• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lol so if you do 3 internships instead of 1, then you'll raise your chances of landing a job?

Also aren't there part time jobs specifically for uni students in the area they are studying (e.g. for law students they could be a paralegal or a legal assistant)?

If an education/science uni student does tutoring in his/her spare time to earn money, will he/she raise the chances of landing a job?
1. yea with the obvious time constraints. that being said, it can also have a negative effect - someone whos basically interned everywhere under the sun gives the impression they don't really have a sense of loyalty - what's stopping you from basically doing the same thing when employed. its about developing a brand, and its never a good idea to spread yourself too thin

2. yea, but it depends on the area whether it's helpful or not. work experience in general is always helpful

3. idk, i would assume so

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
1. yea with the obvious time constraints. that being said, it can also have a negative effect - someone whos basically interned everywhere under the sun gives the impression they don't really have a sense of loyalty - what's stopping you from basically doing the same thing when employed. its about developing a brand, and its never a good idea to spread yourself too thin

2. yea, but it depends on the area whether it's helpful or not. work experience in general is always helpful

3. idk, i would assume so
1. Practically, doing an intern at 3 different companies doesn't look impressive but rather do it at the one place the whole time?

2. There isn't really much tbh like how I mentioned law students being paralegals and assistants and such. Other than that there are jobs such as marketing, Software engineering, ... hard to say since certain jobs require you to have..like requirements in that sense

3. I heard teachers have to deal with a wide range of kids, starting from lazy to disrespectful, to rude, to not willing to learn. It's not about teaching kids who wan to learn and such

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
1. Practically, doing an intern at 3 different companies doesn't look impressive but rather do it at the one place the whole time?

2. There isn't really much tbh like how I mentioned law students being paralegals and assistants and such. Other than that there are jobs such as marketing, Software engineering, ... hard to say since certain jobs require you to have..like requirements in that sense

3. I heard teachers have to deal with a wide range of kids, starting from lazy to disrespectful, to rude, to not willing to learn. It's not about teaching kids who wan to learn and such
1. A lot of it really depends of the field - what are you interested in?
I would say its better to develop a really good relationship with a company rather than somewhat superficially with three

2. Again what field/s?

3. I would say it's about both; a great teacher can deal with both underachievers and high-achievers.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Serious question but stupid but has anyone realised that the weather's gotten colder, it's like winter. No joke

Shuuya

HSC
Serious question but stupid but has anyone realised that the weather's gotten colder, it's like winter. No joke
Well the first month of Autumn is almost over, so it's about time it got colder haha

leehuan

HSC
What's the point? You're only going to spend like 2-3 days there
My grandparents from overseas are visiting for the first time since a good 10 years. And they're visiting Sydney and Melbourne (as two examples) as a part of a tour around Australia and NZ.

That and I'm a UNSW student. I have the full week off after Good Friday

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
My grandparents from overseas are visiting for the first time since a good 10 years. And they're visiting Sydney and Melbourne (as two examples) as a part of a tour around Australia and NZ.

That and I'm a UNSW student. I have the full week off after Good Friday
Wow lucky you :(

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
So how's everyone going in their studying of their exams? Getting distracted at all?

ml125

HSC
EXAMS ARE OVER!!! ;u;

Messed up my EE1 speech today lmao but I think I at least went kinda decent.. I interpreted the question so different to everyone else tho .-.

Shuuya

HSC
EXAMS ARE OVER!!! ;u;

Messed up my EE1 speech today lmao but I think I at least went kinda decent.. I interpreted the question so different to everyone else tho .-.
Yay! :D

I have a speech for Advanced on Tuesday, haven't finished writing it but it's already almost over the time limit ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)