2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Lumenoria

HSC
Got all my first term assessment results back, finally!! I'm so happy with them ah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Got all my first term assessment results back, finally!! I'm so happy with them ah

Same here, just got my legal studies mark back yesterday
Glad you're happy with your results, keep up the good work :)

Lumenoria

HSC
Same here, just got my legal studies mark back yesterday
Glad you're happy with your results, keep up the good work :)
Hehe yay!! I was particularly happy with my legal too. How'd you go? And thanks, you too! [emoji4]

Last edited:

Lumenoria

HSC
good on you! How did you go?
Aw thankyou! My marks/estimated ranks are as follows -

English Advanced - 87 - 2/40
English Extension 1 - 76 - 2/7
Mathematics - 95 - 3/104
Legal Studies - 100 - 1/54
Economics - 90 - 2/23
Multimedia - 86 - 1/30

I'm not too happy about English Extension, but my rank is alright so it'll do haha - at worst, it just won't count. I'm worried I won't be able to maintain such consistency in my marks later down the track, ahh.

jjuunnee

HSC
Aw thankyou! My marks/estimated ranks are as follows -

English Advanced - 87 - 2/40
English Extension 1 - 76 - 2/7
Mathematics - 95 - 3/104
Legal Studies - 100 - 1/54
Economics - 90 - 2/23
Multimedia - 86 - 1/30

I'm not too happy about English Extension, but my rank is alright so it'll do haha - at worst, it just won't count. I'm worried I won't be able to maintain such consistency in my marks later down the track, ahh.

At least you've started off well. A mate of mine said that doing well in your first assessments gives you more confidence and you tend to continue doing well for the rest of the year, as long as you put the hard work in, so hopefully that happens!

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
inb4 the HSC fucks us with a letter or interview (for English Creative) or any changes to the usual questions in the exams as we're the last batch of students to go through the old syllabus. :mad:

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Hehe yay!! I was particularly happy with my legal too. How'd you go? And thanks, you too! [emoji4]

Pretty good, we got the same mark for legal haha

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
First weekend guys how has it been? I've got a good amount of work done and I'm motivated for the week ahead!
Waiting on Adv English mark (Last year was all 90+ except 1 task so I have high hopes)

I'm planning on dropping economics and going to 10 units
What do you guys reckon about 12 units vs 10 units considering the units I'm doing?
Hope you guys have fun :)

Lumenoria

HSC
First weekend guys how has it been? I've got a good amount of work done and I'm motivated for the week ahead!
Waiting on Adv English mark (Last year was all 90+ except 1 task so I have high hopes)

What do you guys reckon about 12 units vs 10 units considering the units I'm doing?
Aw I'm jealous, I wish I had the same mentality as you - I've hardly done anything hahaha. I'm kinda in the same boat as you though, I'm seriously considering dropping down to 10 units by leaving English Extension 1. It's an exorbitant amount of work for just one unit, and I feel like I could easily be expending that time and effort into improving my performance in another subject. But at the same time, I'm really unsure of my ability to get a Band 6 in economics in the long term (I fkn hate it) and I reckon I will do better in EE1 by and large. I'm ranked in the top 3 for all my subjects overall thus far, but I can't help but feel like I've just gotten by through luck lmao. I feel like I do the bare minimum in comparison to other students. Anyways, I reckon that if you're confident in your ability for your top ten units, then dropping economics will be beneficial - especially if you hate it, like me.

Also, just outta curiosity, how much are you studying per night? In terms of hours

Last edited:

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Aw I'm jealous, I wish I had the same mentality as you - I've hardly done anything hahaha. I'm kinda in the same boat as you though, I'm seriously considering dropping down to 10 units by leaving English Extension 1. It's an exorbitant amount of work for just one unit, and I feel like I could easily be expending that time and effort into improving my performance in another subject. But at the same time, I'm really unsure of my ability to get a Band 6 in economics in the long term (I fkn hate it) and I reckon I will do better in EE1 by and large. I'm ranked in the top 3 for all my subjects overall thus far, but I can't help but feel like I've just gotten by through luck lmao. I feel like I do the bare minimum in comparison to other students. Anyways, I reckon that if you're confident in your ability for your top ten units, then dropping economics will be beneficial - especially if you hate it, like me.

