2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

kendallkreene

HSC
Does anyone feel like time is moving way too fast? 2017 FLEW by. We're almost in the middle of January... School starts in 2 weeks... HSC in 8 months... and I'll be 18 by then!

I read an article that time itself is not moving fast, but instead our perception of time is accelerating due to increasing "vibrations". Some weird law of attraction musing. Either way, I find myself steadily descending into a panic attack whenever I think about it. D:

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone feel like time is moving way too fast? 2017 FLEW by. We're almost in the middle of January... School starts in 2 weeks... HSC in 8 months... and I'll be 18 by then!

I read an article that time itself is not moving fast, but instead our perception of time is accelerating due to increasing "vibrations". Some weird law of attraction musing. Either way, I find myself steadily descending into a panic attack whenever I think about it. D:
I agree, time just seems to be slipping away
A year ago I was excited to start yr11, less than a year from now and I'll have to think about work and money and life stuff
I like the theory where time goes faster simply because our perceptions of time are relative to how long we've lived eg a year to a five year old is forever bc its a fifth of their lives, but a year to an eighty year old is nothing bc its an eightieth of their life

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

Yeah in HSC time flies because you study heaps and time flies when you're having fun ;)

brbstudying

HSC
Hi guys,

This is what I've been doing these holidays:

- Catching up on notes for Modern, Ancient and Legal
- My major works
- Reading English prescribed texts

My subjects are heavily humanities-based; I do English Adv, Ext 1 and 2, Legal Studies, Modern History and Ancient History. I admit I didn't try as hard in the first semester in Year 12, so I'm using the holidays to catch up, particularly on notes. In no way am I reading ahead for next semester's content, which I see a lot of people doing. Is this bad? Should I speed up my pace and get ahead like everyone else is doing? I don't want to be behind haha :(

PikyoK

HSC

Yeah. Me too. I get that feeling.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,

This is what I've been doing these holidays:

- Catching up on notes for Modern, Ancient and Legal
- My major works
- Reading English prescribed texts

My subjects are heavily humanities-based; I do English Adv, Ext 1 and 2, Legal Studies, Modern History and Ancient History. I admit I didn't try as hard in the first semester in Year 12, so I'm using the holidays to catch up, particularly on notes. In no way am I reading ahead for next semester's content, which I see a lot of people doing. Is this bad? Should I speed up my pace and get ahead like everyone else is doing? I don't want to be behind haha :(
It's not a bad thing to not read ahead, as I'm sure plenty of students won't be doing so. Also, not reading ahead doesn't mean you'll fall behind, as it's all a matter of getting work and notes done on time.
If you simply want to use these holidays to catch up on notes, do major works and read prescribed texts then by all means do so.
In all honesty, a kid could hypothetically teach themselves the entire syllabus for a subject in these holidays, but it doesn't guarantee excellent results. Do whatever you feel works best for you.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
For those of you doing Legal Studies, what topics are you doing? As far as I know I'm doing World Order and Consumers.

Also for English, what texts are y'all doing for AOS? I'm doing The Tempest and The Alchemist

Lumenoria

HSC
Family & World Order in Legal. For English, we're studying Robert Frost's body of work for AOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjuunnee

HSC
For Legal we're doing shelter and workplace and for Eng we're doing the Motorcycle Diaries

kendallkreene

HSC
Family & World Order in Legal. For English, we're studying Robert Frost's body of work for AOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucky! I love Robert Frost. It would've been amazing if we could do him for AOS. We're doing The Motorcycle Diaries, which according to my teachers, was used to obtain many Band 6s in previous years. It's okay - very stream-of-consciousness-ey and reminds me of On The Road by Jack Keruoac, which I started reading in Year 9 before giving up halfway through.

Frostguard

HSC
For Legal, I'm doing Family and Shelter ahhhhhhhhh
I wanted to do World Order and then i realised it was all international law and was like ' nah domestic law is hard enough imao '
and for Eng I did ' Go Back To Where You Came From ' oh raquel you crack me up

PikyoK

HSC
For English, we did Robert Gray's collection of poems for AOS.

The poems were:
- Journey, the North Coast
- Meatworks
- North Coast Town.

I did and essay and I used "The Boat" by Nam Le for my related text. http://www.sbs.com.au/theboat/

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Daaamn quite a few people doing shelter or family. Family sounds interesting but I'm so hyped for world order + I already have an issue I wanna write about for consumers

Honestly so glad I'm doing a Shakespeare text for AOS. I've actually kind of got the hang of reading Shakespearean lol thanks schooling system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)