2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I back memorising word to word lol
but it gets really though when I had to memorise 3 essays all 1.2k and a creative 800 words in 3 days for my prelims.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I'm not sure. Either way, you should always be prepared for the essay to ask for a specific format, because they can ask that.
Well I think the one they can ask for different formats is the creative but for the essay you can really only have an essay lol

leehuan

HSC
Well I think the one they can ask for different formats is the creative but for the essay you can really only have an essay lol
Think there was a year where they asked you for a letter format or something in a module. Best check and not just quote what I said though.
Pfft, no.
My 3u is decent, but im not SR material
But what if you are

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
lol I doubt they would ask that in the HSC or the whole state would be outraged but I'd be screwed for that even if I memorised quotes only. Yeah word for word.
NAh I've seen it happening before. Usually these types of questions test those who know how to manipulate a variety of texts, not just essays.
They totally did that a few years ago, my teacher told me how her class was ready to just cease to exist
Exactly, it something you should be prepared for
I back memorising word to word lol
but it gets really though when I had to memorise 3 essays all 1.2k and a creative 800 words in 3 days for my prelims.
This is exactly why I don't memorise essays, there's too much to remember and, not always can the original essay fit in with a new one that easily. Only thing you should remember is a creative
Pfft, no.
My 3u is decent, but im not SR material
Nah but you're ranked first. Also you had the chance to prepare past papers earlier than everyone else

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
English Extension 1 is a shit ton of work for 1 unit but it's also my favourite subject.

EE1 is so much better than advanced in terms of what you learn.
I agree, if the workload was reasonable, I would've probably stuck with it.

meDAawesome

HSC
lol the only reason I took extension english was for the 12 unit requirement then dropped it as soon as I could

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
They are only from school's tho not the actual HSC. School's can do what ever the fuck they want.
Yeah and I don't think my school would even be that troll to do that. Even if they did I'd still write the memorised essay if it was a speech

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Yeah and I don't think my school would even be that troll to do that. Even if they did I'd still write the memorised essay if it was a speech
Same..
if it was a srcipt I would adapt my memorised essay to a script
of it was a fkin blog..i would change my memorised essay to first person view

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
lol me too (pretty sure I do yeats)

Anyways I checked the most recent HSC papers and there doesn't seem to be any non-essay questions though

They've asked curveballs (e.g. the 2011 Hamlet question about the closing scene)

https://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu..../pdf_doc/2011-hsc-exam-english-advance-p2.pdf

And I get this feeling though, since we're the second last year to do AOS discovery, the BOSTES is probably already planning to mess us up in the HSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)