2017ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog1944

HSC
Now that there is a 2017ers thread, does that mean there is going to be 2017 math marathons?

si2136

HSC
N/A
IIRC you're doing accounting atm? Am I right? How hard is the maths in accounting (in your opinion)?
Accounting doesn't require much theoretical mathematics. I know a lot of people who don't do maths or did general that does Accounting.

leehuan

HSC
Accounting is just lots and lots of numbers.

General maths is more than sufficient for accounting.

rian

HSC
excited for year 12, especially art. Though not to sure how it will go, my school is very lazy and most of my class mates don't care at all even those doing more advanced subjects. I just hope the year goes well

tazmim

HSC
You still can make time, even without accelerating
still very hard, 3 sciences + 2u + 3u + 4u maths
what i heard 4U Maths is pretty different, as for 3U its not very different and smashing 3U means you can smash 2U easily. But then theres chemistry and physics to devote time into as well, physics is very theory-y in highschool :( biology is easy but you still need to memorise content and examples
i did the mistake of not choosing 3U maths (because if i did i either had to take 3u english as well or slr, im a lazy bum) and i kinda regret it, seeing the content itself its not very hard. thinking about doing it in year 12 but didnt do the prelims so im not sure

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
what i heard 4U Maths is pretty different, as for 3U its not very different and smashing 3U means you can smash 2U easily. But then theres chemistry and physics to devote time into as well, physics is very theory-y in highschool :( biology is easy but you still need to memorise content and examples
i did the mistake of not choosing 3U maths (because if i did i either had to take 3u english as well or slr, im a lazy bum) and i kinda regret it, seeing the content itself its not very hard. thinking about doing it in year 12 but didnt do the prelims so im not sure
You can easily catch up for 3U content. 3U Prelim content isn't even that hard. Ask your teachers for advice, and make sure to say you're eager to.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think you can do 3U maths out of school but you need the permission of your school principal to do so

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You can easily catch up for 3U content. 3U Prelim content isn't even that hard. Ask your teachers for advice, and make sure to say you're eager to.
I'm pree sure it's a BOSTES requirement that you must complete prelim 3U before going to HSC 3U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)