2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakulore

HSC
If you guys are CSDA, we might see each other. Dude, our team was going solid CSDA 4-0, one more win and we made it and then we came up against Gregs. We metaphorically raped them, I mean their parents knew it, you could see it in their eyes 'omg my son soooo stupid' and then the adjudicator awards it to Gregs and my teacher legit raged in front of the other team lmao. We then interrogated that teacher and he couldn't give us direct answers and started shaking and going red, what a joke.
That's unfortunate, yeah my team has had to deal with some pretty lousy adjudicators in the past, we haven't even done our first debate yet this year because both the adjudicator and/or the other team have postponed our debate FIVE times! It's getting really annoying.

Jakulore

HSC
I do this too, but sometimes it bothers me because I'm seeing less progress than I would if say I just focused on one assignment.
Yeah it just depends for me, like if they are both really long assignments I'll tackle them over different days but as a general I just like to be done so I don't have to feel any stress or guilt.

ml125

HSC
I always love debating, it's what brings me joy in school... And trophies ;)
I used to look forward to those friday nights so much :'))))) oh well honestly if I came back now would probably do so shit.

Our yr 10 team last year was so good tho lmao iirc they won state? ...then you see my team coUGHS .-.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I normally complete my assignments 1-2 weeks before the due date so that I don't feel stressed and so that I have time to receive feedback (if able).
We're not supposed to be able to receive feedback in my school. I always finish my assignments earlier which leaves time for studying for tests.

Jakulore

HSC
We're not supposed to be able to receive feedback in my school. I always finish my assignments earlier which leaves time for studying for tests.
We can receive feedback in Science subjects and Home ec subjects, but not for HSIE, English or Math (Obv). Idk about the other subjects...

StudiousStudent

HSC
I always love debating, it's what brings me joy in school... And trophies ;)
That's part of the reason why I want to do law, it'd enable me to argue in a court room.

I've never done debating in high school. In year 6 I was advised to 'Persue other outlets, as you're too argumentative' :confused2:

Jakulore

HSC
I want to pursue a career in law, though I don't know whether or not I want to be a barrister, but I don't think I would... Even though I love public speaking and stuff like that.

StudiousStudent

HSC
I want to pursue a career in law, though I don't know whether or not I want to be a barrister, but I don't think I would... Even though I love public speaking and stuff like that.
There's plenty of avenues you could choose in law.

I am a judge jury admirer though, so a barrister is something I'd be interested in.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
That's part of the reason why I want to do law, it'd enable me to argue in a court room.

I've never done debating in high school. In year 6 I was advised to 'Persue other outlets, as you're too argumentative' :confused2:
Isn't that the whole point of debating...?

Jakulore

HSC
There's plenty of avenues you could choose in law.

I am a judge jury admirer though, so a barrister is something I'd be interested in.
Yeah, I am open to the idea of being a barrister, I just doubt myself. Even though I love debating and public speaking, I did it as a way to get over my shyness and fear of public speaking (and here I am now as the captain and having won awards hahaha) but I still sometimes get those inherent feelings of fear, so I don't know if I'd be cut out to do that so often. But yeah, I still have plenty of time to explore my options, all I have to worry about now is getting into my law degree ;)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
fking medical physics
:/
yasss, i have a potential state ranker doing the same option as me. We're collaborating, idc what you say.

Actually im not 100% on what i am doing, i'm about to hit a dilemma. I'll make a thread on it soon so i can get everyone's opinions, stay tuned for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)