2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
Just a reminder to all of you 2016ers

Your half yearly marks only give you a brief indication as to where you are at right now. I always say that classically they are your worst exams but it's mainly because the difference between these and trials/HSC is that you don't have a proper study break for it.

Study as hard as possible for these exams, but do not expect maximum output out of how you go. And try not to be deterred by your results; a ton of students improve between now and the HSC (which is unsurprising, because even after the trials students still improve).

turntaker

HSC
Just a reminder to all of you 2016ers

Your half yearly marks only give you a brief indication as to where you are at right now. I always say that classically they are your worst exams but it's mainly because the difference between these and trials/HSC is that you don't have a proper study break for it.

Study as hard as possible for these exams, but do not expect maximum output out of how you go. And try not to be deterred by your results; a ton of students improve between now and the HSC (which is unsurprising, because even after the trials students still improve).
cool story bro

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Last minute announcement: Me, KoA, ze- and UnbiasedProductivity are meeting at State Library tomorrow for the entirety of it's business hours. Crash by if you want.

StudiousStudent

HSC
Hi fellow 2016ers.

I just wanted to remind you all to take care of yourselves. By all means work hard and play hard. Just be mindful of the impact it can have on your wellbeing. I had a bad experience in the early hours of this morning, and it scared me.

I went to bed around 11pm Fri, and felt unwell around 4am. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. My head felt too heavy and I couldn't stand so I crawled. I was ice cold and couldn't stop shaking, or speak coherently.

I called out and woke my parents up, and my mum had to hold me on the toilet because I was almost falling off (not my finest moment). She's a nurse and she took my blood pressure and it was 74/52. Anything below 90 is considered low blood pressure, with 120 being ideal.

I've been pushing myself too hard with school and extracurriculars, and have been neglecting my diet. I'm anaemic, lacking vitamin D, not drinking enough water and not eating frequently enough. That - combined with sporadic sleeping patterns - was responsible for causing my episode.

Do not end up like I was today, it's preventable!

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Hi fellow 2016ers.

I just wanted to remind you all to take care of yourselves. By all means work hard and play hard. Just be mindful of the impact it can have on your wellbeing. I had a bad experience in the early hours of this morning, and it scared me.

I went to bed around 11pm Fri, and felt unwell around 4am. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. My head felt too heavy and I couldn't stand so I crawled. I was ice cold and couldn't stop shaking, or speak coherently.

I called out and woke my parents up, and my mum had to hold me on the toilet because I was almost falling off (not my finest moment). She's a nurse and she took my blood pressure and it was 74/52. Anything below 90 is considered low blood pressure, with 120 being ideal.

I've been pushing myself too hard with school and extracurriculars, and have been neglecting my diet. I'm anaemic, lacking vitamin D, not drinking enough water and not eating frequently enough. That - combined with sporadic sleeping patterns - was responsible for causing my episode.

Take care

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Hi fellow 2016ers.

I only play hard and study weak :')
Get well soon studious, get back and smash the assessments :D

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

ml125

HSC
Hi fellow 2016ers.

I hope you feel better soon :)

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Hi fellow 2016ers.

I hope you feel better soon!

I complete second this, I work like crazy a lot of the time and sometimes I feel really sick from it. The HSC is important, but not as important as your health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)