2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Other schools i can experiment with accelerated courses to bring up their rank while ruse and baulko have a rank to defend. Also y not see if it gives students the upper hand over the higher ranking schools?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
last year fort st ranked in the 30s even though they had the advantage of acceleration

Mach_1

HSC
they're only 5th

Sydney girls is ranked 3rd and have accelerated maths
Idk about syd girls. Maybe they want to filter out the bad students early on. I heard they start mechanics as the first tpoic in 4u while everyone else is doing complex. Just putting out an idea

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Idk about syd girls. Maybe they want to filter out the bad students early on. I heard they start mechanics as the first tpoic in 4u while everyone else is doing complex. Just putting out an idea

wtf...they probably want to disadvantage everyone who goes tutoring. That's probably why they start mechanics not complex

I heard from someone Sydney girls starts off with motion (for 3u iirc)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
wtf...they probably want to disadvantage everyone who goes tutoring. That's probably why they start mechanics not complex

I heard from someone Sydney girls starts off with motion (for 3u iirc)
please explain how this disadvantages them compared to the rest of the cohort lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
please explain how this disadvantages them compared to the rest of the cohort lol
mechanics is the second last 4U topic and when they start the HSC course (i.e. term 4 of year 11) they would've started complex numbers but unless they have a private tutor, then that's a different story

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
mechanics is the second last 4U topic and when they start the HSC course (i.e. term 4 of year 11) they would've started complex numbers but unless they have a private tutor, then that's a different story
Why does that mean they are disadvantaged?

Mach_1

HSC
Just a quick diversion
What do u guys do for extra curricular activities on a weekly basis and as one off events at school? I.e. representative sport

HSC
N/A
Just a quick diversion
What do u guys do for extra curricular activities on a weekly basis and as one off events at school? I.e. representative sport

I do Amnesty, Interact, debating, cloud 9, FACT, wednesday rec sport (badminton), chess team, st Johns, physics olympiad, and also DoE but recently quit

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I do Amnesty, Interact, debating, cloud 9, FACT, wednesday rec sport (badminton), chess team, st Johns, physics olympiad, and also DoE but recently quit
I don't know who you are but I'm just posting here to let you know that Chopin's Ballade No. 1 has long been my favourite piano piece.

You have fine taste.

HSC
N/A
I don't know who you are but I'm just posting here to let you know that Chopin's Ballade No. 1 has long been my favourite piano piece.

You have fine taste.
ty finally someone pointed out my username. I would presume you also appreciate fantasie impromptu and some chopin etudes as well?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
ty finally someone pointed out my username. I would presume you also appreciate fantasie impromptu and some chopin etudes as well?
Yep, amongst a fair few more of his pieces.

His Étude Op. 10 No. 4 is off the charts on the dexterity scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)