2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
For those studying humanity subjects - do you take notes from both the textbook and the teacher's resources or just the textbook?
For legal studies we haven't received any textbooks, just information booklets so I've been taking notes from those.
However, I think a textbook should be enough so long as it covers all syllabus points. If your teacher provides cases, articles, any important info not provided by textbooks, etc, definitely keep these in your notes as well since you can refer to them once exam time comes around.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
For legal studies we haven't received any textbooks, just information booklets so I've been taking notes from those.
However, I think a textbook should be enough so long as it covers all syllabus points. If your teacher provides cases, articles, any important info not provided by textbooks, etc, definitely keep these in your notes as well since you can refer to them once exam time comes around.
I know Business and Economics, none of the books appear to have all the information from the syllabus which be useful to borrow another different textbook from the library.

PikyoK

HSC
Remember to be quiet during HSC exams periods, remember that will be you next year, and the younger years may follow any approach you take.
That's exactly what my teachers and my principal says every morning at assembly! :p

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
That's exactly what my teachers and my principal says every morning at assembly! :p
Although it didn't appear to work during my HSC, we had people screaming in the library during exams :/

Despite signs saying "Exams are in process please be quiet".

PikyoK

HSC
Although it didn't appear to work during my HSC, we had people screaming in the library during exams :/

Despite signs saying "Exams are in process please be quiet".
It's funny because speaking of signs, I go to All Saints Grammar Secondary Campus in Belmore, Sydney and because it's a Greek school, whenever we had exams in the past, we had a sign saying "Exams in Progress" in English and "Quiet Please" in Greek. It almost helped but there were a few students outside the exam room making stupid loud noises that were quite hilarious. I wonder why they would have the audacity to do that. :p

A Leaf

HSC
Lucky you. I'll be 18 about a week before HSC results come out fml
We're not getting our jerseys till term 2 next year, which really pisses me off
Also, we got to vote between two colours and crests and the ones that won aren't very nice... I could rant about it all day but I'll stop there lmao
damn that's ages!! We got ours Thursday last week :)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
So has anyone done an assessment already? Or is that in a couple weeks time?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Hehe I've got most of my assessments crammed into the last two weeks of term, which is also when I'll have to host assemblies, orientation day, and have mine and a friend's birthday :spin:
For once I'm actually wishing I could do my assessments early lol

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
damn that's ages!! We got ours Thursday last week :)
Oooo lucky!
I think my school only gets ours late because its a "winter uniform only" thing :(
Really not worth it if we're paying $100 for a jacket we only get to wear for two terms

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
We got our assessment booklet today! Got one of each of my subjects in each term basically, range of tests and assessments.
No chem half yearly though, we have an HSC exam questions portfolio.
^^ Basically we get tasked with a bunch of questions where we hand in drafts and stuff to improve our answers before handing in a final copy - worth 20% of internals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
We got our assessment booklet today! Got one of each of my subjects in each term basically, range of tests and assessments.
No chem half yearly though, we have an HSC exam questions portfolio.
^^ Basically we get tasked with a bunch of questions where we hand in drafts and stuff to improve our answers before handing in a final copy - worth 20% of internals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The past HSC question portfolio thing is actually a pretty smart idea.

highshill

HSC
Hehe I've got most of my assessments crammed into the last two weeks of term, which is also when I'll have to host assemblies, orientation day, and have mine and a friend's birthday :spin:
For once I'm actually wishing I could do my assessments early lol
Wow! It Looks like you are to be busy:D this term

highshill

HSC
We got our physics assignment today and it worth 45 marks and is 20 percent due in 2 week :eek2:

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
For those doing subjects with major works, have you thought of any ideas?

PikyoK

HSC
For those doing subjects with major works, have you thought of any ideas?
I do Visual Arts and we have to work on our Body of Work or more commonly known as your Year 12 Major. I plan on doing a video-game themed installation that is based on the history and the evolution of art from Paintings to Gaming and Virtual Reality as an art form. I'm using certain video games such as Rez and Fotonica as influences as well as Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario and Minecraft. I haven't put much thought into it but I'm excited to start planning and constructing it. :caffeine: :D :karate: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)