2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Next test is out of 35 so If I want to come 1st I would need to beat the first by 6 marks

Jakulore

HSC
Oh I see. It's all about gradually making your way back up to the top though! If fair play doesn't work, I hear sabotage is a viable option... Not that I would know anything about that. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll be fine, you don't usually get a good judge of how everyone will be ranked until maybe the 3rd assessment? Everyone will have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Orwell

HSC
My teacher taught me to never share resources and to never help my fellow peers, as the HSC was cutthroat.

In other news, completed my Eng Ext 1 story, feeling proud.

Jakulore

HSC
My teacher taught me to never share resources and to never help my fellow peers, as the HSC was cutthroat.

In other news, completed my Eng Ext 1 story, feeling proud.
Eng Ext 1 story?

Prelim Bio was pretty cutthroat for my cohort, I remember I used to give people in my class some false information to throw them off a bit if they asked... Though ultimately I did help them in the end, only because I don't want them dragging me down at HSC time.

Orwell

HSC
Yeah, I have the same ideology. You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

And yeah, had a story to complete for English Extension 1 centred around 'The Nature of Evil', pretty interesting.

ml125

HSC

And yeah, had a story to complete for English Extension 1 centred around 'The Nature of Evil', pretty interesting.
Oh yeah do you still need people to check over that? I wouldn't mind lol pm me or smth :p

This is for the portfolio task right? Wrote an appropriation of King Lear for 'Manifestation of the Monster' :'DDDD prelim dayz omfg

Jakulore

HSC

That's the way to succeed in life.

Oh sounds interesting, I enjoy doing writing pieces for English Extension. It's unfortunate though now as we do Sci-Fi which I enjoy to a certain extent but certainly do not enjoy writing a story about.

leehuan

HSC
Still trying to figure out what exactly I got out of English Advanced.

I honestly reckon EX2 is much more useful than any other English course in the HSC

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Still trying to figure out what exactly I got out of English Advanced.

I honestly reckon EX2 is much more useful than any other English course in the HSC
That's true only if you're good at it.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Eng Ext 1 story?

Prelim Bio was pretty cutthroat for my cohort, I remember I used to give people in my class some false information to throw them off a bit if they asked... Though ultimately I did help them in the end, only because I don't want them dragging me down at HSC time.
Damn your school is so competitive
But not saying mine isn't
But i have never seen people resort to such unethical methods in my school.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

leehuan

HSC
That's true only if you're good at it.
Good at it only typically implies better marks. (Assuming the discussion of laziness to be its distinct topic.)

Pretty sure I would've enjoyed doing a creative major work way more than analysing so many texts that completely bored me, and then to not even remember any quotes at all.

Jakulore

HSC
Damn your school is so competitive
But not saying mine isn't
But i have never seen people resort to such unethical methods in my school.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
It's because we have a mix of really smart Bio students and really dumb Bio students so the more intelligent ones are fighting it out to be at the top so that we are unaffected by our cohort... Fortunately I've been able to retain my Rank 1 rank since the beginning of Prelim Bio but I'm worried after Half-Yearlies because I screwed up a 6 marker... The Multiple Choice was difficult too surprisingly but I know I did better than everyone at that so I'm hoping it saves me :spzz:

Orwell

HSC
If someone has a question and I can answer it, I more than likely will. Only thing I don't do is send copies of my work over. For example, if someone in my english class wanted to read my story, I wouldn't send it over, I'd just make an excuse as to why I can't. However, I will ask them to send their's over so I know what I'm dealing with :S

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Eng Ext 1 story?

Why did you intentionally mislead your friends? Like, wouldn't they have a grudge against you if they found out what you told them was false?

Orwell

HSC
I will never mislead my friends or peers, ultimately, it's because they help me.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
At my school everyone helps one another, especially with bio, doing that by DE it's like a god sent when someone helps.
Maths is another thing, our teacher encourages us to work together if we can't get an answer independently.

leehuan

HSC
I got pissed during my HSC year cause I was always trying to help everyone but then nobody came to my aid so I just completely shut myself off at one point. Didn't really help them again at all until I got some proper attention.

Funnily enough though it was around the time we were studying for the real HSC I began aiding people again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)