Huh, were you supposed to talk about your biopolymer in that question? I mentioned it briefly but mostly justified biopolymer research as a whole rather than just PHB.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Huh, were you supposed to talk about your biopolymer in that question? I mentioned it briefly but mostly justified biopolymer research as a whole rather than just PHB.
That's what I did too.

I'm not sure if RuiAce from AN understood that question clearly himself?

trecex1

HSC
That's what I did too.

I'm not sure if RuiAce from AN understood that question clearly himself?
Isn't that apparatus x question pointing only at the condenser? Not the whole setup? I'm actually doubting myself so much after reading the suggested solutions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)