2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
NSG always wreck Sydney Girls

And yr 11's do perform better usually than yr 12's in the HSC lol
true, but the reason for that is because usually the top year 11 students are selected to accelerate. This means if a school decides to accelerate chem every year, then the top students of each grade would be gone (to accelerate in the grade above) and replaced with the top students of the grade below them, which essentially amounts to the same no. of band 6s. And I'd assume since the top students have less time to prepare as they skipped a year, the results would be slightly worsened.

HSC
N/A
That's mostly because the kids who accelerate are the top of their own grade, which weakens their original grade
Theoretically it's a zero-sum game, because the gap left by the kids who accelerate up, will be filled by kids who accelerate from below
(I think D94 tried explaining this to you before)

there is an advantage of sorts in that accelerant's dont have as much to juggle both in yr11 and yr12
but it also reduced motivation I think, being out of the pressure of yr12

guess it depends

looks like nailgun got to it before me

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
true, but the reason for that is because usually the top year 11 students are selected to accelerate. This means if a school decides to accelerate chem every year, then the top students of each grade would be gone (to accelerate in the grade above) and replaced with the top students of the grade below them, which essentially amounts to the same no. of band 6s. And I'd assume since the top students have less time to prepare as they skipped a year, the results would be slightly worsened.

good point though

ml125

HSC
This reminds me omfg

Yr 10 accelerants in 2u keep complaining about the exam date bc they have a science exam on the same day. Like wtf suck it up, physics is on the day and SOR - which most the cohort do, is the day before. fking hell.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
That's mostly because the kids who accelerate are the top of their own grade, which weakens their original grade
Theoretically it's a zero-sum game, because the gap left by the kids who accelerate up, will be filled by kids who accelerate from below
(I think D94 tried explaining this to you before)

there is an advantage of sorts in that accelerant's dont have as much to juggle both in yr11 and yr12
but it also reduced motivation I think, being out of the pressure of yr12

guess it depends
yeah I remember now

HSC
N/A
This reminds me omfg

Yr 10 accelerants in 2u keep complaining about the exam date bc they have a science exam on the same day. Like wtf suck it up, physics is on the day and SOR - which most the cohort do, is the day before. fking hell.
just wing science, who cares about year 10 when you have a 2u hsc math exam which actually counts towards your atar

HSC
N/A
[/B]

good point though
but i'd say being able to spend most of your year 11 perfecting your acc hsc subject whilst sabotaging your year 11 prelims is more advantageous cos its not like year 11 prelim matters that much and at the end of the day its your hsc subject that counts anyway. you can worry about your other subs later lmao

but what if you do 4U
What if you don't

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
but i'd say being able to spend most of your year 11 perfecting your acc hsc subject whilst sabotaging your year 11 prelims is more advantageous cos its not like year 11 prelim matters that much and at the end of the day its your hsc subject that counts anyway. you can worry about your other subs later lmao

What if you don't
prelim is really get you into the habit of the HSC although there are ppl who don't take prelim seriously. In prelim there is a buldup on things which go towards HSC (e.g. chem)

Good point but most (i'm pree sure) would want to do 4u maths since it sclaes really high

si2136

HSC
N/A
4u is life, we can't choose to do it, we get offered Lmao

Simorgh

HSC
We shouldn't be forced to do any subject let alone even English ! The English they teach at school doesn't help in real life.

If there had been more of a bigger difference in difficulty between standard and advanced I would have surely went for standard. Forget scaling and aligning !

I have an essay to do for to do for Thursday and I am panicking becoz I haven't read all the book on time! At least you have spark notes and shmoop to back u up :)

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
We shouldn't be forced to do any subject let alone even English ! The English they teach at school doesn't help in real life.

If there had been more of a bigger difference in difficulty between standard and advanced I would have surely went for standard. Forget scaling and aligning !

I have an essay to do for to do for Thursday and I am panicking becoz I haven't read all the book on time! At least you have spark notes and shmoop to back u up :)
But everyone gives a fck about english and it counts the most towards your HSC

JUST DO IT RIGHT NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)