2017ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plane

HSC
N/A

Kolmias

HSC
1984 is more simplistic that's true but Orwell was just trying to make a point about the horrors of authotarianism.

I don't believe he ever set out to write the greatest book ever. 1984 and Animal Farm are both well written books but they're not the best written. Their main purpose is to act as political fables.

Simorgh

HSC
Yeah I agree.

Orwell was a genuine writer and there's lots to respect about him in terms of his motives to write 1984 and its sort. But have trouble understanding why a lot of people try to view him as some sorta high level visionary or prophet-like dude. I never quite understood.

Orwell

HSC
Yeah I agree.

Orwell was a genuine writer and there's lots to respect about him in terms of his motives to write 1984 and its sort. But have trouble understanding why a lot of people try to view him as some sorta high level visionary or prophet-like dude. I never quite understood.

In all seriousness, 1984 is a very poignant book. Interestingly enough, most of the sadness I felt when reading the book was at Winston's reminiscence of his mother and that relationship there.

Orwell

HSC
Haha, agreed - Orwell has a beautiful way of creating that atmospheric melancholy without explicitly going into it. I love him.

His writing was always an easy read; not necessarily a testament to how bad it was, he wasn't a pretentious twat that's for sure lol.

mini8658

HSC
N/A
Ello! (I just wanna complain about english man...if you've seen my recent threads, you'll see what I mean xD) But I should probs introduce myself before I start complaining right?????????

Mini!! :33 I'm doing my HSC this year so this thread's the right one for me :3 Nice to meet you ^-^

Orwell

HSC
My English Extension 1 teacher had a sheet stuck to the door of our classroom and all it said was '101' implying English was torture. :haha:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I wish we did 1984... we have to do Richard III/LFR and I don't like it because one of them is just someone acting out certain scenes of the play...
Richard III/LFR is really really good.. I think you're pretty ignorant to the value of 'someone acting our certain scenes of the play' - appreciate what you're learning and why you're learning it.
'

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
All the 4u kids..what are you guys up to? We are currently doing Conics and I really hate the topic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)