2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
2017's almost over!

How did everyone's first term of Year 12 go?
Can't believe its December already :(

Not bad. Had fun, though it was super busy and I did NOT manage my time properly. Nevertheless I think I did well. How about you?

kendallkreene

HSC
Can't believe its December already :(

Not bad. Had fun, though it was super busy and I did NOT manage my time properly. Nevertheless I think I did well. How about you?
I didn't manage my time well either. :p In regards to my habits, it felt like a continuation of Year 11... DEFINITELY going to stop procrastinating and do as much as I can in the holidays. Nonetheless, I had fun and I was pretty happy with my rank/results SO FAR, despite my bad habits getting in the way.

PikyoK

HSC
2017's almost over!

IKR! 2017 and especially Term 1 of Year 12 went really fast!

In my opinion, I definitely worked hard and did well during Term 1 of Year 12. This was an overwhelming change from Year 11 since I was procrastinating right through Year 11.

mordecia

HSC
N/A
Got 75% for Business Studies (Was extremely disappointed that I didn't practice for the essay) 77% for Senior Science (Again disappointed but getting the assignment remarked) 80% General Maths (Should have studied more). Overall not a good start to the HSC year looking to improve greatly.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Got 75% for Business Studies (Was extremely disappointed that I didn't practice for the essay) 77% for Senior Science (Again disappointed but getting the assignment remarked) 80% General Maths (Should have studied more). Overall not a good start to the HSC year looking to improve greatly.
It's one assessment you can definitely improve. First assessment for business studies ranking wise I was probably near to a band 4 or 5, but I prepared differently and managed to snag a band 6. If you need help with setting out or whatever feel free to post a query in the business studies section of the forum.

alicm

HSC
2017's almost over!

I was definitely procrastinating more than I did in year 11, probably because I was beginning to get sick of assessments. Hopefully I'll recharge over Christmas break and get into the habit of studying regularly!

So far I've scored 100% in Advanced, Ext 2 Viva Voce and Legal but only 76% in Bio which is disappointing but a reminder that I need to improve.

kendallkreene

HSC
I was definitely procrastinating more than I did in year 11, probably because I was beginning to get sick of assessments. Hopefully I'll recharge over Christmas break and get into the habit of studying regularly!

So far I've scored 100% in Advanced, Ext 2 Viva Voce and Legal but only 76% in Bio which is disappointing but a reminder that I need to improve.
Wow, that's awesome!

We have our viva voce in February. Still want to the entirety of my first draft done before prepping in certain questions, though.

alicm

HSC
Wow, that's awesome!

We have our viva voce in February. Still want to the entirety of my first draft done before prepping in certain questions, though.
I think my school does the viva voce earlier than everyone else. I was really only asked about my journey to extension 2 (what lead me to where I am now), my idea for my project and my plan for how I'll complete it. I only had to do the viva voce with my ext 2 teacher so it was more of a guided conversation rather than a presentation. Good luck with your project and prepping for it in the holidays!

HoldingOn

HSC
What content/work is everyone planning to do this break? Also- 2017ers what did you do in the Christmas holidays?

Lumenoria

HSC
2017's almost over!

I'm currently ranked 1st in Legal with 100 and 3rd in Mathematics with 95 - the rest I've yet to receive, but I'm relatively confident that I achieved 90+ in all of them EXCEPT for Advanced English. Omg. I completely misread the question for the 5 marker in the short answers, so the max I can get for that is 12-13/15 - and that's assuming I got full marks in the remainder, which I highly doubt. Ugh, I'm so pissed off because I walked out of that exam really content but upon further discussion with peers, I realised I had completely sabotaged my performance by neglecting to read properly. I'm basically relying on my creative to pull my mark up at this point, but nonetheless I reckon the highest I can attain for that assessment is 80, which is less than ideal for its weighting of bloody 30%. I swear to god I always fuck up Advanced English somehow, despite it inherently being one of my strongest subjects. Anyway, I suppose there's nothing to be done now... just praying to god that I got 90+ in everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
What content/work is everyone planning to do this break? Also- 2017ers what did you do in the Christmas holidays?
Wrote notes on the whole bio course and finished school HW (english HW took like a week lol, overloaded).

Shouldn't have bludged as much but I was planning to learn ahead for physics too. If I could redo that I'd do 2 modules of bio and 2 for physics rather than 3 for bio.

You should also practice maths so you don't forget and can even learn ahead.

kendallkreene

HSC
1. Complete three past papers for Advanced English. Get my teacher to mark one before completing the next.
2. Read, reread, read again my prescribed texts, do lots of analysis.
2. Read my prescribed texts for Extension English 1. At least plan out a creative because I am clueless on the genre (never been that big on sci-fi). Already have my arguments mapped out, but it may be too far-fetched to think of getting out a draft in the next month of so, with all I have going on.
3. Finish my major work (draft i) for Extension English 2 - 1/3s the way there.
4. Modern/Ancient = homework and notes, learn ahead by at least one section so I will be halfway through the entirety of the content.
5. Finish my composition (draft i) for Music 2 - 1/2 way there
6. Practice and drill my pieces.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
- layout ideas for vis arts BOW in VAPD, do some practice pieces
- do some case studies of artists
- art essay
- read prescribed texts for english
- write notes for math
- complete math hw
- learn next math chapter
- finish legal notes and write notes for world order
- write notes for society and culture
- refine PIP topic and finish secondary research

Frostguard

HSC
English- Read my prescribed text, making references to Module A (i dont even know what it is lmao)
Maths- uhh...... probs don't even need to do hw its genny maths
Bio- Read over bio textbook, maybe make notes (funny because prelim course i wrote notes and didnt hit past 70% and now Im so discouraged to write notes and my first assessment is 83% lol)
Legal- finish off the rest of crime notes and maybe start looking at shelter/human rights
Modern- finish off dot point 3 and 4 of WW1 and start reading/writing notes for indochina
Eco- read up on topic 2 content
History Ext- do my major project ;_;

you guys seem so set and concise about what you guys are gonna do in the holidays then theres me winging it lol

PikyoK

HSC
ART: Further practise on Year 12 Major
BIO: Revise content and familiarise future topics, Complete Assignment Task 1 (Maintaining a Balance)
ENGLISH: Revise Discovery, Read Prescribed Texts and Familiarise Distinctively Visual in Experience Through Language
MATHS: Revise Year 11 and Work and Familiarise on Year 12 Topics
ANCIENT HISTORY: Revise Pompeii and Familiarise Future Topics

And also past HSC Questions

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
Just sleep and chill. lol. Probs just skim through the whole course and read The Prince and Julius Caesar..

I got my bio: 100%
I didn't get my results for other subs cuz I didnt go last day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)