• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orwell

HSC
Feminism is stumping men's confidence. You ask some chick out, next thing you know, you're on the main cover of an article done by The Guardian.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I think it's a useful process, that at it's core has a lot of benefits, but is also very heavily tied to a dangerously sexist framework, that can be ultimately damaging.

That's why we've seen a trend in the movement from Outer Game to Inner Game, and then to the abandonment of PUA culture in favour of more well-rounded self-development.
Definitely, the negative stigma towards PUA and the media upbringing of the Rape Culture just brings poor reputation on the community and it's purpose.

Heard of Mark Manson? Famous blogger. Used to write a lot on vulnerability and getting girls. First self help book I've read that changed me, Models. He decided to change the topic on his blog to focus more on life choices, instead of getting girls. The thing about pickup because it makes people treat females as a trophy, like sex is the end goal.

You seem to know a lot about self help. Hard to meet a person with similar interests.

Orwell

HSC
Yep, that's me. The authoritative dickhead with a hankering for subservience amongst females.

We achieved gender equality ages ago. In the West, gender equality was accomplished say 40-50 years ago. Feminism is a joke right now, no-one knows what it is. It could stand for nothing and fall for everything.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Definitely, the negative stigma towards PUA and the media upbringing of the Rape Culture just brings poor reputation on the community and it's purpose.

Heard of Mark Manson? Famous blogger. Used to write a lot on vulnerability and getting girls. First self help book I've read that changed me, Models. He decided to change the topic on his blog to focus more on life choices, instead of getting girls. The thing about pickup because it makes people treat females as a trophy, like sex is the end goal.

You seem to know a lot about self help. Hard to meet a person with similar interests.
Read Manson a few years ago. I was the one who suggested it to Shadowdude.

Nowadays I'm reading more business-y stuff (I Will Teach You To Be Rich, Give & Take etc), than PUA stuff.

Oh, and this podcast: http://theartofcharm.com/

Got some great stuff.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Read Manson a few years ago. I was the one who suggested it to Shadowdude.

Nowadays I'm reading more business-y stuff (I Will Teach You To Be Rich, Give & Take etc), than PUA stuff.

Oh, and this podcast: http://theartofcharm.com/

Got some great stuff.
I'm reading more about success in life, books like the 48 Laws of Power and Stop Worrying and Start Living. I started at PUA and honestly, self help changes the lives of people. Instead of seeking a relationship as a priority before, it's more now about trying to be satisfied and happy with my life.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yep, that's me. The authoritative dickhead with a hankering for subservience amongst females.

We achieved gender equality ages ago. In the West, gender equality was accomplished say 40-50 years ago. Feminism is a joke right now, no-one knows what it is. It could stand for nothing and fall for everything.
lol, assuming gender equality was achieved in the west (it isn't, it really, really isn't), then you're still missing a huge, huge part of the global population.

it's comments like this that show why feminism is still needed. It's people like you who fuel the need for a feminist movement.

Orwell

HSC
How?

Also, if the feminists of today were truly trying to help the women who were less fortunate, fine. But all we're getting is bullshit articles from people like Jessica Valenti that do more bad than good and slut walks.

Edit: In what ways are women disadvantaged?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
How?

Also, if the feminists of today were truly trying to help the women who were less fortunate, fine. But all we're getting is bullshit articles from people like Jessica Valenti that do more bad than good and slut walks.

Edit: In what ways are women disadvantaged?
There's a stark difference between feminists and feminazis

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Orwell

HSC
Even so, feminism is redundant now. The good ladies from back when did their job.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Feminism is a bad word. It should be replaced with Gender Equality.

Orwell

HSC
Feminists are helping breed a society of hypersensitive retards. They are teaching women that it's okay to be fat slobs because you're beautiful no matter what, then they're hating on men because we won't date them or give them the time of day, and when we do give them the time of day, we're sexual deviants and predators. *Insert confused black girl meme now*

leehuan

HSC
Some things are fair enough but what "feminism" gets associated in contemporary society starts to focus on quite some extreme (not necessarily extremIST though) perspectives and biased viewpoints

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
it's ok honey, you just let out all the mean things those fem'nists did

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Even so, feminism is redundant now. The good ladies from back when did their job.
How?
There are still countries that forbid/discourage women to get a basic education. There 10 year old girls in india are married off to some 50 year old guy, and it's a common occurrence.

Normally idgaf when women preach about 'feminism' but it's undeniable gender inequality is still a real thing in this day and age.

Orwell

HSC
it's ok honey, you just let out all the mean things those fem'nists did
I can't, men can't be victims of sexism obviously!!!!!

Seriously, give me something to work with.

And to Sien. I understand, but I'm talking about the West, we've achieved gender equality here. These feminists can't live and let live, and keep making bullshit excuses as to why the West is not gender-equal. This only proves to be an impediment on working towards complete gender-equality.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I get both sides of this debate, actually. The world still needs feminism - we haven't yet reached the point where both genders are treated equally everywhere. On that note, however, there's a difference between fighting for the rights of women who aren't even allowed to leave their own homes, and are practically 'owned' by their husbands, and "muh patriarchy fatshaming cisscum shitlord male pig #triggered". Often I find that these "fake feminists" (aka 'feminazis') fixate on one first-world-problem-esque point rather than these real issues that real people are facing all over the world, and propose extreme "solutions" that are often inherently sexist or otherwise discriminatory or unfair themselves.

I'd like to add a bit of a note about my perspective on the topic of "gender equality" and "equality" in general. I don't believe everyone should be made equal. Should we all be equal in human rights? Of course. Should we all have equal opportunity? Yes! Should someone be handicapped or disadvantaged to create artificial equality for others? Absolutely not. Rather than trying to make everyone the same we should be trying to accept everyone's differences. We aren't made to be all the same. We're always going to be inherently different from one another. In a concrete example: women should be allowed to participate in the same sports as men, alongside men. However, men shouldn't be handicapped and women shouldn't be advantaged to make the game "fair". Say a woman wants to wrestle a man - she should be given the opportunity. However, she shouldn't expect the man to go any easier on her than he would with anyone else. There is (more often than not) a difference between the physiology of men and women. This isn't something we should try to make "equal".

Workplaces hiring shouldn't be forced to hire and equal amount of men and women - this is again, artificial 'equality'. Men and women alike should be considered equally for a position, and the one more qualified should get the job, regardless of gender.

Of course, we know this doesn't always happen. Only in an idealised world would everything just work out like that, and this world isn't one. There will always be sexists, just like there'll always be racists, or murderers, or evil English teachers that hate everything about you and your essay, however, just because inequality exists, doesn't mean we can justify more of it.

You can't fight inequality with more inequality.

Orwell

HSC
Preach.

Radical feminists have instilled so much fear that corporations are actually more inclined to hire females in fear of being labelled sexists. This undermines the potential quality that could be supplanted instead.

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
How?
There are still countries that forbid/discourage women to get a basic education. There 10 year old girls in india are married off to some 50 year old guy, and it's a common occurrence.

Normally idgaf when women preach about 'feminism' but it's undeniable gender inequality is still a real thing in this day and age.

Bro that's fcking pedo and illegal in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)