Also, just outta curiosity, how much are you studying per night? In terms of hours

Damn top 3 in all your subjects - That's awesome!
I'm top 3 I think as well, scraping on there so idk

For study I tend to do 3 hours per night - 7:30-10:30
Changes depending on the day, e.g. I have more things to do outside of school on monday, but wednesday is completely free

That study does not include homework that I do first, as well as note taking

Lumenoria

HSC
Damn top 3 in all your subjects - That's awesome!
I'm top 3 I think as well, scraping on there so idk

For study I tend to do 3 hours per night - 7:30-10:30
Changes depending on the day, e.g. I have more things to do outside of school on monday, but wednesday is completely free

That study does not include homework that I do first, as well as note taking
Aw thanks haha!! You too, you seem to be so organised and on top of everything hahahaha

HOLY crap what, if you're not note taking or doing homework, then I'm assuming you're doing past papers or going ahead or something? Correct me if I'm wrong hahaha. I want to do that, but I definitely haven't gotten through enough content to be able to finish one. That's incredible, I've just been trying to keep on top of my notes AND also ensuring I understand them, ugh. I just find it so ridiculously hard to balance homework, study and major work lol. Do you do more hours on the weekend?

HoldingOn

HSC

Not sure about you but I would get bored doing just 10 units

Frostguard

HSC
You guys are goals at studying :speechless:

I really should do past papers a lot more often but you know

I can't pass up on My Kitchen Rules and Home and Away I love them so much

Lumenoria

HSC
You guys are goals at studying :speechless:

I really should do past papers a lot more often but you know

I can't pass up on My Kitchen Rules and Home and Away I love them so much
Hhahaha oh god no, I feel like I'm behind the entire state of NSW in studying because I'm always distracted by my phone AHH hahah

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Aw thanks haha!! You too, you seem to be so organised and on top of everything hahahaha

HOLY crap what, if you're not note taking or doing homework, then I'm assuming you're doing past papers or going ahead or something? Correct me if I'm wrong hahaha. I want to do that, but I definitely haven't gotten through enough content to be able to finish one. That's incredible, I've just been trying to keep on top of my notes AND also ensuring I understand them, ugh. I just find it so ridiculously hard to balance homework, study and major work lol. Do you do more hours on the weekend?

Yeah so like - I have a set structure for 7:30-8:30, 8:30-9:30 and 9:30-10:30 at the moment - Basically an hour for 3u, 4u and physics as I have half yearlies for those, which is mostly doing trial questions and revising content for the maths - Doing short answers and palm cards and stuff for the physics
- Tonight is the first night so we will see if I like it
In the time between when I get home and 7:30, I'm resting, completely homework and making my notes essentially, so there normally isn't much rush.
- And as you can see, I'm chilling on BOS atm so clearly not grinding hard enough ahahah

Yeah weekends are normally more - get more time to do other stuff as well, like getting hours for my L's and gym and stuff - but still a large amount of study as well

I-love-books

HSC
Is it just me but has anyone lost motivation to study or do work
Since the holidays I haven’t been doing much at all for my subjects and can’t bring myself to do it and when I do I get really distracted by my phone or my siblings come and interrupt me or something. This is not the way I wanted to start my yr but I’ve been so de-motivated that I don’t want to do anything. So is it just me and how do I get out of this slump coz I really need to push my self this yr.
:)

Lilabear

HSC
Is it just me but has anyone lost motivation to study or do work
Since the holidays I haven’t been doing much at all for my subjects and can’t bring myself to do it and when I do I get really distracted by my phone or my siblings come and interrupt me or something. This is not the way I wanted to start my yr but I’ve been so de-motivated that I don’t want to do anything. So is it just me and how do I get out of this slump coz I really need to push my self this yr.
:)
Same, i was sticking to a good routine at the end of the holidays and during the first week, but the past few days i've been procrastinating :( I think i've gotten complacent cause half yearlies is 6 weeks away and i'm up to date on work.
Struggling to find motivation to work ahead and do practice papers/essays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)