2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Ahh, missed out on Ext 2. Maths by a rank. I might still be able to make it into the Ext 2. course if someone opted to drop down to Ext. 1 Maths. Finished 16th out of 88 students, and the top 15 in my school made the cut to Ext 2.
I also finished with a yearly exam mark of 93, so I was pretty happy with Ext. 1 in Year 11.
They have to let you in bc there's max 24 to a class. Restricting it to 15 isn't right

Sxerks3

HSC
They have to let you in bc there's max 24 to a class. Restricting it to 15 isn't right
Hm, yeah. I heard someone in my Ext. 1 Accelerated say it was 15, but I was pretty sure it was 24 people per class.

Mosski

HSC
Damn it makes me feel bad when I hear about the marks of you guys, I do English Standard and General Maths which isn't common on this forum and I'm pretty average in them. I need to up my game :\

laloola

HSC
N/A
^just to make you feel a lil bit better, I do standard english as well T_T kinda regret but don't regret

Mosski

HSC
^just to make you feel a lil bit better, I do standard english as well T_T kinda regret but don't regret
That's reliving but I guess it isn't that bad since my school is ranked 300+ so most people are in Standard with only one class being Advanced English. Their is only one person in Extension HAHA

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
My school only lets you in if you get like 95+/100 overall in the 2 unit HSC in year 11, so we only get like 5-8 people each year doing 4 unit maths so I guess it's just the school's decision.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Damn it makes me feel bad when I hear about the marks of you guys, I do English Standard and General Maths which isn't common on this forum and I'm pretty average in them. I need to up my game :\
Just curious but why didn't you pick advanced?

Choosing english standard is a deadly choice IMO because it's harder to get a band 6 (like really dead difficult)

You need to be ranked at least first in standard in your school to get a band 6

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
My school only lets you in if you get like 95+/100 overall in the 2 unit HSC in year 11, so we only get like 5-8 people each year doing 4 unit maths so I guess it's just the school's decision.
IMO I don't think they can judge it off purely 2U marks, they need to take 3U marks into account as well

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
WTF, your school must be very defensive about it's rank and doesn't want the lower kids to drag down the higher kids

What rank is it btw?
Well in the 60s but we're 6th in maths due to a high percentage of band 6's (due to less people doing it).

Mosski

HSC
Just curious but why didn't you pick advanced?

Choosing english standard is a deadly choice IMO because it's harder to get a band 6 (like really dead difficult)

You need to be ranked at least first in standard in your school to get a band 6
I didn't think I was good enough for Adavanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)