2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
Yep, amongst a fair few more of his pieces.

His Étude Op. 10 No. 4 is off the charts on the dexterity scale.
Oh wow have you tried learning op 10 no 4? pretty sure it's one of the most difficult in terms of technical difficulty out of the op 10 etudes. I do know how to play the op 10 no 5 black keys (from the movie) and op 10 no 2 though, but op 25 no 1 is currently my favourite.

Mach_1

HSC
Oooh I see.

I was planning on joining a while back, but thought it would be too late. Really regret it tho. :/
I only joined at the end of last year and recently got my membership.. isnt really all that late

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Idk about syd girls. Maybe they want to filter out the bad students early on. I heard they start mechanics as the first tpoic in 4u while everyone else is doing complex. Just putting out an idea

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Here are the most recent HSC school ranks:

http://bettereducation.com.au/results/hsc.aspx

Turns out Ruse's success rate is 10% more than North Sydney girls and North Sydney Girls' is only 2.8% ahead of Sydney Girls

I think that with ruse, they'll still be able to maintain first with acceleration given that their success rate is 10% ahead of North Sydney girls

Only a few more band 6's and then Sydney girls would've ranked 2nd

HSC
N/A
Here are the most recent HSC school ranks:

http://bettereducation.com.au/results/hsc.aspx

Turns out Ruse's success rate is 10% more than North Sydney girls and North Sydney Girls' is only 2.8% ahead of Sydney Girls

I think that with ruse, they'll still be able to maintain first with acceleration given that their success rate is 10% ahead of North Sydney girls

Only a few more band 6's and then Sydney girls would've ranked 2nd
The thing is there is no point in accelerating subjects such at Chem at ruse because the results won't be much different. However, Ruse does do tons of acc subjects in year 10 and 11 like pdhpe, drama, music, SDD, ag, and that is because those subjects are pretty easy and are guaranteed band 6s, and since the students sitting those exams are in year 10/11, it won't affect their actual HSC too much and hence the extra band 6s contribute to the DA% and hence the school rank.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
@Carrotsticks, does Yiruma make you emotional? It makes me depressed :(

Also is your favourite genre of music classic/piano

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The thing is there is no point in accelerating subjects such at Chem at ruse because the results won't be much different. However, Ruse does do tons of acc subjects in year 10 and 11 like pdhpe, drama, music, SDD, ag, and that is because those subjects are pretty easy and are guaranteed band 6s, and since the students sitting those exams are in year 10/11, it won't affect their actual HSC too much and hence the extra band 6s contribute to the DA% and hence the school rank.
How would accelerating in chem not make a differnece at ruse?

Although at ruse subs like PE, drama, SDD, ag aren't as mainstream as 3U/4U maths, phys or chem there is a point to accelerating to it...I guess...

They're success rate is only like 10% more than NSG

If only Sydney girls could beat NSG :(

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The very moment you rep too many people, you are restricting from repping ppl

HSC
N/A

Although at ruse subs like PE, drama, SDD, ag aren't as mainstream as 3U/4U maths, phys or chem there is a point to accelerating to it...I guess...

what makes you think accelerating chem/phys/math would pull the no. of band 6s up at ruse?

si2136

HSC
N/A

NSG always wreck Sydney Girls

And yr 11's do perform better usually than yr 12's in the HSC lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
NSG always wreck Sydney Girls

And yr 11's do perform better usually than yr 12's in the HSC lol
yeah but this year Sydney girls almost rekt north sydney girls by only like a 3% difference

ik

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
uh...because usually don't the accelerated yr 11's overtake the year 12's?
That's mostly because the kids who accelerate are the top of their own grade, which weakens their original grade
Theoretically it's a zero-sum game, because the gap left by the kids who accelerate up, will be filled by kids who accelerate from below
(I think D94 tried explaining this to you before)

there is an advantage of sorts in that accelerant's dont have as much to juggle both in yr11 and yr12
but it also reduced motivation I think, being out of the pressure of yr12

guess it depends

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Do you guys think having HSC markers as teachers make a big difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)